spinmedic

what happened on your 666th jump?

ok, here's the question.

did anything bad happen on your 666th jump? or, am i the only one?

here's what happened.........i had a really hard opening, followed by a spinning mal.......no cut away, but in the process i had an "accident" :S

any other stories out there?
when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar........................ you might as well get a damn cookie!

Here's what I want to know. Did you realize that it was Jump 666 before going up? or did you notice it after?

I've never thought about it before. Now I'm going to be paranoid. :D

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

i knew it was the 666, and all i did was joke about it before i went up. that'll teach me to poke fun at god! ;)

and yes, laugh it up guys!

when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar........................ you might as well get a damn cookie!

My number is 111 (or 1111). I see it all the time and chose this name for myself years ago. Last November at the Keys Boogie I knew I had just done my 666th jump so I pulled it up in my Neptune to show somebody. Lo and behold, the date was 11/10, and the jump (666) had been made at 11:11am.

11/10
11:11

:o

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Anyway, if you're doing head down on jump #999, it's an evil jump too.

And #333 is half evil: you'll probably lose one toggle or something.

:D:D:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

ok, here's the question.

did anything bad happen on your 666th jump? or, am i the only one?

here's what happened.........i had a really hard opening, followed by a spinning mal.......no cut away, but in the process i had an "accident" :S

any other stories out there?

Dude, when L-Belle told me that story, and after I knew you were okay, I laughed my ASS off. THAT would have been one for the film festival! :P

Did you have to burn those panties? :D
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Yea, it was Firday the 13th and everyone was giving me shit about it. We climbed on the plane, a flying crate of a D-18, the left engine caught on fire as we were taxi'n, the pilot gunned it and drove into a big mud puddle on the grass strip to put it out instead of stopping. We took off trying to out run a thunderstorm and flew around this big building thunderhead in and out of the rain and clouds with a non comm non inst rated pilot at the wheel.

As we popped out of the tops of the clouds at 12 and climed looking for a hole, my main pin got pulled during a pin check and the bag fell out of the tray, so we did some in air rigging. We found a hole and I was jamed at the front of the door next to the door, as we launched a 6-way my hacky got pinched in the track of the door and I had an instance canopy out the door it smacked the shit out of me and it was spining fast as hell till I got the breaks unstowed. As I did I found I was left with a right brake toggle and 6 inch of line in my hand, it
broke six lines, the right control line, two outboard stab lines the right two outer lines on the front riser and a inboard c line.

So there I was @ 12.8 with a really fucked up but flying main, thunderstorms all around and a cast on my broken left arm. I flew around and did some rear riser flairs and as I watched the right side roll under each time I did it, I was thinking now what and how am I going to land this. I didn't want to cutway at 11K and lose my main and freebag.

Well I flew around turning left the whole way down to 2k, I decided I couldn't run fast enough to land without a flair and I couldn't use the rears without the right side folding under, so I cutaway.

I tried to spot my main for an open area, and wouldn't you know it, it landed in the top of a really tall tree, where it stayed for two months because no one could climb that high or out on the thin braches to get it and farmer Mcnasty wasn't going to let us drive a bucket truck on his land or cut the tree to get it, the wind did blow it down, but it was trashed.

On my reserve landing, having not used this canopy before I biffed in and twisted the shit out of my ankle and fell on my right arm trying to keep from hurting my left arm already in a cast and well, I broke my right arm.

With all that I wasn't even on the DZ and was out in a cow pasture about a mile and half from the LZ and those 5 other guys who watch me get dumped out a 12.9 didn't bother to see where I landed, so no ride, no help for my injuries, I had to get my shit together and walk out as well as try to climb over two barb wire fences.....:S

Moral of the story is don't do your 666 jump on Friday the 13th.:P

But hey at least I didn't shit my shorts.......:D:D:D

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Moral of the story is don't do your 666 jump on Friday the 13th.:P

So other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show?:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.