agent_lead

SMALL PLANE CRASHES INTO BUILDING IN NYC

I JUS DUK TAEPD MY WINDOZ SHUT SO I FEL A LOT SAFAR NOWZ

I realize he's joking, but this doesn't look all that different from some of the "I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO drunk" threads I've seen. Maybe we should see what his hangover count is tommorrow :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

(I am on 34th Floor)

Really the 34th you say..... do you have a blacony?

Anyway, I will weigh in here and put it out there first.

This is not terrorism. Planes have crashed into buildings in NY before that were accidents. It happens, furthermore the buildings location alone isolates it as a non terrorist event.

It is not a major (i.e. govt building), the plane was a small single engine, and furthermore, it would not be hard to fathom an aircraft flying VFR near the city, to go out of control (i.e. pilot heart attack, momentary lapse of concentration) to hit the building where it did.

The media is blowing it out of proportion. I say 90% likely an accident, 10% chance deranged individual who had something against a neghbor or person in that appartment........

you heard it here first.

now into the closet with you.

I think its time you come out of the closet Rebecca...:|

Why would I do that? It's scary out there, and besides, once you get to know 'em, R. Kelly and Tom Cruise are really funny. :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Only 2 casualties confirmed so far - both from the aircraft. Looks like 5 apartments involved.

t

I just heard on the radio it was 1 in the plane and 1 on the ground, or in the building. Could be wrong but thats just what I heard a minute ago.

So who is Cory Lidle?

And why didn't he use his balistic parachute?

And why didn't you tell us all this stuff on post no 1?;)

t

Lidle is a Yankees pitcher. new pilot. Private license only per the FAA airman search database. current medical certificate.

Aircraft is a newer designed plane. Sidestick control, not a typical yoke found on most light acft. A Test pilot was actually killed during the test phase during this aircraft's certification...

The ballistic parachute "saves" the plane only in the aspect that it makes the landing within survivable tolerances. The airframe will be 'totaled'.

So when you have a problem, you are faced with saying 'screw it, I am pulling the chute' or the ole, maybe I can save it....

Kind of like the whole cutting away, or trying to fix the problem.

Also, to add speculation, pre the news. It is very intimidating to new pilots to fly in busy airspace and have to talk to ATC. lots of extra work. So he probably tried to go VFR, i.e. not talking to anyone down the river... There are VFR cooridoors that pilots can use to fly across busy airspaces without talking to ATC... Not saying he was on one...

Maybe he was trying to fly visually, got into a cloud, lost control and came slamming in. He didn't have an instrument rating..........

But anyway, I could give you a bunch of different situations, and might guess right. But I HATE HATE HATE the way the media handles this crap and blows it out of proportion. It burns me up.

Lastly, well, I didn't see the thread till then....

-j

to add to the speculation?

Are you meaning to say that the media doesn't know the full story before they tell us?
Why wouldn't they wait 8 minutes to gather thestory instead of guessing.
Hmm, Kinda makes me question the impeccable reporting I have seen.:D:D
My photos

My Videos

Thanks for the info.

I'm just playing. Kinda relieved it's as small as it is, and I never have much sympathy for rich people who buy planes and screw up. (Like JFK Jr.)

t

At least the only people JFK, Jr killed were people who chose to get in a plane with him. Looks like Lidle took out some innocent bystanders with him.[:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Latest -

Plane was a Cirrus SR-20 or SR-22. Four aboard; one was a NY Yankee.

That's Cory.. but he was apparently alone. Had his licence less than a year.

t

See, if it had been a Red Sox pitcher, then it MIGHT have been a terrorist attack.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Latest -

Plane was a Cirrus SR-20 or SR-22. Four aboard; one was a NY Yankee.

That's Cory.. but he was apparently alone. Had his licence less than a year.

t

FAA record show he was issued SEL Single Engine Land private pilot rating on February 9th 2006 given spring training / baseball season.. I doubt he got to get lot of hours built up... makes wonder too if It was sucide? heard he was losing pitchter in yankees last game.....

who said suicide?

are you listening to the news?

I just heard that they may not be the most credible source.

I'm not sayingthat its NOT asuicide but I haven't heard any one say it was.(cept you)

I think it was a joke. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

who said suicide?

are you listening to the news?

I just heard that they may not be the most credible source.

I'm not sayingthat its NOT asuicide but I haven't heard any one say it was.(cept you)

JT, crashing into a building by accident is pretty rare.
This meathead did himself in, in a grand manner that complimented his celebrity status.

Dollar to a doughnut.

What an ass.