ChangoLanzao

DC9 WFFC JUMP ... We Just Landed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question, how fast is the jet going during jump run?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I think my dad was on that load, I need to call him and see how it was.

I probably won't get a hold of him because I heard he is on his way to jump the glider and in the morning he is doing the 30,000 ft jump.

I am pretty jealous right now because I only got to film two tandems today.

Clint
D-24352

I think my dad was on that load, I need to call him and see how it was.

I probably won't get a hold of him because I heard he is on his way to jump the glider and in the morning he is doing the 30,000 ft jump.

I am pretty jealous right now because I only got to film two tandems today.

Clint
D-24352

What kind of glider do they have there?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Outstanding!!! B|

Congrats to Deke and the WFFC staff, Perris and the FAA for making it happen! Woo-hoo! Wish I was there instead of being stuck in Kosovo!!!

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Outstanding!!! B|

Congrats to Deke and the WFFC staff, Perris and the FAA for making it happen! Woo-hoo! Wish I was there instead of being stuck in Kosovo!!!

mh

I would also like to add thanks to Pat and Ben, for all their hard work in getting the Jet to drop jumpers. This has been a dream for them for a while now. They are the ones who went out on a limp and purchased the jet and put in all the time, money, and energy to get this baby flying jumpers.

Thanks Pat and Ben:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

are they allowing tandems out of the jet?
what's the turnout look like at the convention this weekend?

No tandems, as far as I can tell. Turnout is lighter but I hear that we're up to around 800 now. The weather is absolutely great!;)

Seven years ago the WFFC had a turnout seven times that high. It's too bad there's no longer one mega boogie that EVERYBODY attends--That was a lot of fun.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I was at manifest when the question was asked by an interested tandem student, the answer was yes, but there would be the extra cost beyond a regular jump.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I was at manifest when the question was asked by an interested tandem student, the answer was yes, but there would be the extra cost beyond a regular jump.

what in the hell are you talking about and to who?

Anyone know if it'll be flying regular loads at Perris this fall? When I go home to Australia in October I was thinking I'd schedule a longer layover ( a day or two) in LA if I could go jump that beast :o
cavete terrae.

There was a tandem on my load today. Exit was 130-150 KIAS. Faster than normal of course but not bad. If you've done a high speed Casa exit you've had worse. Just watch the spot. I LANDED about 1 1/2 miles OFF THE END of the runway in a bean field. Karmic justice that the tandem was one of the aircraft owners and she landed about 50 ft from me. :D That was my second off landing of this convention but both times I have had a ride waiting on me from a local before I could pick up my stuff. :)

There was a tandem on my load today. Exit was 130-150 KIAS. Faster than normal of course but not bad. If you've done a high speed Casa exit you've had worse. Just watch the spot. I LANDED about 1 1/2 miles OFF THE END of the runway in a bean field. Karmic justice that the tandem was one of the aircraft owners and she landed about 50 ft from me. :D That was my second off landing of this convention but both times I have had a ride waiting on me from a local before I could pick up my stuff. :)

Were you on load 2 sunday? I was on that one... I was third person out on the first pass.... We were hoping to be farther in the lineup to make the swoop pond, but oh well.

I only made that one jump then headed back to the home dz for the sunset load. Travelling by cessna 182 rocks!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka