NWFlyer

The Case of the Mysterious White Powder

So today I pull my rig out of the roller bag that I use to carry it on the plane so I can drop it off at my rigger's house for a repack. It had been sitting in my foyer since I got home from the American Boogie last Sunday night. The last time the bag was open was when it got swabbed going through security at the Sacramento Airport. Security didn't pull the rig out, they just opened the case and swabbed the rig without removing it. Bag was with me the whole time.

Imagine my surprise when small baggie of a white powder falls out when I pick the rig up. I'm not sure whether it was just in the bag, or whether it was somehow stuffed into the rig. At any rate, I haven't the foggiest idea what it is or where it came from. :S

I'm totally clueless about any drugs stronger than pot - those who know me know it's just not my thing. I asked a friend who has a bit more experience with such things and he had no idea, though he said "If that's cocaine that's a hell of a lot of cocaine." He wasn't willing to take a taste because "what if it's anthrax or something?"

I invite any and all theories ... is someone trying to get me high? Someone trying to poison me? Someone trying to set me up? Someone just playing a really elaborate joke? Or is someone really fucking pissed because they're missing a few ounces of [insert valuable illegal substance here]?

Photo attached - took it with a dollar bill to give it some scale.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hmmm...
I wish I knew what to say. You could probibly report it to your local authorties and they will be able to test it. Other than that I am not exactly sure what the proper way to dispose of it would be
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

hmm... don't know. don't know a lot about drugs like that, but would be shocked if someone gave that much coke away to chance. Maybe a friend messing with you??

I agree w. previous post -get it checked out - - - airlines are ridiculously unreliable recently. Too much concentration on 3 oz. liquids - ignore everything else

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-

Whatever it is, sell it as coke and we'll blow the money on male strippers this week! B|:)

Ever watch "Cops" ? ;)

Edited for typo's
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I think I'd agree that it's too much to be cocaine...I've never done cocaine or even seen it before, but that looks like a *lot*.

Looks like crystal meth. Snort it and if you repaint your house in 30 minutes, you can confirm that it was angel dust. :ph34r:

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Do NOT turn it over to the cops...YOU'll be in jail explaining why you have it and trying to prove your innocence...if you are, indeed, innocent.

:D:D

Give the cat a snort and see what happens.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Since you have no idea where it might have come from, the police won't be able to do anything other than dispose of it, so I'd just dump it in the toilet. It won't hurt anything. Keep the powder off your hands, though.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Looks like Coke. That would be the type of baggie they would use, also looks to be about 3 1/2 grams (or 8 Ball). Sometimes cut with airplane glue which has a distinct smell you could open it up to see if it has such a smell. Best way to dispose of it? Flush it.

Yes, i used to have a problem with the drug (among others) The best thing to do is to flush it. If caught with it you could get into a bit of a pickle with that amount.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

It's really a shame that calling the cops these days will do one of two things...
1)get you arrested for possesion with intent
2)get the entire neighborhood blocked off during the investigation of a suspicious substance...

I'd flush it and hope it isn't anything dangerous...like anthrax or some other poison or even something incendiary...
[:/]
wow...strange dilema....

Yeah, I'm not taking it to the cops for two reasons: 1) I don't have a good explanation of why I have it, ergo with the "war on drugs" I put myself at huge risk. 2) If for some reason they do believe me, then we start retracing my steps back to where I might have obtained it. I'm not going to shine a spotlight on that DZ, either.

I'm hanging onto it for now out of idle curiosity. It'll get flushed soon enough and I'm sure as hell not going to carry it with me again like I did this afternoon. Driving around I was thinking "well, fuck, what if I get in an accident?"
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So today I pull my rig out of the roller bag that I use to carry it on the plane so I can drop it off at my rigger's house for a repack. It had been sitting in my foyer since I got home from the American Boogie last Sunday night. The last time the bag was open was when it got swabbed going through security at the Sacramento Airport. Security didn't pull the rig out, they just opened the case and swabbed the rig without removing it. Bag was with me the whole time.

Imagine my surprise when small baggie of a white powder falls out when I pick the rig up. I'm not sure whether it was just in the bag, or whether it was somehow stuffed into the rig. At any rate, I haven't the foggiest idea what it is or where it came from. :S

I'm totally clueless about any drugs stronger than pot - those who know me know it's just not my thing. I asked a friend who has a bit more experience with such things and he had no idea, though he said "If that's cocaine that's a hell of a lot of cocaine." He wasn't willing to take a taste because "what if it's anthrax or something?"

I invite any and all theories ... is someone trying to get me high? Someone trying to poison me? Someone trying to set me up? Someone just playing a really elaborate joke? Or is someone really fucking pissed because they're missing a few ounces of [insert valuable illegal substance here]?

Photo attached - took it with a dollar bill to give it some scale.

You are damn lucky that they did not cath that at the airport. Get rid of it!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

I am just concerned that if it is something more sinister than drugs it could be really bad to dispose of in the toilet. Since the bag is sealed and intact I would report it, but that is just me
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I am just concerned that if it is something more sinister than drugs it could be really bad to dispose of in the toilet. Since the bag is sealed and intact I would report it, but that is just me

It's been opened. I sniffed but didn't taste. The idea that it was anything other than drugs didn't occur to me till I showed it to my friend.

And if it is ... still... how am I gonna explain that one?

Well since you sniffed it what did it smell like?
I would not have sniffed an unknown substance. Maybe I am just paranoid, or that is the has mat tech in me. If you can smell it it can kill you.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I would not have sniffed an unknown substance. Maybe I am just paranoid, or that is the has mat tech in me. If you can smell it it can kill you.

No discernible smell. And yeah, sniffing probably wasn't a wise idea, but I just assumed it was drugs, not something more toxic. It's been several hours and I'm not sick, though.

I don't think that any cop will arrest you if you call to report something that you feel is a drug and is not yours. I think the police would have to be very narrow minded to do so.
So you took the chance of smelling something that you don't know what it is and could possibly kill you for doing so, sounds logical to me.. anyway
So what if it something that is toxic, maybe it is in the best intrest of society to put a dectective on this and let them ask some questions. It's not yours right? you have nothing to hide so whats the problem?
I like many of you have a problem with consent laws and the police over stepping or infringing on my freedoms, but if i have nothing to hide then I don't see a problem as well.. it's a hard balance to justify sometimes.
call the police, tell them what you have and have them check it out.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

No discernible smell. And yeah, sniffing probably wasn't a wise idea, but I just assumed it was drugs, not something more toxic. It's been several hours and I'm not sick, though.

Biological agents take days to weeks to incubate which is why they would be such a devestating attack.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192