whodamiss

Dogs on the drop zone?

Hey if a dog gets agressive for no reason at all take it up with the OWNER, that is where the fault lies.

Dogs will only do what they are taught or not disciplined for.

And there are some really unruly, badly behaved kids who will start shit and never own up to it.

When I was a teenager there was a neighbor kid who threw rocks at our dog anytime he thought nobody would catch him, big rocks.

One day the dog got tired of it and broke loose, she chewed that kids ass.

The father came over being quite nasty, after finding out from several neighbors and their kids what was going on, he kicked his sons ass so bad he needed medical attention, in addition to the bites he got.

Good thing it was a small terrier and not our Shepherd she would have killed him.

KIDS ARE MEAN, especially when thier parents ignore or excuse their behavior.

Agreed. If a dog growls or threatens to bite.. Take it up with the owner.
Dog Bites, Dog dies.

Dog owners need to understand this before letting thier dogs run loose in a pubilc place. Not only will the dog owner be liable, but the Dog will almost always be put to sleep and the owners face possible criminal charges if the person that was Bit wants to take action.

Growing up in South Georgia as I did, It was always a given that if the dog Bites a person without provacation, That dog must be put down. Usually the dog owner would do it personally.. But that was back when people took responcibilty for thier pets actions.

And one more time.. I like AJ. Never had any probllem at all with him not do I beleive that I ever will but there are other dogs out there that are constantly causing problems. I wish all dogs were as well behaved and looked after as AJ. That is not the case. Most dogs are brought to the DZ and just let go while the owners are up jumping.

This thread is not about YOUR dog.. It is about Dogs in general. And In general I think Dogs at the DZ are a Bad idea unless they are kept in an area away from the packing area/hangar and landing areas.

Dogs, small children, and women should be welcome if they're well behaved and trained to obey commands

Umm... you got something to say here? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Where's the option for "depends on the owner"?? :D I agree with J for the most part. I love dogs. In general. I don't love dogs when they trip over my lines as I'm trying to pack, pee on the packing mat, get wet in the pond and then come into the hangar, and beg for food every time I'm trying to eat. And I do think the dog owners are responsible for how their dog acts. Some dogs at the DZ are okay, usually the ones that the owners take responsibility for and train, or leash, or leave them in the trailer, or whatever. I like dogs at the DZ. I just don't like them running wild at the DZ. :S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

also tell some of the same folk to quit breaking dogs out of the local dog jail because they "feel sorry for them.

I've helped break a dog or 2 out of that horrible cage in Cal City. :o

We found good homes for them though. :)

Fair enough, but would you also make restitution (i.e. pay $$) to me or someone else at the DZ if one of those dogs you busted out of jail pissed on my or someone's rig?

:|

I love dogs, but a lot of owners aren't very responsible with them at the DZ. I've personally had a dog grab and run with my PC while I was packing. I've seen another dog lift his leg to a rig (we all think he was stopped before anytinkle happened). I also don't think it's considerate to other jumpers to bring pets to the DZ, since about 15% of the adult human population in the US has dog or cat allergies.

I've also seen some very well behaved dogs that don't stick their nose in your crotch, stay away from the packing areas and generally hang around their owners. Sadly, those aren't the ones most people remember.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

also tell some of the same folk to quit breaking dogs out of the local dog jail because they "feel sorry for them.

I've helped break a dog or 2 out of that horrible cage in Cal City. :o

We found good homes for them though. :)

Fair enough, but would you also make restitution (i.e. pay $$) to me or someone else at the DZ if one of those dogs you busted out of jail pissed on my or someone's rig?

:|

We did it in the middle of the night and put them directly in the car. I would never let them run around the dz.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Agreed. If a dog growls or threatens to bite.. Take it up with the owner.

While I understand where your coming from, I would welcome the discussion, but I would have to ask you what are you doing to piss off my dog that she has to growl at you or threatens to bite you?

Dog Bites, Dog dies.

The only times a dog I owned has bit someone, they were deserving of it. Dogs are a great judge of character as all three people who were bit turned out to be scumbags, theifs and liers.

The best one of all time was a dude came over to my house and was laying on his back on the living room floor, when out of the blue my dog gets up and without a sound walked over to him and barfed all over on him, turned out the dude was a backstabbing lier and over all lowlife. Not one person on the DZ could stand the guy and eveyone jus couldn't put a finger on it as to why no one could stand to be around him. A week after my dog hurled we found the real truth, my dog knew it the whole time, she even tried to tell us.....:ph34r:

So if my dog bites you, she will get a pat on the head and cookie followed by a "good dog", because that tells me you can't be trusted and to keep an eye on you and to keep you away from my family and home.

Those who know my dog will tell you she is a lover not a fighter and you have to work very very hard to piss her to bite you, unless your scumbag or lowlife...:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

...So if my dog bites you, she will get a pat on the head and cookie followed by a "good dog"...

Man, you don't know how funny that's going to be to see patting, and giving cookies to, a dead dog.

What? That dog is DEAD!

What? He's not dead, he's a dog!

WHAT??????
:D:D:D:D:P

Monty Python's parrot comes to mind here.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I say we build a railing around the big deck out back and put all the dogs on it.;)

all the dogs hang out there already
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I am of the opinion that dogs could be allowed (if it is a large enough and safe area not located on an airport) depending upon the dog and only after the trustworthy-ness of the dog and owner(s) is shown. Maybe even a small contract of some sort should be required so the DZO would have some legal recourse when the dog owner does not pick up after them or allows them to tromp all over the packing area. Also, if your dog has a nasty, uncontrollable bodily function that makes a mess and stinks, please leave them at home. It's not their fault, but it grosses EVERYONE out.

You don't have to lie, AJ is annoying as hell when there is food around, and that is 100% mine and Eric's fault. :$ I know my dog is not perfect, but we sure try to make sure he is not in the way, in the packing area during the day, or around people who do not want to be around him due to fear or allergies (or if he is wet from the pond).

And if my dog ever bites someone, I would personally borrow a gun from someone and shoot him. I'm not sure why some people seem to think their dog is always in the right when they get aggressive. I am a nice person and love dogs, and even I have been bitten. >:( Seems to be a big problem with small dogs especially. Note: Your dog IS NOT CUTE when he/she is barking, growling, and snarling at me. I don't care how small he/she is, I WILL kick him if he/she comes near me.

I like shiny things
mmmm.....shiny things

SDC is great and nobody just goes up to your dog and tries to pet or touch without asking.
-----------------------------------------------------------
It's funny how everyone approaches AJ with the back of their hand and AJ just looks at them like...just rub my goddamn belly you pussy!:D

The Braver the Bird...The Fatter the Cat.

There are a LOT of dogs at our DZ every weekend. The rules are that all dogs must be on leashes and owners must pick up after their dogs. As far as I know there haven't been any problems.

:) The one Older PUP at C-Burg is rather exceptional and sweet. I'd never bring my dog, eventhough she has been successful through Obedience #1 courses. She still wants to play and follow you rather than hang out and relax. (Herding dogs are smart but, rather active)
I may love my dog BUT, that doesn't mean others are required too. (Grif's dog is far more suitable for a DZ than any others I've encountered):)

I say we build a railing around the big deck out back and put all the dogs on it.;)

all the dogs hang out there already

Throw in a pole and a blacklight. With enough beer, Jessie would put on a show.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Grant! How the hell have you been!! You haven't even been to Cburg lately.. they make everyone sign a 'rules of DZ' now with regards to dogs being on leashes and being picked up after and away from packing areas.

When are you coming out to jump???

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Dammit, every time I say something negative about DZ dogs, you guys who have the ones I like always bust me.
:D:D:D

Rigger knows I wasn't talking about him.
:)
Maybe it would just be easier to out the ones I don't like:
Velo
Big Red
Untrained puppies

How's that?

But, my "untrained puppy" stays in a pen or on a leash or in my lap... I try to make sure that she isn't a bother.

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller