ACMESkydiver

What Instrument(s) Do You Play?

Inspired by skymama's 'What do YOU play' thread...:ph34r:

I played oboe, flute, and piccolo. I also played guitar for about 45 minutes. :| (It hurt my little fingertips! B| And I couldn't paint my nails! :D)

-how 'bout you? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Back in the day, I played the clarinet, bassoon and piano. We have a piano in the house, but I really haven't progressed since I was 12. :ph34r: My daughter has been playing for 9 years, she's really good. Right now she's working on Bohemian Rhaspody.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I almost bought a banged up piano...it was one of those that are up-and-down? you know, not like a grand piano, the other kind?

Anyhoo, I almost bought it because I know my 10 year old daughter would love it (she's playing cello now).

I just didn't know how to get it home, where to put it, or how to tune it. :P
~Jaye

I played piano competitively and "back in the day" won national championships in classical piano.:o:$

I merely dabble in: clarinet, drums, guitar.

I was in an ensemble when I was younger, though, and played all sorts of instruments depending on the genre.

I love music. We used to have to keep a different beat with each hand, each foot & sing all together (4 beats & sing a song). I definitely can't do that as well as I used to.:D

Edit: Hey speaking of that, sit in a chair and hold up your right leg and move it in circles clockwise. Then with your hand write the number 6 in the air. See if you can keep your foot from switching from clockwise to counter-clockwise.:D

That drives me nuts!:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hmmm...got a degree in trombone performance, but never touched it again after my graduation recital. Mom stole it from me so I wouldn't sell it to pay rent when I moved to NYC after college, so I'm sure I'll pull it out of their attic at some point and play around a bit again.
Killing threads since 2004.

Mom stole it from me so I wouldn't sell it to pay rent

:D:D:D

My parents did the same thing to many things they had given me or wanted to give me in college.

I'm soooooooo not a hold-on-to-this-or-that person. I like space. I like having shelves with nothing on them; just the option to put something on them.:D

If I'm not using it/haven't used it in a year then it's sold, donated or trashed thankyouverymuch.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm kind of a pack rat, but I was also completely over the trombone by the time I graduated so I think she knew it would probably be one of the first things to go. I think she's more interested in having a full complement of instruments for grand kids (thankfully she hasn't gotten on to the kick about wanting those yet) to play with. She actually has a few of my old trombones, a trumpet, sax, a couple drum sets and I'm sure a few other random instruments that my siblings and I picked up over time.

I can't wait for the day she has a home full of grand kids and we pull out all of those instruments and she realizes the error of her ways! ;):S;):S
Killing threads since 2004.

Edit: Hey speaking of that, sit in a chair and hold up your right leg and move it in circles clockwise. Then with your hand write the number 6 in the air. See if you can keep your foot from switching from clockwise to counter-clockwise.:D

That drives me nuts!:P

Thanks for this i needed a reason to laugh at myself:D:D

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

I am a failed music-ed major.. I know how to play fluently the Saxophone, trombone, euphonium, and tuba, as well as some percussion. and know how to play, but not very well the oboe, bassoon, bass, trumpet, horn, .. and shoot, i know i am missing a few, oh well.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I only play my 6-string guitar for fun now.

I can play but haven't touched in years:
Bass guitar
Trumpet
Clarinet
Sax
Sousaphone
Tuba
limited drums
tubular bells
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I took both piano and vocal lessons for several years back in my teens. I wasn't very disciplined at either, so I didn't do my practises in between lessons. My parents have a grand piano and my brother can play it by ear. He never took a lesson but can play anything after he hears it once. He also has an incredible voice. I hate people like that...j/k.

Lately I have been considering re-visiting the piano and vocal lessons. I used to have a 3 1/2 octave range. Now, I'm lucky if I could sing 2 octaves.[:/]

Chris

I play bass mainly, but also guitar, drums and piano. I play in 4 bands and right now I am plying bass in Jesus christ Superstar at a large theatre in Denmark. i have also played bass in "joseph" (Andrew Lloyd Webber) and Annie get your gun. I love musicals!!!
https://icarusanddaedalusadventures.blogspot.com/

I play piano (been playing for 23 years now)

I used to play percussion (i still dabble a little with it),
and I play the clarinet (self taught, just average)!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

right now I am plying bass in Jesus christ Superstar

That's the only musical I've ever seen that I disliked. :S It was just kind of creepy to me.

Our highschool did it, and the acting was incredible, the musical talent amazing, but i just couldn't enjoy it. -And a public highschool would never get away with doing that musical in today's society. [:/]
~Jaye

As I was a music-ed major - you name it, I can play it - and make it sound decent ;)

But my proficiency was in clarinet/sax and piano.

My favorites other than that were viola, cello and oboe. Sold my clarinet to go through AFF, not too sorry about it though because I couldn't play anymore anyway (jaw joint problems) - but there are alot of days when I miss piano.

Hubby says we can buy one next year... I'm practically holding my breath :)

Jen
Arianna Frances