simplyputsi

What was your WTF gift?

Cool... though I'm a sucker for the old-fashioned waffle maker from GE. I grew up with this specific kind that makes rectangular waffles that you can split in 4 pieces. Then shortly after I bought my house, my wife and I went to a garage sale just down the street and what did we find? Exactly the same model! Looked like new too... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nothing this year like that, but two years ago my parents gave me one of those HUGE oversized remote control H2's from Wal-Mart. It was an interesting gift that really should have been returned. But they were very excited to give it to me...it was odd.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Several years ago I got the EpiLady. If anyone remembers it, it was like the Zen Torture Camp version of leg hair removal B|:|

Another year I got a coconut with engravings to make it look like a face:S...it was re-gifted at the next Dirty Santa Party:ph34r:

This year mom-in-law gave us a "misting fountain".Some stupid little table top center peice thing thats supposed to "set the mood" with mist floating out of it and soft different colored lights.I guess its like a modern day lava lamp LOL. (I'd rather have the lava lamp than this thing).

I dont know what she was thinking b/c we have 5 cats and a dog.Anything resembling a bowl filled with water is going end up either something the animals will drink out of,knock over and break or play in.Or maybe she was just trying to give the pets a sauna hell I dont know.:S

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Ginny and I received a couple of WTF gifts this year, both from her parents.

A "Family Guy" set of dominos. I don't think I've played dominos since 4th grade, it's not a children's game just not something I'm into. Also, "Snow Dogs" on DVD starring the charming Cuba Gooding Jr.:S

The highlight gifts for me were the Blu-Ray movies.

Mission Impossible: III
Full Metal Jacket (Just watched that yesterday)
The Unforgiven

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

My mother in law gave me a red snakeskin portable jewelry case.

I never wear jewelry.

:|

Brie

That just cracked me up!!
My all time favorite gift from my mother-in-law was a hot plate, still in the original box that had Mr Kilowatt on it!! (#2 was a metalic gold scarf)
:D:D:D