TrophyHusband

best way to remove spyware?

i used spybot and it got rid of most of my problems, but i still have a problem with fake alerts that show problems that can be fixed if i download "spycrush" these things are highly annoying and the people who create them should have their human rights roundly violated.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

i used spybot and it got rid of most of my problems, but i still have a problem with fake alerts that show problems that can be fixed if i download "spycrush" these things are highly annoying and the people who create them should have their human rights roundly violated.

We definitely need stricter laws on spyware. Some consequences that pack a punch would help enforce.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

best way to remove spyware?
--------------
Sledge Hammer!B|

Adaware http://lavasoftusa.com/ Works pretty well too. Removes most annoyances.

Failing that, I too, would recommend the sledgehammer, or simply accelleration. By throwing the damn thing out the window.

Reinstallation also does the trick.

;)
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Seriously so does going into spyware controls/adjustments & reset them accordingly after you have determined, which running program(s) they tend to, pop up interfere which, most frequently.>:(
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Seriously so does going into spyware controls/adjustments & reset them accordingly after you have determined, which running program(s) they tend to, pop up interfere which, most frequently.>:(

Some of them can be turned off in that way, others are more stubborn, and requires registry hacking. I think there was one called winantivirus pro that was really difficult (registry), and Pestcapture was also pretty hard to get rid of (Spybot search & Destroy got that for me).

In some cases, the computer is so contaminated that the smartest and most efficient way of getting rid of them is reformatting and reinstalling OS.

"spycrush"

That's new to me!

I see a lot of these things. I think I'll write down all the names and make a collection.

I miss the "kill" command in Windows. Task manager doesn't always do the trick. If there's a process that I don't like, I just squish it under my thumb. That's "kill". I like that.

Quit using IE for your browser. It is like screaming "Game On". Download Firefox from Mozilla.

Yep. I have had zero problems with adware or spyware since starting to use Firefox. Also consider switching to Thunderbird, also free from mozilla for email.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

You may want to try AVG it is an anti-spy-ware, anti-virus, firewall that works very very well. It is a free download and if you have the money you can get the pro-version that is a very good program that does just about anything you would want it to do. The URL for it is http://free.grisoft.com/doc/28415/lng/us/tpl/v5
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

Buy a computer from Apple.

So, that will fix the spyware problem in his PC ? :S

Yep!
Buy the Mac, trash the PC. Problem solved!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239