sharimcm

How do you like your cow (steak) cooked?

After a few discussions with a few people this weekend on how I eat my meat, I thought I could ask everyone else. So, how do you like your cow prepared? And, no, I am not wanting to know how you like your tube steak prepared. :o:S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I guess sometimes it depends on where you are getting the steak...sometimes you say 'medium' and it comes back mooing at you and others it comes back well done. All in all I prefer mine medium! :)

"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

After a few discussions with a few people this weekend on how I eat my meat, I thought I could ask everyone else. So, how do you like your cow prepared? And, no, I am not wanting to know how you like your tube steak prepared. :o:S

medium rare.......livendive has the best meat:o:o:o:o

.....steak guys.....don't let your minds wander into my gutter:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Somewhere between rare and medium rare. I like it red in the centre, with a fair amount of blood. As it has already been mentioned there does not seem to be universal definitions, so often when I have ordered rare I got blue steak which was not to my taste. That is why I am often cautious and order medium rare (of course then they often serve it medium).
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

For me, it depends on the restaurant and the cut of meat.

I like what SHOULD be medium rare. But don't want it cooked any more than medium. But I am NOT a "pat 'em and put 'em on the plate" kind of girl! :P

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Hmm...this is a familiar conversation, no? ;)

Getting a steak that's still COLD in the middle will break ya of that "knock off the horns, wipe it's ass and put it on the plate" outlook... at least it did me!!

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hmm...this is a familiar conversation, no? ;)

Getting a steak that's still COLD in the middle will break ya of that "knock off the horns, wipe it's ass and put it on the plate" outlook... at least it did me!!

That's abusing the meat -- any steak should be brought to room temperature before cooking; if it is cold in the center it has not been properly prepared.

Given all that, my preference is what is called "Pittsburg" in many places, that is, firmly seared on both sides and cool (room temp) in the middle.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Totally depends on the steak, but generally medium rare. I like warmer than room temp and some color change through most of it, but still very juicy. Exceptions apply for both better and worse cuts.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Medium well. It makes me want to puke it I'm sitting at a table with someone eating a rare steak and have to see all that blood running around on their plate. B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Medium well. It makes me want to puke it I'm sitting at a table with someone eating a rare steak and have to see all that blood running around on their plate. B|

You just made me so hungry!!!

Who wants steak for breakfast?
Nice ribeye lightly dusted with garlic salt, salt and pepper.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Medium-Rare Filet Mignon (tenderloin) Chicago (brushed with clarified butter and then seared to hell!!!) Carcinogenic so what...tastes soooo good!!! I don't smoke so this is the closest I get to someone saying "You know that can kill you?" and me saying "Fuck off, it's good!!!"

Preferably accompanied with bottles/box of wine and a side dish with some type of garlic (Roast Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Mmmmm).

Oh and if you are ever at a restaurant and you ask for Chicago and they ask "what is that"...order the chicken.

If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat!!!

Blue Skies,

From a Wannabe Vegetarian, I am weak :(

Depends on the Cut of the Cow.
Generally a true Medium Rare.

[RANT ON]
One of my Biggest Pet Peeves and the most sure fire way a Girl can guarantee I will never take her out again.. Is for a Date that I take to a very nice restaurant and her order a Filet Minion - Well Done (Or medium well or anything past medium.)

If she orders the most expensive cut of meat.. (expensive because its tenderness and flavor) and then has the cook attempt to cook all the flavor out of it and cook it till it is no longer tender..

Well that tell me a lot about her personality and is someone that I generally don’t want to date.

If she wanted a tough, flavorless cut of meat, why didn’t she order a sirloin?
[/RANT OFF]

:o:P:D:D:D

One of my Biggest Pet Peeves and the most sure fire way a Girl can guarantee I will never take her out again.. Is for a Date that I take to a very nice restaurant and her order a Filet Minion - Well Done (Or medium well or anything past medium.)

I've never ordered a steak in a restaurant. Would it bother you to take a girl to a steak place and then have her not order steak?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've never ordered a steak in a restaurant. Would it bother you to take a girl to a steak place and then have her not order steak?

Not in the least. She should get whatever she wants. Btu if what she does want in a Well Done Steak, She should order a Cut that lends itself to being cooked well done. Not just order the most expensive.

Now of course if I would have ever had a Chance at a Date with the legendary Skymama before she got all engaged on us... I would personally burn a Filet of my own flesh if that is what it took to make her happy.:P:D:D:D