pash

I plan on doing something stupid. Only skydivers may respond

So I did something stupid. I was able to get away with it and anyway I know a person that said it was okay.

My question is: is it okay to continue being stupid? You can flame away all you want but unless you're a real skydiver I'm not listening to you.

Oh, and all you annoying "do a search" people out there - i DID do a search but too many hits on the word "stupid" came up for me to waste my time looking through them. I'm certain MY stupid is original anyway.

thanks,

Jason

"Stupid is as stupid does."

That's all I've got on this one. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I think you should post this on rockclimbing.com I think you'll have an easier time of finding "real skydivers"

duh... :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

1) Your stupid idea is not original. Somebody somewhere has already done it. Guaranteed.

2) You have to consider the risks/repercussions of getting busted and the reward of not. If you are smart enough to either not get busted or get out of it without major repercussion, you should definitely do it. If not, it really comes down to what you're getting out of it for the odds that you're fucked.
This ad space for sale.

I don't think any of us can judge if what your going to do is stupid if you won't tell us what you plan on doing.

but personally I don't have a problem with it... as long as you don't hurt anyone else in the process.

btw: I don't think skydiving is stupid... but there are certainly people that do...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

That is what my 13 year old son said to me one morning;) looking at my bloodied body from the night before. It involved a bottle of ta-kill-ya and a gas powered skateboard scooter
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

You can flame away all you want but unless you're a real skydiver I'm not listening to you.

there are no real skydivers here :P

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

If you won't tell us what you did, or what you intend to do again, then I have no choice but to create a list of speculations:

Did you perhaps . . . .

1. Have sex with a farm animal? Domesticated?

2. Carry a beer in your jumpsiut on a sunset cross-country load?

3. Smoke a fat greenie before a sunset cross-country load?

4. Sleep with your wife's sister/brother/uncle?

5. Share a condom with another dude?

6. Fake some entries in your logbook?

7. Give a pilot the ol' reacharound?

8. Pee downwind while under canopy?

9. Perform a 90mph wheelie next to a bus load of junior high girls?

10. Steal some high-quality threads from Abercrombie & Bitch?

To answer your question, it is ok to continue doing stupid stuff as long as you aren't putting someone else in jeapordy or making skydivers or Americans look bad, and are cool with living in constant denial.

I've heard the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." By this definition, you certainly aren't insane, but try not to let yourself be mistaken for a complete moron. I'd also caution you against taking the word of who ever said it was ok.

Let's not forget the lesson we learned from Obi-Wan Kenobi.;)

Good luck - you'll need it.
T.I.N.S.

I think they are talking about flying a 120 Stiletto at a 1.6 WL with only 75 jumps!

With, or without an RSL?

A 120 Stiletto at a 1.6 WL with only 75 jumps???

Don't think an RSL will really matter... :S

Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

I think I got troll poo on my good mousin' hand.

I wish I'd known about this Stiletto business before I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, we'd all be very understanding if you couldn't resist having one off with a sheep, but a Stiletto with a 1.6:1 wingload?

I salute you and your balls, sir, which I'm sure are as big as church bells.
T.I.N.S.

So I did something stupid. I was able to get away with it and anyway I know a person that said it was okay.

My question is: is it okay to continue being stupid? You can flame away all you want but unless you're a real skydiver I'm not listening to you.

Oh, and all you annoying "do a search" people out there - i DID do a search but too many hits on the word "stupid" came up for me to waste my time looking through them. I'm certain MY stupid is original anyway.

thanks,

Jason

Few things are truly stupid . . .

1) Hook Low and Flare Late pretty much takes the cake.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

thanks,

Jason

Yes... But only if there is a camera around to record your stupidity for our amusement.