sangiro

Bombing Utah?

Definitely a plane, a DC-9 or B-727 maybe?

Is there a boogie with a jump-jet we don't know about? :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Except for the exceptionally long fuselage, it initially looked a bit like an ALCM (AGM-86B). But it would be HUGE AGM, and not even the ACM was that big.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

That reminds me, how do people find this stuff? I mean, it's a seemingly random location, over the desert, in the middle of nowhere Utah...:)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

That reminds me, how do people find this stuff? I mean, it's a seemingly random location, over the desert, in the middle of nowhere Utah...:)

if you zoom out, you can see a contrail - looks like it was a coinkydink...
Scars remind us that the past is real

...or is this just a "stray bullet" from some other war? :S

That's not the nastiest thing our Defense Dept has in Utah--Dugway Proving Grounds is the US DoD's Chemical Weapon Defense testing grounds. They test the chem protective gear there...So naturally, they need samples of the slime for real no-kidding tests...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Look closely, it's an airplane with its wings painted black. (Or maybe you saw that and just wanted to joke B|)

I saw the wings. Liked the illusion though. ;)

So this is how you spend your time? Man, I thought I was a bit geeky scanning the NTSB website endlessly.

Seek help HH. Just friendly advice man. B|

I wonder what he is(was) up to, he seems to only be at 6500-7500 ft...

Looks like he's setting up to land in SLC.

It took me a little while to figure out what that was. I've been to that little town to the east before, so I was trying to think of what's in that area that might look like that. :S

I had to look closely, and yeah, he probably is going to SLC.

Otherwise I would have thought it was a missile test over a testing range. There's a few of those areas out there.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...or is this just a "stray bullet" from some other war? :S

Google has measuring tools, use them.

The source data is from a satellite so it is a legitimate measurement. The aircraft is > 100ft long and has a wingspan over 70 ft. It is clearly not a missile. The wings and enpenage are black but clearly visible in the image if you look

Edit: I guess you've seen them from the followup.

I had to look closely, and yeah, he probably is going to SLC.

Otherwise I would have thought it was a missile test over a testing range. There's a few of those areas out there.

Being the geek I am, I looked at it really closely. He appears to be on Jetway J-11 between the Bryce Canyon and Fairfield VORs. This means that he is not on a standard terminal arrival into SLC. The JAMMN FOUR arrival, Bryce Canyon transition runs close to where he's at, but he'd be about 10 miles to the west. It's still possible that he is going to SLC though, he could be following a non standard arrival procedure, or have been instructed to proceed direct via J-11 by ATC.