karenmeal

I got a ticket!

I'm not a speeder.. but today I got a ticket. I had a clean record up until this! I thought that the speed limit was 25 in the school zone I was driving through, turns out it was 20. I got clocked at 29 (yeah I know, hardcore) but my speedometer said 27.

And the reason I was going even a little fast in a school zone....

I had to pee.:( By the time the cop was done writing my ticket I was about ready to pee my pants!

I really don't need a $177 speed ticket right now.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

1st Offense: Go to traffic school. Should be no points.

You could get a lawyer though and let them deal with it. I went from a reckless driving ticket to a defective equipment (no points). :)
Don't just pay, at least go to court so they don't make money on you. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

as one said already..you can get a lawyer. If you really believe that your speedo read 27..then maybe his gun wasnt properly caliberated..or worse wasnt calibrated at all. I havent done it but i know several people that have gotten out of tickets...knowing clearly that they were guilty...but their lawyer asked to see the gun calibration log..and most of the cases it was weeks since they were calibrated last. If not calibrated..obviously it will have false readings..therefore voiding the ticket....if its really that important to you that is :)

Edited to add: Police traffic radar guns are SUPPOSED to be calebrated after EVERY shift change!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Um it's ok. I got pulled 2x this weekend. Got off once w. a warning (64 in 45), then got pulled doing 77 in 55 or something =( and had alcohol in car (apparently if youre over 18 and under 21, its still illegal to have unopened alcohol....) but only got $128 careless operations ticket =)

How many points on your license do you start out w.?

And how do you get them bacK????

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-

1st Offense: Go to traffic school. Should be no points.

No traffic school in WA state.

Don't just pay, at least go to court so they don't make money on you. [:/]

Yeah, definitely go to court. I have had a ticket (or 2 :$) thrown out due to circumstances when I went to court.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm not a speeder.. but today I got a ticket. I had a clean record up until this! I thought that the speed limit was 25 in the school zone I was driving through, turns out it was 20. I got clocked at 29 (yeah I know, hardcore) but my speedometer said 27.

And the reason I was going even a little fast in a school zone....

I had to pee.:( By the time the cop was done writing my ticket I was about ready to pee my pants!

I really don't need a $177 speed ticket right now.

I'm not sure how it works in the States but up here, you can dispute your ticket by going to court on a set date (it's on the ticket). IF the Officer that ticketed you doesn't appear with you, they quash the ticket (in most cases). No demerits, no money paid. You're free and clear. AND, radar can be wrong!

Fight it if you can. It's only time spent waiting to appear. Could be worth it!

Good luck!

:)
'Shell

I don't know how they clocked me..

I think I will go to court and just be honest. Maybe they will take pity on me being a poor college student since I have a clean record otherwise.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I went to court today to fight my first ever speeding ticket. 60 in a 35 according to the officer (BS). I showed up 45 minutes early and there were already about 200 people in line outside the courthouse. This number increased to 1700 by the time they opened the doors. Luckily it only took me about an hour to get in to talk to the DA who agreed to drop the charges if I took a traffic school.
What BS. Good luck with yours. They should have some mercy on you considering it's your first offense.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I got pulled over for 69 in a 55 the other day but I didn't get a ticket. :)
It was a 4-lane highway with not much around, I really didn't think it was only 55.

Funny thing is, I didn't even try to get out of the ticket -- he just let me off.

Maybe he has a soft spot for redheads, who knows!

About a month ago, I got pulled over on the freeway here by a Highway Patrol officer on my bike. I had crossed 4 lanes to the HOV lane in one move. There was a hole in the traffic and I just twisted the trottle and moved to the left. When I saw his lights in the mirror, I was up to 80 in a 65. I carefully pulled right through the lanes. He said I needed to travel at least 100 feet in a lane before changing, and he noted that by the time he got behind me, I had 'picked it up quite a bit'. Guy was major cool, I told him that I knew I was above the speed limit a bit, but didn't want to get run over. He let me off with a warning. I think he rode too, because he was asking about some of the modifications I have on my bike.
Next day, I was on a 4 lane city street and got pulled over by a MC cop doing 55 in a 40. He said I was doing 55 and showed me the tail tale on the gun. I just said, "If you say I was going that fast, I guess I was, but I didn't think I was." The guy let me off with a verbal warning! I was fully prepared for a ticket. I know he rides too, because he told me about his 2004 Road King and even said he had seen me in December on a toy run.
After those two days, I figured I had used all of my get of of jail cards so I have been taking it pretty easy since.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

Nice shades!

You look quite intent on speeding.:P

i do look abnormally pissed in that photo... maybe it was because the white van taking the photos was parked on the side of the road where no parked cars are and everyone had to swerve around it to miss hitting it! as soon as i passed it i realized what had just happened and looked at my speed and thought, hmmm... 30 in a 25, i'm cool, no ticket for that, right?. 2 weeks later, that shows up in the mail! apparently there's a school somewhere around there and the speed limit is 20 from 6am to 9pm! i still don't know where that school is though? seriously!

[rant]
I hate school zones where they just list the times of the lower speed. I'm supposed to read the sign, the times the lower speed applies, take my eyes off the road to check my time, compare the two, and then change my speed? By that time I'm just about through the damn thing. :S

If they're too cheap to put up lights that flash on a timer, they shouldn't bother. >:(
[/rant]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

$177.00 ticket for driving at 29 m/hr....only in US..... that's ridiculous!

I'm sorry about that......sucks!

the highest one I got was $288.00...but I was around 90's....just like everybody else......but that day I was the "lucky one" :S
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)