piisfish

Weekend numbers 11-12 nov

:|:4:2

:D for 1st jump on my own packjob
:D for getting the A-card all signed off B|

Kris!!! I had no idea! Congratulations!!! They need to anounce these things so we can all harass you! Now we can jump together - yippee!!! :)
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

:(1:1

Had my first "off" landing miles away. Winds just picked up as we were under canopy and when I dumped I knew I was mega downwind. (insert swearword).

Was fun though - kept me on my toes:S and glad I finally landed off as I was nervous about it. But well impressed that I managed to land backwards in a bit of field not covered in cow shit and especially in that wind!

Got scared by the "young" cows in the field I landed in and had to swear a lot at them when they insisted on following me in a menacing manner and jumping up at me whilst I was trying to gather my canopy and make for the gate. Then met a friendly stranger who showed me the way back to the DZ saving me a longer walk through the lanes.

Owe beer to that stranger should we meet again.:)
Hoping to do my 100th this weekend coming so praying for good weather and no hangovers.

:)
No jumps on Saturday, but I took advantage of the rain to assist in a AFF ground school in Davis and finially finish my coach rating requirements.

Some fun times in Byron on Sunday.
2 freefly jumps with ebusto, Ego, and Jason
1 fun 9-way RW
2 jumps with flygirl1
1 friend's tandem lurk

2:4:0

4 jumps at Perris doing 38ways. On the 4th jump we went to altitude
got the green light and climbed out. After about a minute we had
still not seen feet on the lead AC and climbed back in.

Mark had to haul the camera flyer back in so I went out again front float to block wind. We later descended to 9K and made two passes of speed stars just to get out. To top it all off I had diving line twists
on deployment.

4 awesome jumps! FIRST hybrid with Turtlespeed!

5 way with Smilingphoenix and 3 other cool guys:)
3 way with Smilingphoenix and Walt (we were chasing him all over the sky to practice being more aggressive getting to formations)

CReW with Walt (of course) Docked on eachother and flew a couple of bi-planes. Couldn't land it because it was too bumpy:(,,,,but we did make the dropzone!

First hybrid with a jumper named Kristy and Turtlespeed! Waaaaay cool...and there is video!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

No jumps, but lotsa firsts and a bunch of hugs. :)
First time in the Eloy wind tunnel (1.5 hours with Airspeed in two days, oh my aching body) B|

First time meeting Sartre (she invited me to stay with her in her room on the DZ even though we had never met before… she’s an awesome and brave lady!) :)
First time meeting Soulshine (never got to meet Kismet though) [:/]

First time meeting bbarnhouse (what an honor!) B|

And hugs from Rebecca, Josh, Doc, Craig, Eleana, Andy D, Andy H., Axel, LouDiamond, Daren, Freddy, Troy, Pete, Kelly and a slew of complete strangers… :)
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

:):17:0

13 at the keys boogie, VERY good time jumping with my girlfriend! lots of wingsuit flocks and sunset beach jumps. tammie got us on two beach jumps saturday, including a helicopter load (thanks to woody for the spot and bolas for the ride back to the airport)! then some tandems back home on sunday.

anyone who missed what may have been the last keys boogie, really missed out. the skydive sebastian crew put on a wonderful event! hopefully things will work out and it won't be the last!

blue skies,

art