jumpchikk

What do you consider a relationship??

--What's your phone call frequency? Are you on a daily?

No. Semi-daily. Four or five times a week.

--What about Saturday nights? Do you have to ask her out, or is a date implied?

Implied.

--She got anything in your medicine cabinet?

There might be some moisturizer.

--Ah hah. Let me ask you this. Is there any tampax in your house?

Yeah.

--Well, I'll tell you what you've got here.

What?

--You got yourself a girlfriend.

When do you decide it's time to check the "In a Relationshp" box on Myspace or change your status from single to taken?

When you both have communicated to each other about the status of your relationship. Anything less, you'll probably weird them out. . .unless she already banged up your car. Then it's a relationship!!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

When you aren't interested in anyone else other than the person you want to be in a relationship with? That's when you check the "In the Relationship" box?

Why would you want people to know you are in a relationship? For me, it's to tell all others to back off. If I want to allow women to entertain the possibility of being with me, then I will indicate that I'm not in a relationship. If I want to lay the groundrules (i.e., "I'm taken") then I say I'm in a relationship.

Perhaps I'm just a little more old fashioned. I don't play games. Never have.

That can't possibly be old-fashioned, because I agree. :P:D I consider myself "in a relationship" when the lucky lady and I agree to be exclusive. Of course, like love, it's a good sign if it's perceived in the absence of words, rather than said without being felt. In either case, the purpose of communicating that status is (or should be) to avoid misunderstandings by persons not party to the relationship.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I once had the following exchange with my friend Ron:

Me: "Man, I don't want another relationship! They're just too complicated. All I want is regular sex."

Ron, (looking me sternly in the eye): "Bob, to women, that is a relationship!"
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I think it's more what your feelings are towards that person than anything else, your heart will tell you that you're in a relationship, who cares what everyone else thinks;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

When someone that is stalking you tells you that you are in a relationship!:o:):P;)

You get that a lot mike:D Dude, i have been down deland the past few months where you been?
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

down once a month shooting the bob hollar bigway stuff..great fun. Next be there jan 13th/14th-16th hehe i am demoing the katana 135 at the moment just cant get enough. Had to do a 2 day visit this week to get some air time
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

However, it may be a good idea to talk to that person or group first - otherwise they might just think the wrong idea.

Yes, this is where I'm getting to. How many people just assume that they are in a relationship after something has taken place with a certain person, ie. sex, several dates, meeting family, etc... or it doesn't even have to be that involved. I know people can get emotionally and mentally involved with someone without ever meeting them, but do people consider that a relationship also?

Ive done the online thing where we talked and feelings developed and what not. In the end it didnt work becasue people online one show the side they want you to see...so the "developing feelings while never meeting" i think is not true feelings...just speaking from my experiance. I changed mine on myspace the day i met my gf's mom and she told me welcome to the family. I think that was a pretty good give in that we are dating exclusively...lol
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

--What's your phone call frequency? Are you on a daily?

No. Semi-daily. Four or five times a week.

--What about Saturday nights? Do you have to ask her out, or is a date implied?

Implied.

--She got anything in your medicine cabinet?

There might be some moisturizer.

--Ah hah. Let me ask you this. Is there any tampax in your house?

Yeah.

--Well, I'll tell you what you've got here.

What?

--You got yourself a girlfriend.

I know a Seinfeld fan when I see one. Nice Quote
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Hmmm.

It seems that you might be concerned that a person would get the wrong idea and think it was "them" that caused the box to be clicked . . . OR . . . Someone clicked the box and now has you concerned that they may be up for the stalker of the year award any day now.

This has nothing to do with me whatsoever. Yes, I have thought about it in the past, but no not I. I'm just interested in what people honestly think and feel.

Ya gotta love these 3rd party threads.;):P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

When do you decide it's time to check the "In a Relationshp" box on Myspace or change your status from single to taken?

The danger is not in choosing the wrong answer; the danger is in asking the question. This dilemma is another of the made-up, bullshit problems twenty-first century western culture has created to fill the void left by all those real problems we no longer face. Somehow I doubt any of my great-grandparents ever struggled with an internal dialogue over whether or not they were in a relationship. Of course, back then it wasn't the norm to date two or three people at the same time; you didn't have to be with someone for a year before you dared refer to him or her as your boyfriend or girlfriend; "talking to somebody" simply meant you were conversing orally with another person; and "hanging out" was what you did to laundry. In those simple times, people didn't have problems like "Do you think I scared him by calling it a 'relationship?'"--They were too busy trying to make it through the Great Depression without getting polio.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

When I can wake up in the morning with a certain transplanted Tennessee lady by my side and make breakfast for her.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

ummm...bullshit!
It's a relationship when the sex tapers off.....[:/]

As my dad said "If a man wants to stop getting laid, get married."

and Leslie...if you're looking for someone to check your box, I'm sure we can start a sign up sheet this weekend...!B|:P

This is a great thread!

I think you gotta talk about it. Unless you at least bounce it off each other, I would never check the "taken" box. To me, it's simple.... If you don't, then anything is fair game, and before that point you are flirting, not really dating.

When you buy her Tampons

If this happens early in the relationship, I take it as a serious warning sign, red flag, et cetera. Granted I'm more conservative than most, but I've seen too many bimbos use this as a way to assert feminity in kind of a creepy way. I wouldn't dump her right there, but I would look at the situation carefully.
=========Shaun ==========