iluvtofly

Back in the dating world....

Had to delete two posts after reading more background on your situation. Hope you didn't bring any kids into the world. Does the word "vows" mean anything to you.

Re: Dating. There's lots of guys that will gladly pass you around. Enjoy!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2836231#2836231

No kidding, the guy is on deployment, comes 'home' for two weeks to get hit with this crap. He's better off now w/o her IMHO. :S

~ "Pack Fast, Pull Low... and Date Your Riggers WIFE!" ~

No one knows all the reasons why you and your husband have decided to separate. There have been a lot of honest to the point comments and I think they are all justified and agree with them. From reading what you have posted I would think you would take the time to heel instead of rushing right back into the same situation you are trying to get out of.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Not saying that I have experience with this, but I heard once the best way to get over someone is to get under someone.

Probably not the best advice, but then again, this is the Bonfire. :S

i like the way you think.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

after a 5 year relationship that ended in divorce. It was simply a case of getting married too young and we both decided that divorce would be the best thing for both of us.

So anyway...back to the topic. I've never been great at the whole dating thing. I think one of my major problems was low self-esteem. Fortunately after losing close to 30 pounds that problem is almost gone. Anyone got any tips for me????

Try match.com Its a blast. Loads of fun dates go on loads and regain your confidence by going on dates that you don't really care to much if they're not 'the one' just have some fun. Good luck;)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You have regrets about rushing into marriage, then rushing into divorce. Now you are rushing into dating. See a pattern? Think first. Take a little time. Maybe there are some issues you need to deal with? It is ok to be alone. Are you the type of person that must have someone there, no matter what the cost?

This was a bit of a surprise to me. Your husband just came back and is thrown into this, and I dont know if he knows you are posting this here on the internet. Maybe there is good reason he wants to rush to divorce though. I know I would be pretty upset if I found out my partner was broadcasting personal issues on the internet. How would you have felt if he was casually posting stuff somewhere about you for the whole world to see?

I know I would be pretty upset if I found out my partner was broadcasting personal issues on the internet. How would you have felt if he was casually posting stuff somewhere about you for the whole world to see?

To her credit, she hasn't been posting disparaging comments about him, so that's good.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Dont rush into a new relationship. Enjoy the lack of commitments for a while and have fun being single. There is no sense jumping into another relationship because thats what you're used to.

The best times in my life were when I was single.
-Sutton

Take some time off to "find" yourself and don't date anyone. I know there will be some immature guy who will find a way to make a joke about that, but I'm really quite serious. It will be the best thing you ever do for yourself.

I second that. I'm single (dating, but not in a serious relationship) and I'm enjoying discovering and being me. Live alone, too... if you can. I've been living alone for almost a year... it will really help you learn who you are. And it's so much nicer than roommates...

(oh and go have some hot unattached sex... like I mentioned in my last post)

Take some time off to "find" yourself and don't date anyone. I know there will be some immature guy who will find a way to make a joke about that, but I'm really quite serious. It will be the best thing you ever do for yourself.

I second that. I'm single (dating, but not in a serious relationship) and I'm enjoying discovering and being me. Live alone, too... if you can. I've been living alone for almost a year... it will really help you learn who you are. And it's so much nicer than roommates...

(oh and go have some hot unattached sex... like I mentioned in my last post)

I totally agree with living alone if you can. I broke up with my ex over a year and a half ago and moved out. It was quite lonely at first, and I had WAY too much time for myself, but I have learned to LOVE it. It made me think about what I wanted and where I wanted to go from that point forward.

And, if you find some hot, attractive dude that you want to have a wild, passionate night (or nights) with, you have somewhere to take him. ;) Of course, get to know him a little before you tell him where you live. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Us: me, myself, I, we, the boss and the hounds haven't lived alone in 35yrs. If my younger partner for life were to expire befor all of usB|B|

Being a helpless, hopeless old short male no way could all of us afford to wait long enough to know someone well enough before marriage.

First tall women that says yes gets all of us. Might be in 10-30 yr's but stay in touch:S By then I might be old enough to remember i was ever married.:S

One Jump Wonder

[

While I agree with everyone that you should not get involved with anyone right away, since it won't be fair to anyone involved......A little meaningless sex never hurt anyone.

.....On all of the dz's airplanes. that got me over my husband "straight away."

[

While I agree with everyone that you should not get involved with anyone right away, since it won't be fair to anyone involved......A little meaningless sex never hurt anyone.

.....On all of the dz's airplanes. that got me over my husband "straight away."

How you doin ;)
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

While I agree with everyone that you should not get involved with anyone right away, since it won't be fair to anyone involved......A little meaningless protected sex never hurt anyone.

Fixed it for you. Stats to the end of 2006 indicate more than 25 million people have died of AIDS since 1981.

Last year, 39.5 million people were living with HIV. 4.3 million were infected last year.

http://www.avert.org/worldstats.htm

To the OP - Welcome back to the dating world.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

While I agree with everyone that you should not get involved with anyone right away, since it won't be fair to anyone involved......A little meaningless protected sex never hurt anyone.

Fixed it for you. Stats to the end of 2006 indicate more than 25 million people have died of AIDS since 1981.

Last year, 39.5 million people were living with HIV. 4.3 million were infected last year.

http://www.avert.org/worldstats.htm

To the OP - Welcome back to the dating world.

t

It was a joke.

It didn't need fixing.

But thanks for screwing it up anyway.

/common sense fails again

We are both much happier since he made the decision.

He made the decision? :o

You were posting about dumping him last week in the women's forum! :S

Take a little time, maybe get some professional help with ALL your issues. Yes you are rushing things.

Oh, you DO know he can read all this too right?! Bet he'd love to see how quick you kick him to the curb.B|

what are you doing in the womens forum??
:ph34r: