boinky

If You Died Today.........

1. Do you have a specific someone to take care of the "arrangements?"

2. Do you know what those "arrangements" will be? Please share your thoughts.

3. Do you have life insurance (or monies put away to cover costs)?

4. Do you have a will?
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

1. I guess it would be my mom.... but she doesn't know much about Ash dives, so no then.

2. I would want part of my ashes to go to my family and the rest to be on an ash dive.

3. Yes, I bought life insurance before I started skydiving a year ago. Skydiving is covered.

4. No, the only expensive thing I own is my rig... everything will go to my mom I guess.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Wow, this is easy.

No, no, no, and no.

Same here.... :S:S:S

I really need to get the ball rolling and get those noes changed to yeses... it's a must when you have a mortgage, wife and kid.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2. Do you have life insurance (or monies put away to cover costs)?

3. Do you have a will?

Yes, yes and yes
My buddies know what to do with my ashes.
My wife knows I want Crystal Ship by the Doors played at the funeral.....all the rest is not a concern.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

2. Do you have life insurance (or monies put away to cover costs)?

3. Do you have a will?

Well so much for leaving my trailer in the next 10 minutes to go and do my first jump in 6 weeks.... Thanks for that.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Haven't talked about specifics of arrangements, but my parents would be responsible for that, and honestly I don't really care what they do - I'm of the opinion that memorials/funerals/burial arrangements are more for those who are left behind than for the one who's passed on. I do, however, have a healthcare power of attorney, advance healthcare directive, and a will.

4. Do you have a will?

1. I think so - I'd have to check just to make sure that the arrangements are what I had in mind.

2. Yes, but it changes from time to time

3. No - not anymore

4. No.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

*shrugs*

I don't have a house or mortgage, no spouse and kids live with the x-spouse or are grown. No family here and they are so self centered, they wouldn't come here if I DID die.

If I died today, my stuff would sit in the duplex until the landlord sold them off at the first of the month to cover the remainder of the lease! ;) And if my body was found in the duplex at the time...he'd probably just pitch me into the dumpster! :$ And the finance company would just repossess the truck. :P
Nina

I have a will but it needs to be changed...thanks for the reminder. My stuff needs to go to my son and not to my ex.

I've told everyone I know that if I go out just throw me out on the side of the road somewhere and let the state take care of it. The community service perps can find me and the state can bury me on the tax money I've paid and from which rarely, if ever, benefitted.

:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Damn if i die while i am here in the states i have heard it will cost my parents there house to get me home to new zealand if i dont have insurance.
The thing is when my insurance runs out i can not get travel inssurance while i am in the states.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Well so much for leaving my trailer in the next 10 minutes to go and do my first jump in 6 weeks.... Thanks for that.

:D You're welcome!!! :D

Seriously though....go do your jumping. THEN come back and figure out the details! If you did it now....it might look like you were planning something! ;)
Nina

4. Do you have a will?

Probably my parents. Should probably have a more detailed talk about arrangements. No life insurance... oh, wait, I think I get a bit through work, but nothing I've purchased on my own. No will... oughta get on that, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yup....lately, I've been thinking a lot about what would happen to me/my stuff if I died. Not a very uplifting conclusion, either. [:/]
Nina

- Parents

- Don't know and don't care.

- Yes

4. Do you have a will?

- Yes, living and dead will. (You should create a living will to make the decisions easier on your loved ones. You should crate a dead will to give your assets to your loved ones instead of the government.)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

You know what my problem is? I'd want an ash dive, but there's no way I can bring that up to my parents. They would FREAK OUT. And I don't have anything to will to anyone. And I lost my life insurance when I lost my real job. Hence all the "no" answers. [:/]

1. Do you have a specific someone to take care of the "arrangements?" - No, believe my mom will just take care of it.

2. Do you know what those "arrangements" will be? Please share your thoughts. - I've explained that I will donate what they can take and I want to be cremated.

3. Do you have life insurance (or monies put away to cover costs)? - Yes with work. Scary - at one point I had 3 life insurance polices. :S

4. Do you have a will?

- No.. This is something I really need to work on.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Yup....lately, I've been thinking a lot about what would happen to me/my stuff if I died. Not a very uplifting conclusion, either. [:/]

I'm sure that things would be taken of.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I want Louis Shroder to recite High Flight. Have my gear sold to buy beer and party. I want an Ash Dive so as not to clutter the earth. I jumped through the ashes of Mt St Helens when they got to michigan and other jumpera and its still around.Dont suppose mine wont make it any worse Let people have any of my Tee Shirts about 200 to make rags to chegk oil etc etc I got a really great Altimeter for my 10000 jump to go to USPA museum..

I feel so old and mature. Yesses to all of them (well, to the degree I care about for the second).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have a will but it needs to be changed...thanks for the reminder. My stuff needs to go to my son and not to my ex.
:D:D:D

NOT LEGAL ADVICE: In cases like yours, I sometimes advise my own clients that they're better off destroying their current wills (and thus being "intestate") until they get a new one prepared and signed. There are instances where that better ensures (during this interim time) that the ex gets nothing (or as little as legally possible if the divorce is not yet final) and the children get as much as possible. (It's basically a MYTH that "your stuff goes to the government" if you die without a will.) But I almost never advise anyone to destroy their current will unless I've read it myself first. You really need to speak to a lawyer ASAP, and one of the questions you should ask is whether or not you're better off deep-sixing your current will until the new one is ready.

1. Do you have a specific someone to take care of the "arrangements?" - Yes. My wife.

2. Do you know what those "arrangements" will be? Please share your thoughts. - No, I don't. There are suggestions I have given, i.e., cremated, she knows about ash dives, and I want a festive and fun funeral, but how am I to say what the arrangements would be? Plans can and do change, and since I'll be dead, I will have little say in it.

3. Do you have life insurance (or monies put away to cover costs)? I have plenty of insurance to cover the funeral and probably ten years of income.

4. Do you have a will?
I have a "testamentary document." It says what I want done, which is everything to the wife and kids.

My wife is hotter than your wife.