PsychoBob

GFD, John, Tom, Brian and others that have "Gone Away"

I was listening to The Offspring's "Gone Away" at the gym today and it reminded me of Shannon, John O'Donnell, Tom Manship and Brian Schubert.

This has been a tough year for the skydiving and BASE community. I think everyone of us on this forum tries to live life to the fullest and looks for a thrill around every corner. We also know that same fun, adrenalin and excitement comes with a price. That price can be very expensive and painful but we hope that those who's lives we effect will accept it and not be angry.

We accept the fact that on any weekend it could be us, but that still doesn't fill the hole that is left in our heart when we lose someone we love. Just recently, a good friend of mine from SoCal TRACON lost his daughter in a auto accident. I can't imagine the pain he is going through.

As we go into the holiday season take a moment to say "thank you" for having the honor and privilege of knowing these wonderful people and for the happiness they brought us. But more important, say a prayer for their loved ones and family that will be missing them this season.

Maybe in another life
I could find you there
Pulled away before your time
I can’t deal it’s so unfair

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it feels
Yeah it feels like
The world has grown cold
Now that you’ve gone away

Leaving flowers on your grave
Show that I still care
But black roses and hail mary’s
Can’t bring back what’s taken from me
I reach to the sky
And call out your name
And if I could trade
I would

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I didn't know the people you speak of, but I have known people in the sport lost to accidents. I am proud to know them. I'm proud to know you and so many others. excellent post dude.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

***I'm proud to know you and so many others.

Same here Bro. Have a Great Thanksgiving but stay away from "The pickles".:P

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Wow, this captures what I was trying to tell you on the phone yesterday. This holiday season is going to be one of the hardest for me to get through and if I didn't have friends like you and so many others, I don't know what I would do. It would be so easy to lock myself in my room and be by myself...but that's not living and that's not being with the people and enjoying the moments that are here now. I turned my page on Myspace into a sort of remembrance/reflection page...all the photos were taken from this year...it's still a work in progress since this year is not over yet.

Myspace

***I'm proud to know you and so many others.

Same here Bro. Have a Great Thanksgiving but stay away from "The pickles".:P

You too dude and I think I'm safe from pickles as long as I don't pass out around you. :P

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Thanks Bob!

I was just thinking about Shannon yesterday (whenever I see a pink sunset, I believe it's Shannon playing in the sky) and I realized that next week will be 6 months.... Miss that girl soooo much!!!!

Much love to you all and to those we've lost.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

As we go into the holiday season take a moment to say "thank you" for having the honor and privilege of knowing these wonderful people and for the happiness they brought us. But more important, say a prayer for their loved ones and family that will be missing them this season.

I was just trying to put almost exactly that sentiment into a post in the "What are you thankful for" thread. I typed and backspaced through about 30 different sentences before deciding to stop and try again later. Reading your post, I now think I've got it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

As we go into the holiday season take a moment to say "thank you" for having the honor and privilege of knowing these wonderful people and for the happiness they brought us.

Beautiful. Thank you, sir.

If something ever happened to me, where ever that may be, I'd want people to know that their love and friendship made my heart soar.

Thanks again for a wonderful post, and :D to all we have loved and lost.

But more important, say a prayer for their loved ones and family that will be missing them this season.

I do. :(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Maybe in another life
I could find you there
Pulled away before your time
I can’t deal it’s so unfair

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it feels
Yeah it feels like
The world has grown cold

Leaving flowers on your grave
Show that I still care
But black roses and hail mary’s
Can’t bring back what’s taken from me
I reach to the sky
And call out your name
And if I could trade
I would

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold

5 years ago, my boyfriend at the time gave me a skydiving video he made with that song on it. He said it was one of his fav's. 2 months later, sadly he went in. Every time I hear it I look at the sky and think of him... and Shannon too.
See you friends on the other side.

I miss so many

Scotty Merchant (who went in when I was on my L7 of AFF and n2skydvn had to break the news when I was in Eloy..which is why he and my fam are so close)
Gus Wing (who teased me so much at Deland about my f'd up landings)
John ODonnell..who was my wonderful freefly friend and the pope at halloween who absolved me of all my future sins
Mark Foster who was the most amazing man who I've ever met...enough said
Krystal, who I'll never forget...I love and miss her so much..her future was so amazing and I can't believe she is gone.
Conway Hall...my best friend..seriously...he and I talked daily...and although he kicked my ass about my landings...he loved me and wanted to see me happy..

Bob, You know me & the wife are kinda new here, but.

I've been here long enough to know what they mean when they say.. "Good People" .

You are truly that and more.

Glad to call you a friend .

Thank you for a great post.

Don & Jean.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Sometimes there are no people so precious as the ones we've lost. We hear pretty truisms about "death is a part of life", and it is, but nothing ever prepares us for the loss, even when we're expecting it. As skydivers, we do, or will, know a lot more people we've lost than most people. For some of us it will finally hurt so much that we'll leave this sport, and for those of those who do, or will, that's alright too. And for some of us who are younger, these may be our first close up experiences with losing anyone.

I've known probably two dozen people or more who have died in this sport alone, along with friends who have died in auto or motorcycle accidents, two who were murdered, and one brother who died of cancer at 35. My parents are both close to 80 and hanging in there, I worry sometimes about my wife's health, and thanks be to God our two daughters are well and enjoying life.

What was the prayer in that film, "The Village" ? I think it was "We are grateful for the time we have." Be thankful for all the living friends, lovers, spouses, and family we have, and TELL THEM, while we're all here.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody, with a lot of love.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !