Everything from static line, AFF and private gear has been taken. The Tandem
rigs were the only items untouched.

If anyone can help please let me know. The incident will be posted on as
many links as possible but if you own a DZ or have access to the DZ web page
please post this news. There are alot of upset skydivers in Ireland right
now and my heart goes out to them. The Irish webpage: www.skydive.ie

Thanks & Blue Skies,

Shane Walsh ( Fester )"

Yes it happened in Ireland but NO its not a joke, certainly to the guys and girls who have had their gear stolen!!!!!!!!
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

That is a pretty big 'job' to pull off!
They went there for the one reason by the sounds of it and would have to be done by someone who has jumped there before if not all the time.

I hope you catch the people involved. 45 rigs is a big haul, would need a van to say the least.

no way is this done by a person who does not know the dropzone.

Sorry for your loss!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Maybe the IRA needed to re-supply their airborne division?

Yes, I know...bad taste.

Really sorry for your loss. The last DZ that got ripped posted an entire list of equipment and serial numbers with descriptions of each. I don't know that helped in the long run but just for encouragement, it may help recover some stuff and DZ.commers would know what to look for. I'm sure that you have already given such a list to the police.

In your case, I feel strongly that it will be going out-of-country so maybe those shipments could be checked very closely.

Good luck and know that we DZ.commers all over the world have our eyes out for you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I had just reposted it from skysurfer.com.au, i dont have any details, was just to let people know so that everyones informed and they dont buy bent gear.

If anyone sees anything please let them know via their web page.

Thanks

Why are you mentioning Australia in your posts?

Because the guy who wrote the message she re-posted is in Australia and wrote it on an Australian message board.

Not because Hippy is in AU?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Holy shit. Whoever it is needs some treatment the old skool way. ie cut off their hands.

Who would do such a thing though, its pretty idiotic, its such a small community.

Fuck cutting off their hands. I think a test jump trying to land a wingsuit without a rig is more appropriate
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

my rig was one of those stolen. it was a vector3 only 2 weeks old. it had only 2 jumps on it.:(

Sorry to hear that. [:/] Makes a pretty good case for taking your gear home with you after every trip to the DZ, huh? At least at home, it will be covered on my homeowner's insurance policy, if someone were to break in and steal it there.

Fat chance of that anyway, I'm home most of the time. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

45 rigs?!

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Man, that's a major theft. Hopefully you can track the guys down.

As a matter of process, I try to verify the legitimacy of any used gear that I buy. But I'll be on the lookout for this stuff.

I believe the punishment in India used to be to cut the nose off of the thief(s). That almost sounds like appropriate treatment here.

Holy shit. Whoever it is needs some treatment the old skool way. ie cut off their hands.

Who would do such a thing though, its pretty idiotic, its such a small community.

Fuck cutting off their hands. I think a test jump trying to land a wingsuit without a rig is more appropriate

Or you could "stab them in the face with a soldering iron".
Muff #5048

I'm sorry to hear of this horrible act. The same thing happened to my dz last year. With the help of USPA. org, Parachutist magazine and Google we just about got everything back. To which included most of my gear as well. :)
Keep your heads up. Maybe you'll have the same luck as we did.

And just a little something to remember, our gear was stolen from some tandem students that came out earlier that year. The only thing we didn't get back were our cameras and altimeters. You know how students are, they ask all kinds of questions (how much does gear cost, where do you go to buy it to get started, etc...). So it may not be an experienced jumper.

If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

I am so sorry to hear about your lost gear. I once bought a stolen rig on eBay and after seeing it listed with USPA's stolen gear list I returned it to the rightful owner. I lost out, eBay did nothing, and the police in the thief's home town did nothing. Anyway, please see if you can list the gear with USPA, Dropzone, and any other lists so we can keep our eyes open. Hopefully. the gear will be retrieved and the jerks who stole it will be punished.

well i am English and did marry an Irishman and moved to Australia :-P

Its called trying to help others find their gear, If yours was stolen I would do the same for you !

That stinks!!!!

You can also post it in Rigminder (www.rigminder.net) and if anyone tries to register it there it'll flag the item and send out emails. Not that they would be stupid enough, but you never know. There is also a stolen gear search there so if a rigger gets a rig and wants to check it out they can.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I have spoken with Rodger at the Irish parachute club and he requested that I post the serial numbers and pictures of his student rigs that were just purchased from UPT. These are our assembly pictures, so it does not show the rigs clearly, but this is all I have as far as pictures of the containers.

The serial numbers for the 3 containers are 45908, 45909, and 45934.

Mark Klingelhoefer

hi all,
rodger here,the rigger from the irish parachute club.i really like the ideas of some of punishment that should be dished out;)i am sure some riggers have some great tools that could inflict a bit of pain whoever stole the gear.
below is a list of the cypres that we know of so far.i will post the rig and reserve serial no next couple of days when i have the list completed.as you can imaging it is unfortunatly quiet a long one to compile.however if anyone comes across any of these an email would be greatly appreciated,so that we can catch the culprits who did this.

cypres 2 # 10484 DOM 08/04
cypres 1 #1060B16362CF22 0X DOM 02/99
cypres 2 #26803 DOM 08/06
cypres 2 #33891 DOM 05/07
cypres 2 #33892 DOM 05/07
cypres 1 #112124655DC822 50 DOM 05/01
cypres 1 #2040DA625BC622 00 DOM 10/98
cypres 2 #26802 DOM 08/06
cypres 2 #21207 DOM 01/06
cypres 2 #26800 DOM 08/06
cypres 1 #1061CA635FCB22 60 DOM 11/99
cypres 2 #20783 DOM 01/06
cypres 2 #2860 DOM 09/03
cypres 2 #2861 DOM 09/03

all of the above belong to the irish parachute club.

all of the below are private gear that was taken that i know of sofar

cypres 2 #28228 DOM 10/06
cypres 1 #5070DC655ECA22 40 DOM 02/02
cypres 1 #51409C665BC722 10 DOM 01/03
cypres 1 #10A012645FCB22 30 DOM 02/00
cypres 2 #4123 DOM 11/03
cypres 1 #110182645EC922 10
cypres 1 #3130F7605CC722 10 DOM 07/96
cypres 2 #20599 DOM12/05

blue skies and safe landings
rodger