skymama

Parachutist Memorial Page for Shannon

It's not that we don't care, you asked when it is the middle of the night for most of us so there weren't a lot of people here to respond. The information hasn't been posted on whether she was an organ doner or not.

I think the organ donation program is awesome and so many lives have been saved because of it. This is a good reminder that we should all make our wishes known to our loved ones so there isn't any doubt.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

First off, I hope you read Skymammas post. She wrote it much nicer than I. This is a post to celebrate Shannons life and to honor her memory.

Second, we most surely do care but it is really none of our business, that is family business.

Third, STFU >:( and keep your negative crap out of this post.

Rest In Peace Shannon, We miss you

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Guest 1010
transplant wrote over in the BASE forum that his daughter received a kidney translplant in SF.

With the mention of dz.com in the media lots of first-time-ever posters and users here.

Transplant - hope things go okay with your daughter. I understand the curiosity, but the privacy rules are there for several reasons. Might be best to be grateful to all people that are organ donors. Doubtful it is Shannon's since she passed a distance from SF.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

transplant wrote over in the BASE forum that his daughter received a kidney translplant in SF.

With the mention of dz.com in the media lots of first-time-ever posters and users here.

Transplant - hope things go okay with your daughter. I understand the curiosity, but the privacy rules are there for several reasons. Might be best to be grateful to all people that are organ donors. Doubtful it is Shannon's since she passed a distance from SF.

You Never know... My sister daughter got a heart transplant from Donor in Texas and she lives in St. Louis MO. as for Privacy rules... my sister tracked down and found donor family they are close friends.. and my sister daufghter always visits them when in Texas (where I am)

they do not care

I care very much which is why I have spent so much of my free time helping out (I don't have much free time lately but this is a VERY WORTHY CAUSE). Skymama is working very hard to help out w. this too and SHE DOES CARE. If we didn't care we wouldn't do it.

Shannon helped me through some tough times w. her kind words and sense of humor. I care about Shannon, her family, Bob, people on these forums (who aren't trolls), TPM & PMS Sisters, the skydiving community, the tunnel community, my friends, family, and I'd do this for anyone. All someone would have to do is ask. Giving is in my nature and I am proud that. To me the reward comes from feeling better knowing I made someone's life easier.

Some people do not speak of their giving and community service and that's fine, but I like to. I try and lead by example and hope others will see the value and follow suit.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hey Paige,

Just didn't want anyone to think I wasn't interested in donating...but I'm donating from my PayPal after the closing pin project is closed, so I figured it was redundant and would lower the $ amount if I paid into yours just to go to the same place I was sending stuff..:P

Thanks. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Paige and Andrea, thank you for everything you are doing. Anyone who has lost someone close knows how chaotic things can get. The less the family has to deal with and the more we can do for them and for Shannon, the better. Its really wonderful that we can keep her spirit alive like this. That girl had a lot of spirit.. but we've got enough love to carry it on.

Thanks, ladies. You are loved!

Kristi

Thank you to everyone who sent their donations via check!

Clarence W.
Clay F.
Jumper 03
Cheryl D.
Pat J.
Cora
Muenkel

UPDATE
Totals before PayPal $5,979.51
Totals after PayPal $5.624.58
Parachutist Memorial Page ($1,565)
BF.ORG Donation $4,059.58

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Kristi for the kind words :)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Not only did we easily get the amount needed for a fitting tribute in the magazine, but to be able to make such a wonderful donation in Shannon's name to a place that was near to her heart, is just simply amazing! It is so cool how her love shines on through her friends and family who loved her so very much!

Thank you to all who are making it possible!:)

I am not sure if bestfriends.org has been contacted in regards to donations that may be coming in. I wanted to write them and let them know I will be sending a large check from the dz.com community in Shannon's honor.

Here is the email I sent:
To: [email protected]
Subject: A community in mourning is finding inspiration and :) though bestfriends.org

Body:
Hi, my name is Paige Rudolph and I have been taking donations from skydivers all around the world in the wake of a recent fatality of a good friend Shannon Dean, or as she is known on Dropzone.com GirlFallDown.

Here is a post Bob Ash (fiance) made in regards to her memorial service on Dropzone.com and how in lue of flowers they would like funds donated to bestfriends.org( http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2255537;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed; ).

The Dropzone.com community has managed to raise $5,979.51 (before PayPal), after the PayPal charges we have net $5,624.58. $1565 of that is going to a memorial page in Parachutist magazine and the rest will be sent to you guys! Our donation to bestfriends.org in Shannon’s honor (so far) is $4,059.58. Shannon was an amazing woman and it’s so fitting that her caring and giving continue even after she has left this waking life.

I’m not sure if you are aware of all of this but I wanted to give you a heads up that a large donation will be coming in Shannon’s honor.

If you are interested, I will be posting updates for our donation totals to you here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2251604;page=6;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Lots of love to you and all the amazing animals you are caring for-
Paige Rudolph
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Everyone,

Please be careful with abbreviations. BF.org is an entity and is quite different from bestfriends.org.

Just a heads-up to make sure Shannon's interests are maintained.

Thanks,

Chris
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

When you are typing it as frequently as I have abbreviations are sort of necessary. It's on this site and thread enough where the $ is going. If people have doubts, they can see just about any post in this thread to clear things up.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Regarding abbreviations, I could see someone coming into the thread late or even a few months from now and want to donate. If it were me, I would go to www.bf.org because that is what I'm seeing

www.bf.org links to Bible Foundation

My suggestion would be to drop the .org if you plan to still abbreviate to make it more ambiguous. Then people would have to search and read more posts.

Just my .02
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Use your special greenie powers

In a way, that's not a bad idea. HH set up the keyword links. It'd be a simple matter to create one for bestfriends.org
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Use your special greenie powers

In a way, that's not a bad idea. HH set up the keyword links. It'd be a simple matter to create one for bestfriends.org

That wasn't what I had in mind... but I see Remi did what I was expecting.

I really have a lot on my plate right now esp. w. the donations rolling in and everything going on in my personal life. Sorry if anyone was confused. Even if I could edit the posts, I simply don't have the time to go back and do that.

I've put in endless hours collecting donations, making sure checks have gotten out, making list of those who have donated, and what not. If anyone thinks I don't have Shannon's wishes or best interests in mind, they are sorely wrong (not saying it's your Remi, I've received PM's and comments that I feel are way off base).
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I think you're doing a great job and being very sweet to have donated your time to do this.

Agreed. I wish there were more people in the world like Paige. Also, I don't see anyone else volunteering to take up this project and put in the time and effort to do it right.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes