ladyskydiver

What's the longest you have gone without a day off?

11 weeks straight working a machine startup a few years back. Starting at about 730, going till 5-8 then back to the apartment flop-house for several more hours of email, paperwork, punchlists, timesheets, etc. This was just the longest stretch of the many multi-week trips I had on that project.

And they wondered why we lost respect for their authority, became confrontational, and started having performance issues. Now they're down to a primarily H1-B indentured servitude engineering force that can't go anywhere else.

Realized last night that between work and school, I will be going 71 days before I get the pleasure of a day off. B|

How about you?

5 years, when i went back to school ahen i HAD to go away, so I went to a lunatic assyl;um, That's right I visited the USA for 3 months:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Define "day off"
If you mean a day with limited or no stress. Probably around 25 days.
Mind you Im counting lots of working, skydiving, partying, wrecking my car, and a family funeral.
but what ever way I look at it.
Im burnt out.

My longest work only run was 14, 12+hour days in June of 04. Underground utility construction for subdivisions. Ouch.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

well from about march until mid october i work monday thru friday and then i work at the dz sat and sunday, and my time off will be if i go to a boogie or something.

so i'm not sure if you can count going to the dz and working as a day off or not but that's how it is for me in the summer.

later

Probably law school. I never took more than a few hours off.

And Look at you now, Time well spent studying has proved invaluable here on the DZ.com boards;):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

7 years?!?! B|:SB| You poor thing!!! Do you at least enjoy what you were doing for those 7 years?

Oh...and yardhippie, by day off I mean day that you do not do work that you get paid for (i.e. your job) or have to attend classes. For example, those fun things that I've heard of called vacations and holidays. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I worked at a hospital. The last 6 months, I got off every 2nd Sunday (on call). 65-70 hrs a week.

People would come up to me and tell me really personal things and ask my opinion. Eventually, I discovered that my son told everyone that I was a doctor. I worked in a hospital, there ya go.

"What do think this is?"
"A... buttock?"
"You're not a doctor?"
"May...be."
:ph34r:

wait so Iguess people aren't including weekends.

wow.

oh by the way, I recently found a bunch of old mp3s of old blues tunes from the 1930s. Ledbelly & Big Bill Broonzy & so forth.

If I wanted to post them here, would I need to host my own website, or what?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

7 years?!?! You poor thing!!! Do you at least enjoy what you were doing for those 7 years?

I was trying to bring a software product to market while working contracting gigs in the city. It was a pretty stressful time in my life. Wouldn't want to do it again.
We are all engines of karma