simplyputsi

What was your WTF gift?

You know the gift you open and are like ummmm ok thanks.
Mine was a rechargable handheld spotlight.
Now now don't get me wrong I am happy to get any gift, but I was like why did my parents get me this.

I will use it, probably on the boat at night, but thought it an odd gift.

Oh and GIA just to let you know I still have your airplane:P
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I didn't get any of those this year!!! :)
I didn't get much of anything, but what I did get totally rocked and was completely awesome.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

For me, it was two gifts that I had no expectation of getting. I had discussed not exchanging gifts, but the givers didn't listen. The cool part is that they were both simple items I could use and I really appreciate having. The unexpected gifts are the most meaningful to me.:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

No WTF gifts this year, but one year my brother gave me a water purification system. I am not at all the type to go on long outdoor adventures where such a thing would be useful. It has been sitting in a closet ever since - I might have finally donated it to charity...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

No WTF gifts this year, but one year my brother gave me a water purification system. I am not at all the type to go on long outdoor adventures where such a thing would be useful. It has been sitting in a closet ever since - I might have finally donated it to charity...

:S:S:S WTF! you don't like fresh tasty water when there is not any clean water to be had?

That was a VERY good gift.

I got a pair of chandelier earrings from my SO's mom that look like fishing hooks.:| I opened them and she said, "I saw these and thought that if anyone could pull them off, it would be you!":| WTF does that mean!!??

Can anyone say, "Regift??"
Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Within a week of donating it to charity, a big earthquake will hit. Dontcha just know it...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Within a week of donating it to charity, a big earthquake will hit. Dontcha just know it...

Truer words were never spoken:|

Okay, okay, I get the point ... someday, MAYBE I will need it. I probably do have it somewhere. But ... when he gave it to me, I didn't live in earthquake country ... I didn't live in a part of the country that was prone to any sort of natural disasters.

I usually buy what I need or want during the year, so a lot of gifts are items I do not need. So this year I tried something different. I told family and friends to either give me non perishable food items, unwanted clothing or sleeping bags or just cash.
I took a drive to a downtown shelter on Christmas Eve to deliver these items. Along the way I saw a family with their young children in the worst part of town giving out food. I thought to myself, those kids are going to be pretty grounded individuals when they grow up.
This Christmas meant more to me than any other I can think of.

Okay. Are you going to let us in on your little secret?

There is no little secret...I posted what I got in the other thread. Not really anything special other then the fact I spend time with my family. Which doesn't happen all that often.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I didn't get anything like that this year... but one year my cousin gave me a Extreme Jenga and a can of Spam... now don't get me wrong I like the game Jenga just fine... but I've never actually played the Extreme Jenga game that I got from her... (I think that was three years ago...)

the Spam was regifted and passed on a few years later... I don't know where it is now... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

It's not a WTF, gift, but more like a "Holy Shit, you got me that!!!", gift. A $300 commercial grade waffle maker. We've only been going out for a month.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You know the gift you open and are like ummmm ok thanks.
Mine was a rechargable handheld spotlight.
Now now don't get me wrong I am happy to get any gift, but I was like why did my parents get me this.

I will use it, probably on the boat at night, but thought it an odd gift.

If it's something you'll use, I don't understand why it's a WTF gift. What would have been more suitable?

Personally, I didn't get any gift from my parents. When I have in the past, it's been something like an ice scraper or once I got a check that bounced. I'd rather receive nothing, actually. It used to hurt me that they don't bother with my daughter, but it's always been that way. They are who they are. And that's why I live several states away from them.;)