jasonRose

Weekend Numbers (7-7, 7-8)

Hey!!! You're up to 500 jumps! :)

I did a 7-way RW jump... unfortunately we had another jumper on the same load doing his 100th jump so some jumpers that would have been on mine were jumping on his... (it was especially confusing since both of us were named Scott... :S:D)

The dive was supposed to place me at the center of attention... and ultimately the most important thing to me was that I was able to jump with my GF in town...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

2:3:0

Tandem Vid of Dave and 2 FF with Jason...

Liked the way she pulled her knees up just as Dave was about to throw the drogue, sent them into a sideways flop...

Right over left, cool!

Anybody know when the weekend numbers started or by who? I know it was before the new format...

Billy

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

Aw. Thanks! :) Between jumping and my 16-mile run on Saturday, best weekend in a while.

And Skydance is so wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about the DZ and the cool people there.

1. 0 due to minor surgery
2. B| launched all 16 of our 8 -way training jumps
3. 0

Tired.

Your whole team are machines. It makes me tired just watching you. :D
I would so want to shoot video for that kind of team...:)

Oh yeah. I love being back up video for my little rays of sunshine. :DB| They do rock. They inspire a lot of people and I'm stinkin glad they choose to jump at Orange. And their head vidiot, although he's quite a monkey (for real), shoots shit hot money videos every time.

2:3:0

Tandem Vid of Dave and 2 FF with Jason...

Liked the way she pulled her knees up just as Dave was about to throw the drogue, sent them into a sideways flop...

Right over left, cool!

Oddly enough, I wasn't a particular fan of that part. :P I don't think I've ever felt the air going between myself and a student, and I didn't like it one bit. Not having seen the video, I'm guessing my recovery was probably amusing. :S:D Other than that though, it was a fun tandem! B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

1 Saturday morning spent cleaning the house:8:0

Cleaned all morning Sat and still got in 8 jumps. Followed a tandem while working on my front float exit, tried cartwheels in my sit, went out with my brother on his post-AFF jump and worked with him on turns and tracking. Did a few with Daizey watching her fly in her new Firefly suit too.

Sunday was spent riding our bikes and doing house stff again like mowing the lawn.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

:)
Yeah for the humps!! Did 7 yumps, and made my way into a 9-way for my first "big" way freefly formation with Jimmy T. and company! Sweet jumps. the colorado record will be broken soon....:)
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

2 : 9 : 0

Yea!! Great to have numbers again after 5 weeks!!! B| Had a great time at SDC on the 4th and this weekend. Got 3 good jumps in on Wed, and 6 more on Sat. My whole team wasn't there so didn't do as many training jumps as I wanted. But still did some good drill dives and had fun jumping with some other people. Didn't get to do any on Sunday due to strong winds. But thats the way it goes sometimes, still a great weekend!! :)

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

You know the drill Humps : Jumps : Beer Owed

:S : 5 : 0

1) Took a friend on her first sit fly attempt.
2,3,4) Kick ass Three way free flies :)5) The best BFR I have ever been on even thought there was only seven of us!!! ;):ph34r::ph34r:

19 sleeps until LP B|B|

1:8:1

1. Might have been 2, got pretty drunk one night and I think Lady Dyver was frisky
2. 8 great jumps - one was a FUN 7 way BFR too!! Oh yeah, you were there too Rosie;);)
3. My first beer chug-a-lug landing. Landed about 2 feet from the beer line, had one in my mouth before my chute collapsed.

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

You know the drill Humps : Jumps : Beer Owed

:S : 5 : 0

1) Took a friend on her first sit fly attempt.
2,3,4) Kick ass Three way free flies :)5) The best BFR I have ever been on even thought there was only seven of us!!! ;):ph34r::ph34r:

19 sleeps until LP B|B|

1:8:1

1. Might have been 2, got pretty drunk one night and I think Lady Dyver was frisky
2. 8 great jumps - one was a FUN 7 way BFR too!! Oh yeah, you were there too Rosie;);)
3. My first beer chug-a-lug landing. Landed about 2 feet from the beer line, had one in my mouth before my chute collapsed.

Doc

1.) Yes you did and yes you need to learn to count - geezzzzzz.......
2.) :)3.) I do believe you owe beer for that one sweetheart:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:)
I went to all you can jump for $139 at Skydance for the 4th. I did some sweet freeflying, 1 WS, an intentional cutaway, a jump where I shot video and then landed out next to an intentional cutaway, a CReW jump, and I brought beer and got on my first demo and then stayed and watched the fireworks. No skydives this weekend.

Didn't get to do any on Sunday due to strong winds.

The winds died down rather early in the day, you should've stuck around. I even made a jump sunday afternoon. :)SDC website (shameless plug), so everyone needs to go check them out.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

500 in 3 years . I am so envious . That is at least 3 jumps a week every week . Do you work at a dropzone ?

Actually I only did 400 jumps in three years...

I've just done about 100 in the last 3.5 months... and yes I more or less do work at a dropzone... I started doing RW video last year and am learning to shoot tandem videos right now... (I still need a lot of work... to improve my consistency...)

once I test for my D-license I'm want to start working on the skills necessary to be an AFF instructor... I don't expect to anywhere near have them for another 300-500 jumps though...

more or less my jump number average has increased steadily each year I've been in the sport...

I did about 60 jumps my first year, 140 my second year, about 200 my third year (you'll have to give me a break... I was in graduate school for most of my third year...) and I'm hoping to get 300+ this year... :)B|

I don't think I'm doing anything special... I have been trying to average about 10 jumps in a weekend (during our season which is late April through November/December) I know people that jump a whole lot more then I they just don't have time to post on dz.com... :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

B|:0:1

I was sick this weekend so no jumping for me. :(

But I did have my first save this weekend.:)
Apparently my pack-job works.

B|-11-1

Karen, sorry you were sick! Hope you feel better. You missed a great grand opening for Kapowsin Air Sports!
Yes, you did get a save but you forgot to put the homing device on the freebag! I spent hours looking for that thing. Never found it. Dang!

Made a jump out of a little hovering helicopter this weekend. (Hughes 500) I've jumped out of a Russian MI-8 in Mexico but I felt I still owed beer for this one. ;)

2:5:2

First 18k jump
First time I held my sit for the entire jump!

5 kick-ass jumps at Skydance - Honestly, probably the most-fun day I've ever had on a DZ in my life.

Hey, you didn't tell me about the first two! come on, share...Peter!

I don't remember the color of the pilot chute and freebag... hmm.. want to say light blue? Dunno. Packed a number of reserves on Friday.

Valinda:

That must be what I forgot!

I knew that I was forgetting something!:$

Glad it wasn't the molar strap.:P

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

But I did have my first save this weekend.:)
Apparently my pack-job works.

You be a real rigger now. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke