sharimcm

How do you like your cow (steak) cooked?

I've never ordered a steak in a restaurant. Would it bother you to take a girl to a steak place and then have her not order steak?

Not in the least. She should get whatever she wants. Btu if what she does want in a Well Done Steak, She should order a Cut that lends itself to being cooked well done. Not just order the most expensive.

Now of course if I would have ever had a Chance at a Date with the legendary Skymama before she got all engaged on us... I would personally burn a Filet of my own flesh if that is what it took to make her happy.:P:D:D:D

You are going to need a 5 gallon bucket to get all that brown off your nose.

and it is not "the legendary Skymama", it is Her Hotness.

How many times . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Now of course if I would have ever had a Chance at a Date with the legendary Skymama before she got all engaged on us... I would personally burn a Filet of my own flesh if that is what it took to make her happy.

lol...you're cute. I have to remind you though, you never asked. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Now of course if I would have ever had a Chance at a Date with the legendary Skymama before she got all engaged on us... I would personally burn a Filet of my own flesh if that is what it took to make her happy.

lol...you're cute. I have to remind you though, you never asked. ;)

Asking DOES work. But the pennance does take ALOT of work.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Medium rare. Ribeye is probably my favorite cut, the fat marbling lends itself to great flavor and juicyness. I even like top sirloin filets, good flavor.

I used to work in a kitchen, and I saw what they did to well done steaks- pressing on the steak with the spatula to cook it more, all the juices coming out. May as well put some steak sauce on your shoe and eat it. :S

Depends on the Cut of the Cow.
Generally a true Medium Rare.

[RANT ON]
One of my Biggest Pet Peeves and the most sure fire way a Girl can guarantee I will never take her out again.. Is for a Date that I take to a very nice restaurant and her order a Filet Minion - Well Done (Or medium well or anything past medium.)

If she orders the most expensive cut of meat.. (expensive because its tenderness and flavor) and then has the cook attempt to cook all the flavor out of it and cook it till it is no longer tender..

Well that tell me a lot about her personality and is someone that I generally don’t want to date.

If she wanted a tough, flavorless cut of meat, why didn’t she order a sirloin?
[/RANT OFF]

:o:P:D:D:D

While the filet minion is the most tender, the porterhouse (actually two muscles the yummy, yummy top loin and the delicately soft tenderloin) is more flavorful and I think the best of all steaks. I will agree that cooking either past medium rare is a shame.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

While the filet minion is the most tender, the porterhouse (actually two muscles the yummy, yummy top loin and the delicately soft tenderloin) is more flavorful and I think the best of all steaks. I will agree that cooking either past medium rare is a shame.

Ah yes! If you filet them before coocking you can get the New York Strip and either(I think depending on where the PH was cut from along the cow,) the tenderloin, or a pilet minon.

medium-rare all the way

I'm from Rio, so you can tell I love steak !!!
if you have the chance to go to a really nice (but I mean, a REALLY nice one, like Fogo de chao, Porcao,..) ask for Picanha! it's the best cut ever!
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Ah yes! If you filet them before coocking you can get the New York Strip and either(I think depending on where the PH was cut from along the cow,) the tenderloin, or a pilet minon.

A porterhouse always includes top loin (new york) and backstrap (aka tenderloin or filet). A t-bone does too, but with a smaller portion of filet.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

All in all I prefer mine medium! :)

Pretty much the same here. Although well done is okay if seasoned just right and still juicy.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I prefer grilled, over wood or charcoal at least.
Never would I imagine bbq on a steak...I also don't understand the need for any type of steak sauce unless you're eating one of my mom's broiled leather steaks in which case even ketchup would be acceptable (but not refrigerated :P)

There are a few places that do a very nice seared steak Ruth's Chris being one of them...but I still like the fire cooked flavors!:)

to me...those are worlds apart, albeit prepared on the same device in most cases.

grilled = flame broiled over gas, wood fire, or charcoal
bbq = a sauce applied to cooked food, sometimes nowhere near a grill as in a slow cooker or oven.

edited to add:
DAMN you people! I'm off to buy a coupla slabs of nice meat to grill tonight, prolly some taters for baking as well....:)

to me...those are worlds apart, albeit prepared on the same device in most cases.

grilled = flame broiled over gas, wood fire, or charcoal
bbq = a sauce applied to cooked food, sometimes nowhere near a grill as in a slow cooker or oven.

definition problems...we've got it cleared up now, though! :)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

bbq=grilled... at least in my family ;)

Ha!!! It only took 10 months for me to get vindication from a Texan male! B|:D

Blues,
Dave

*shrug* We've just always called it bbq... *shrug*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I honestly prefer my steak medium. I like it with just a line of pink in the middle, but warm throughout the steak. B| I'm partial to the New York Strip, but I'll eat just about any type of meat you put in front of me. Mmmm.... Steak....

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself