Johnsisland

Maximum number of skydivers have you seen in a Cessna 182?

Several times I have been the only jumper in my pilot's 206. Free early bird if you are there before 7, and apparently we have a bunch of rich and lazy jumpers. Personally I will walk barefoot over coals at 6:30 for a free jump with a sunrise. :D

On the flip side every time I have been in a 182 with four people I started to have a panic atack. ;);)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

You are missing out... exiting from that strut is a trip. I only have a couple of 182 jumps but they were a blast. Especially the one time that I climbed out way to early and had to crouch down and wait. :$
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I've been the only one from 4000 to 14000 in a Twin otter, 1st load in a sunday mornig at ZHills some SOPs guys were HnPin from 4K so they (6 of them) paid for the plane to go to height and they all got out at 4K, I was by myself all the way to the top, that was friggin wierd:ph34r::ph34r: I kept sliding on the floor:D:D

My tandem was done out of a twin otter...and that load had 18 plus the pilot. Being that this was my first jump..i cant even picture jumping out of a small azz cessna....lol
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Years ago when gas was cheaper we did a 16-way out of 2 C-182s and a C180. The 180 still beat the 182-s to altitude, and we turned points too. There had been 8-ways out of U-206s too . We did a 4-way out of a C-170 no seat and a regular door from 7000 in the winter.. All things are possible if you have enough crazies to try it

I saw a post about fears, claustrophobia and and Cessna 182's.

Just curious what everybody has seen loaded in a 182. I "overhead" a discussion between to skydivers, one of whom said they had five people plus the pilot, the other said four plus pilot on said load.

The instructor was kneeling aft of the person sitting next to the pilot, leaning forward on takeoff.

J

At the Haloween boogie in Atlanta, it was said that there might have been an 8-way team with video that had a 182, granted it was a wide body.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

IIRC, the only restricting factors on the # of ppl in a 182 are GTOW, W/B, and available seat belts...

But the pilot cramming so many pax into a 182 is necessarily shorting himself on fuel, and is gambling with safety.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

IIRC, the only restricting factors on the # of ppl in a 182 are GTOW, W/B, and available seat belts...

But the pilot cramming so many pax into a 182 is necessarily shorting himself on fuel, and is gambling with safety.

:D

Great response!

:D:D:D

All we need is some more blue midgets and HEY - we have the green light!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've heard more than one pilot tell me, "If you can fit them in the plane, a 182 will be able to take off and fly with them."
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.