NWFlyer

The Case of the Mysterious White Powder

So you took the chance of smelling something that you don't know what it is and could possibly kill you for doing so, sounds logical to me.. anyway

Really, folks, I don't need to beaten up for opening the fucking bag. It looked like a duck, it walked like a duck, and it quacked like a duck (hey, where's wingnut with his duck joke:D). Like I said - looks like drugs. I didn't go through the paranoid machinations of thinking it was anthrax.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So you took the chance of smelling something that you don't know what it is and could possibly kill you for doing so, sounds logical to me.. anyway

Really, folks, I don't need to beaten up for opening the fucking bag. It looked like a duck, it walked luck a duck, and it quacked like a duck (hey, where's wingnut with his duck joke:D).

That bag looked nothing like BillVon.:o:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

better to be safe than sorry. For all we know it could be powdered Asprin. It is better to be overly paranoid and it turn out to be nothing than it is to not be paranoid and die
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

So the bag was inside of the suitcase, and not in your gearbag, right?

Do you take the suitcase to the DZ?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Well since you sniffed it what did it smell like?
I would not have sniffed an unknown substance. Maybe I am just paranoid, or that is the has mat tech in me. If you can smell it it can kill you.

No discernible smell. And yeah, sniffing probably wasn't a wise idea, but I just assumed it was drugs, not something more toxic. It's been several hours and I'm not sick, though.

Biological agents take days to weeks to incubate which is why they would be such a devestating attack.

Stop trying to scare my friend!! >:(>:(

And Krisanne if somebody intentionally stashed it in your gear with the intent of retrieving it later, you'll prolly get a phone call from some stupid crack-head at some point in time... :P:S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

So the bag was inside of the suitcase, and not in your gearbag, right?

Do you take the suitcase to the DZ?

The suitcase was in the back of my rental car all weekend. I took the rig out during the days and put it back in there in the evening. My rig was unattended in the packing room for quite a bit of time after the last time it was packed. Like I said, though, I have no idea whether the baggie was with the bag or somehow shoved into the rig (mudflap, reserve flap, etc.).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Do NOT take it to the Police. Possession is illegal no matter how you ended up with it. YOU will be arrested if it is an illegal substance.

Yea, the police are not here to serve and protect, they are here to arrest. And if this is a very bad joke and someone put baking soda in a bag made to look like coke or heroin, in many states, it is still a felony.;) Someone purposely planted that on you.

I am sure you can find a home test kit somewhere.:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Seal it in a small plastic bag then wrap the whole thing in toilet paper and flush that shit away.

This way if it's going to explode its going to explode in the sewers and I'm sure that the sewer rats & crocs can handle better that situation!!!:P

Now can I have the 1$ ?

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

I was thinking that it either fell out of someone's bagat the dZ, or someone dropped it accidentally, and it got caught up in a wrinkled part of the bag. I can't imagine that it was done intentionally; people who use drugs really like their drugs, and if someone were intent on getting another in trouble, it would have a high chance of failure bceause it would probably be discovered. It could have been hidden in the trunk and somehow fell just right.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Another thing is, say someone at a DZ, used meth or coke for fun. They probably wouldn't bring that much in with them. that looked like at least 1/8 oz. of coke. If they were going to sell it, they would leave it in the car, and di the exchange in the parking lot.

-NickDG

I don't think that any cop will arrest you if you call to report something that you feel is a drug and is not yours. I think the police would have to be very narrow minded to do so........

......It's not yours right? you have nothing to hide so whats the problem?

I'm guessing you haven't had to deal with the police too often, have you?;)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

It's either a bad joke or somebody's misplaced drugs. Either way, there's a whole lot of bad news that could happen to you if any cops get involved, and very little good. Flush it ASAP.

If you have some bizarre notion that it's your duty to talk to the cops, then for God's sake don't mention anything about flying with the package. Somebody will completely freak out about it, guaranteed.

Matt

All you people are unbeleiveable:D:D:D:D

The suspense is killing me. What's the rest?

-NickDG

All you people are unbeleiveable:D:D:D:D

The suspense is killing me. What's the rest?
there is no rest, there no delema here no one know what it is and you all carry on like it's a big thing, flush it or report it it's that simple
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Another thing is, say someone at a DZ, used meth or coke for fun. They probably wouldn't bring that much in with them. that looked like at least 1/8 oz. of coke. If they were going to sell it, they would leave it in the car, and di the exchange in the parking lot.

I can think of this: Someone gives the money, the person gets the "stuff" and puts it in the wrong rig during the delivery. Owner of the rig moves gear or leaves while buyer and seller are trying to figure out what happened. :S

Now this happens: Big Brother FBI and Homeland Security catches this thread and knows all the details!:D:D:D And don't forget your prints are on that bag!:|

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

there is no rest, there no delema here no one know what it is and you all carry on like it's a big thing, flush it or report it it's that simple

You're right. I' d just chuck it in the toilet.

-NickDG

I can think of this: Someone gives the money, the person gets the "stuff" and puts it in the wrong rig during the delivery. Owner of the rig moves gear or leaves while buyer and seller are trying to figure out what happened. Crazy

Now this happens: Big Brother FBI and Homeland Security catches this thread and knows all the details!LaughLaughLaugh And don't forget your prints are on that bag!Unimpressed

Good point. That could have happened.

I'm not really up to speed on smiley's. Do those mean you were just joking around?

-NickDG

Mix a small amount of this stuff in water, and use [url "http://www.testclear.com/Cocaine-Drug-Test-Kit-P27C0.aspx"this product[/url] to learn if it's coke or not. If it's coke, you've got a very valuable baggie that you'll have to figure out.
You should be able to do the same to test for meth with [/url "http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/_methamphetamine_drug_test_kits.asp"]this product[url].

The bigger deal of course, is how you got through airport security with it.
If it wasn't in your rig, I'd also be suspicious that a test sample made its way into your bag but didn't make its way out. TSA test items are routinely accidentally left in luggage. Remember the people that found a block of dummy C4 a while back?

Here, let me help you out with the smiley etiquette.

If you use enough of these :):D:D or even :P:P:P, you can literally say anything you want and get away with it.

Want to tell someone they're an asshole? It would go like this:

:D:DYou are such an asshole you fucking jackass!:D:D:P:P:)