Taikoen

Unbelievable Luck

I posted a thread about my new car last week (with pictures). As my luck would have it, some woman pulled out in front of me less than one week after I bought the car. I've attached pictures of how it looks now (not that pretty). No one was injured besides a few scrapes, bruises, and my seatbelt soreness.

Judging by this luck, I shouldn't ever buy new gear because it'd get wrecked in less than a week (and wrecking while skydiving is very bad). That, or since I've now been in an car accident I don't have to worry about being in a skydiving accident :P I wish statistics worked that way.

This is a tragic end to a beautiful, brand new car with less than 300 miles. At least it's entirely the other driver's fault for failure to yield to oncoming traffic.

Judging by this luck, I shouldn't ever buy new gear because it'd get wrecked in less than a week

Also, never buy a new toothbrush because you'll drop it in the toilet. Never date another girl because your best friend will sleep with her. And for god's sake, never, EVER, wipe your ass, because you WILL shit again within a week.

Ohhhh, man!! It was sooooo pretty. I'm glad there were only minor injuries.

I probably would have contributed to more major injuries after the accident....(verbal / mental / etc.)

That is a shame, but it's better that you weren't hurt! Hang in there. [:/]
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

A friend of mine told me his fiancee's mom had a wreck in her new 1 week old car last week. Don't know the particulars but the drivers' airbag did not deploy like it was supposed to. B| Busted up her face pretty good, but she's home.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

1 week ago some1 rear ended me in my new mustang, spent about three days in the shop, good as new. Sucks to have to go through that process though. Looks like you might be suffering from whiplash:ph34r:
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

Damn... That is NOT pretty. :S I hope you had GAP insurance on it. Even though it was her fault, her insurance company will only give you fair market value... Good luck... [:/]

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Damn... That is NOT pretty. :S I hope you had GAP insurance on it. Even though it was her fault, her insurance company will only give you fair market value... Good luck... [:/]

Fair market value on a vehicle with only 300 miles on it had better be new value. Of course leave it to an insuance company to try to deduct 300 miles worth of value from a new car. >:(

Fair market value on a vehicle with only 300 miles on it had better be new value.

drive any car off the lot.. You just threw atleast $2,000 to $3,000 out the window.

It wasnt a "new" car, It was a Used Car. 1 mile or 1,000 miles.. Insurance will see it as Used and worth less than a "New" car.:S

Fair market value on a vehicle with only 300 miles on it had better be new value. Of course leave it to an insuance company to try to deduct 300 miles worth of value from a new car. >:(

They will repair the car, that is not a total loss... not even close.

Glad your OK.

Did you get the GAP insurance? How much are they taking care of for you?

I had planned on posting pics of my new jeep on here but that seems to be bad luck so i'm just going to sit quietly in the corner.
As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

Maybe it was good luck. New cars are statistically safer than old cars. If you were driving your old car that was 10 years older, you might have been hurt, or hurt the other driver. As long as insurance pays for everything, you might have been lucky.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Judging by this luck, I shouldn't ever buy new gear because it'd get wrecked in less than a week

Also, never buy a new toothbrush because you'll drop it in the toilet. Never date another girl because your best friend will sleep with her. And for god's sake, never, EVER, wipe your ass, because you WILL shit again within a week.

And never skydive, because you'll only have to buy a new jump ticket to get back up. You'd probably also have to pack your canopy.

Well, the sight of your car almost brings tears to my eyes. I do hope you had good insurance, and that it wasn't your bad driving that caused the accident.

It's not luck, it's people who make mistakes. And sometimes the person making the mistakes are not you. That's the way it is. Life is hard but the ground is harder.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

They made 1200 Sky Turbos in 2007, the first year the turbo version of this car was made. They didn't actually start shipping the Turbos (Red Line, same thing) until December. So it's been 5 months, and I'm the first guy to ever wreck one. Since Saturn dealerships typically don't have body shops, there are apparently very few people who know how much it will cost to fix my car. Combine that with Saturn not having groups of part for this leads to the damage evaluators having to list each part and the service/labor charge associated with it manually. Initial damage estimates are at $20,000 right now.

And yes, I did have GAP insurance, but seeing as how the accident wasn't my fault I have two possibilities. Most likely the car is totaled, and I'll get a check for what I gave the dealership for the car to pay off the auto loan. Then, it's like I never bought the car. The other option is that the car gets repaired (and I'm stuck in a rental for a couple months since they have to rebuild the frame) and I trade the car in when I buy a new one. Once the car is repaired I can file a diminished value claim with the other party's insurance company that basically does the same thing the GAP insurance would do - pay the difference between what I paid for it and what it's worth after the accident.

I thought I was going to be screwed since there are so few of the cars made, and they're made to order but I've become somewhat of a local celebrity with the Saturn dealerships in the DFW area and Sky drivers that have seen the car. They've told me that I'll get another one built the same as the one I lost when the next couple of shipments come. Some other owner may have had their order "delayed" in the process, but at least I'll be happy with my second first new car :P