lawrocket

Are farts funny?

My son, apparently, thinks that farts are funny. Burps, too. I think it's because his mom says, "Toot!" and laughs when he farts. So Conor is now saying, "Toot!" and laughing when he farts.

Same thing with burps, and I believe he has taught himself how to do it. In fact, a couple of days ago, he almost threw up from trying to burp. All right, even I thought that was funny - well, funnier than Conor did, though as of yesterday he was still practicing burps. He thinks it's funny when little Lauren farts and burps, too.

My wife thinks that most of this type of humor is funny. Her appreciation of this been passed on to my son. I, on the other hand, find it neither offensive nor particularly funny - more mundane.

I DO think that farts can be funny. The campfire scene in Blazing Saddles still makes me laugh - in fact, I can't watch a campfire scene in any movie and not laugh anymore. It was also nice having Conor around when a sudden burst occurred - we could blame farts on him. It was better than having a dog to blame them on.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The thread asks "Are farts funny?", but an answer of yes is expanded to include menstruation, urination, defecation, salivation, and sweating. :S

Blues,
Dave

Everyone knows those things are funny. I'm talking about farts, though.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

so the first time my youngest daughter farted...she giggled at it...which made her fart again...which made her laugh...and so on...

I was in tears and pain by the time she finished...we all thought it was very damn funny....

other times and settings...not so much...

Of course farts are funny. About 2 months after my husband and I met, I wrote him a poem dedicated to them.... It's in calligraphy and beautifully framed on his dresser still...

I think that I shall never see
a man so cute and yet so gassy.
Chili, steak, or blandest gruel
All will serve as intestinal fuel.
The grumbling crescendos with intent as
Vigorously he does ferment.
Bacteria working night and day to
Produce the odor or death's decay.
That monstrous toot will launch him fast
With those behind caught in the blast
Of bellowing fumes of brown and gray.
There's just too much to fan away.
Such stench to melt the densest stone
He clears the room and stands alone.
With a roaring sound that reaches ears
He even brings the dog to tears.
I love my Chad with all my heart
And thus this tribute to his fart.

2-7-2003

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

There should have also been another option that would read something like this:

Funny as hell except when it's winter, you're in a 182 going to full altitude, and Todd (L.O.) had Mexican the night before.

That is not funny. Breath taking and eye watering, yes. But funny, no.

Editted to add: Good advice...don't ever be on Todd's first jump of the day load, or at least plan to exit the plan by 7000'. 7500' is about when the "shit starts hitting the fan".

OF Course, they are funny. When Willem does it, I say, "Willem tootied." And he laughs and he tries to do it again. He laughs every single time and you can see him strain to try and get one more out.:D He does the same thing when he burps. He burps and then laughs and then imitates the sound of the burp and cracks himself up. This is at one year old. Great entertainment, let me tell ya.;)

Does anyone remember the scene from "10" when Dudley Moore goes back to the preachers house..When the little old lady Mrs. Kissel lets one rip the dog howls and runs out of the room. When asked what that was all about the preacher said whenever she breaks wind we beat the dog. Sounds like a few companys I have worked for.

I have never in my life even cracked a smile at a fart or burp. Body humor not funny to me.

My son has this game for the playstation called Crash. While waiting for the game to load, you can press various buttons to make THOSE noises. My son has learned not to do that with me around. :P

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?