skymama

Parachutist Memorial Page for Shannon

Sincerely,
Komakech
PayPal Business Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

Wonder what they would do if a "few" dz.com people wrote them, and asked them to reconsider? I have spent a few bucks via PayPal as has my company, and perhaps we could apply some pressure. Maybe even write the parent company, ebay.

Want to provide an address of the person who refused you?

J
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

Don't waste your time. Paypal and eBay handle daily transactions just behind MasterCard and Visa in volume and worth. You'll have better luck trying to fight your credit card company for 0% interest rates for life.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've been wondering about this.

Why didn't you sign up for a Personal Account through PayPal? That way you can accept money and they won't take any of it. If you have a Premiere or Business Account they take a percentage.

The only thing with a Personal Account is that you can't accept payment via credit card (only from someone's bank account) whereas you can accept credit card payments with a Premiere or Business Account.

You could have saved several hundred dollars with a Personal Account. :(

Fuckin' PayPal!!! >:(

Edited for spelling.

That would have been great to know earlier [:/] No one else stepped up to the plate so I did what I could. Why didn't you set up a personal account and take care of this? Had I known I would have done just that.

Edited to add: Like I've said before, I have no mal intent and am only trying to do something to help out those who have more pressing issues in their life right now.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

No checks arrived and no PayPal donations were recieved after this am's post.

Bringing our totals to:
Before $6,314.51
After $5,927.87
Parachutist ($1565)
Donation $4,362.87

www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I've been wondering about this.

Why didn't you sign up for a Personal Account through PayPal? That way you can accept money and they won't take any of it. If you have a Premiere or Business Account they take a percentage.

The only thing with a Personal Account is that you can't accept payment via credit card (only from someone's bank account) whereas you can accept credit card payments with a Premiere or Business Account.

You could have saved several hundred dollars with a Personal Account. :(

GEEZ, let's just slam someone who has spent a chunk of time working without pay. Did you send a band aid with that slam? Let's just slam people that give freely of there time, without any renumeration. Let me know if you need some first aid for a head cut and ....sigh...OK, cooling down now.

I won't give PayPal my bank account number, and I suspect there are others in the same boat. Therefor, Shannon's fund might have had fewer dollars, guessing even fewer dollars than the cut that PayPal took.

Are there monthly fee's associated with the PayPal account that Paige has? I sure didn't see Paige charging anything for those type of fees.

I admire your jumping after your accident. That's a fantastic accomplishment.

I am sad you slammed Paige, and wonder if that is an indication of how you treat people in general?

Come on, it's a tough time for many people posting in this thread. Spend some time writing to help make it an eaiser time for those close to Shannon.

Jeff

Edited to show quoted material.
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

Are there monthly fee's associated with the PayPal account that Paige has? I sure didn't see Paige charging anything for those type of fees.

There is a yearly charge for the account. I offered use of my account so people could have the option of donating via credit card.

Not everyone is cash rich or has cash to spare all the time. I'd be devistated if the only way I could give was via CC and I was unable to.

Giving makes people feel good and if a CC is all you've got at that moment in time, so be it, you should be able to give just like everyone else.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Paige, honestly it makes me laugh :D that people can see any negative B| what-so-ever in any of this at all. Here are the facts...

:)
:( We all shared a great pain at her loss.

:) We all wanted to honor her by making a contribution to her memorial fund.

B| We raised a shit load more money than any of us expected.

:) One person stands out as the organizer who donated much more than money, but time, effort, and abuse-taking.

EVERYONE CHILL OUT AND BE HAPPY!!!!!! Like this ===> B| <=== HAPPY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Paige is the bomb.

VOTE FOR PEDRO PAIGE.

I swear if you people don't lay off Paige!! Give the woman a break, I don't see any of you people who are complaining or making a ruckus being one of the first to step up and say "HEY I'LL HANDLE THE DONTATION!"

Just STFU (Shut The Fuck Up)..

:|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Paige, honestly it makes me laugh :D that people can see any negative B| what-so-ever in any of this at all. Here are the facts...

:)
:( We all shared a great pain at her loss.

:) We all wanted to honor her by making a contribution to her memorial fund.

B| We raised a shit load more money than any of us expected.

:) One person stands out as the organizer who donated much more than money, but time, effort, and abuse-taking.

EVERYONE CHILL OUT AND BE HAPPY!!!!!! Like this ===> B| <=== HAPPY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Paige is the bomb.

VOTE FOR PEDRO PAIGE.

And this post makes me :)

Thanks babe! Appreciate the post. Really, I'd do it all over again w. 10x's the hastle. I'm greatful to those who appreciate the effort. Even if I had done this anon. and never got recognition (side not-not the purpose of doing this at all) it wouldn't matter, it'd all be worth it!

I'd have to say Pedro is still way cooler though :D:D:D;)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Well put Weege.

Why can't we just be satisfied with the amount of money that we raised for Shannon's memorial fund and the donation to her favorite charity? Is that too much to ask?:|

Chris

I didn't it as hammering on Paige...I saw it as a good, but way too late, suggestion....

I think we're being overly sensitive here and loosing knee-jerk reactions...we all know Paige is doing a kick-ass job so let's focus on that and on what we've all done so far.

Congrats to Paige and to ALL of you who donated and helped in any way.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Whoooooo for the generous dz.com community!!!!!!!!!!!

We've raise way more money than I thought possible, that should def. be the focus and the good stuff we get to reflect on. Shannon is still a unifying force doing all kinds of good.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

All the checks have cleared, PayPal has transfered the money and I am sending the check off to BestFriends.org today!

Our total donation $4,387.87

Way to go everyone! This was an amazing donation to a great organization. It's incredible what we all can do to help one another out in a time of tradgedy. This was a great show of support and love for Shannon, Bob and their families. Everyone should be proud knowing they contributed to such a great cause for a great woman.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

All the checks have cleared, PayPal has transfered the money and I am sending the check off to BestFriends.org today!

Way to go everyone! This was an amazing donation to a great organization. It's incredible what we all can do to help one another out in a time of tradgedy. This was a great show of support and love for Shannon, Bob and their families. Everyone should be proud knowing they contributed to such a great cause for a great woman.

Like you didn't have anything to do with the coordination/collection/organization with this awesome donation. Great Job Paige! :)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Great job keeping us all organized and staying on top of everything, Paige. You did good! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There was a collection of amazing photos this weekend.

Anita Grundherr, also know here as CombatPackerBarbie (or maybe just PackerBarbie) is compiling all of the photos this week.

She has amazing skills. We sat down and discussed the layout. I hope you all will love it.

If you have any other photos that you would like to submit, send them to [email protected].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I'm sure whatever you guys do will be just fine with all of us because you're doing it with love. Just make sure you get it in by the deadline. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon