Muenkel

If men can be called dicks, why can't women be called the 'C' word?

They are only words. It depends how it is said. Sometimes the word cunt can be used in a sexy way. Only works if you have a brittish accents for some reason:D

yeah well you're a british old fart

Nah, just a fat cunt would do. Old fart, i do believe you have me by a few years
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

They are only words. It depends how it is said. Sometimes the word cunt can be used in a sexy way. Only works if you have a brittish accents for some reason:D

Nah, just a fat cunt would do. Old fart, i do believe you have me by a few years
:D;)

Women are sometimes called assholes, but not very often. The connotation between the two words (asshole and bitch) is very similar.

Well, I get called asshole way more often than I get called bitch. And I call men bitches all the time too... especially those who are my little Bitch Slaves. :P

Rob Becker presented the longest running one-person Broadway show - Defending The Caveman.

He opened the show with an empty stage and video of little pigs flying around. A sound track that sang, "Men are pigs... men are pigs..." repeatedly.

He walked out and said that men are used to ignoring demeaning speech from women. He said that if he started the show with "Women are bitches", the hall would be empty 2 minutes later.

Women use a lot of phrases that imply a deprecating tone where there is no gender reversed phrase..
"too much testosterone..."

I have no objection to the "C" word when uttered by non-USians, particularly the English and Australians.

I think the difference in my reaction is the attitude behind the word, more than the word itself.

YMMV.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

They both affect me about the same way...very little. I do have a friend who doesn't get too upset if she's called a cunt, but freaks the fuck out if someone calls her a bitch. Admittedly, she's an exception to the rule. :D

Blues,
Dave

HEY! I have a friend like that too! And I'm pretty sure it's not the same friend but, as an aside to this whole convo, that seems to tell me something about myself.

I must be an asshole if I have friends just like Dave's friends.

:D:D

;);)
'Shell

Well, you can always call her a pussy. Our 8-way teams called each other pussies so often we have hand signals for it. Cunt is a bit more insulting.

Only in the over sensitive USofA.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You know what? There aren't too many words I won't use, or too many words I am offended by. The "C" word is both. I find that to be one of the nastiest, ugliest words out there.

Any idea why?

Blues,
Dave

I just think its a really ugly word- maybe its the attitude behind it most of the time its used? Seems to have a lot more venom than b*tch or twat or dick or prick.

You know what? There aren't too many words I won't use, or too many words I am offended by. The "C" word is both. I find that to be one of the nastiest, ugliest words out there.

Any idea why?

Blues,
Dave

I just think its a really ugly word- maybe its the attitude behind it most of the time its used? Seems to have a lot more venom than b*tch or twat or dick or prick.

I kind of agree, but think that's a self-perpetuating stigma. Women get offended by it, so people reserve it for when they want to be especially demeaning, so women continue to be offended by it, etc. I've noticed younger women using the word on each other more frequently in recent years, so it wouldn't surprise me if it gradually becomes less offensive.

And I think your use of an asterisk above is both brilliant and hilarious. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Any idea why?

Blues,
Dave

What's the purpose of the asterisk in "bitch"?

At my old job, if I tried to send an email with any kind of profanity, I'd get an error message. Its habit now.

I also think you are right about the age thing- you can even see it in this thread. The younger women aren't offended- its just a word.

I know I'm much more comfortable being called a bitch than a cunt. Bitch sort of implies strength as well as unreasonable and mean.

Which is ironic considering that some scholars think that in ancient usuage, cunt was a term of respect used to describe priestesses

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Well here is my take on this mystery. I do not usually say "you dick" it is "you fucking dick" and I do not say that to be funny it means I am pissed. so to hear "you cunt" back at me is no suprise. Usually that means it is time to seek a neutral corner and cool off until we can discuss it rationally. However remember some words hurt pretty bad and take time to heal from -Choose your words carefully.-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Don't take it personally coming from Shrek... Cunt is his favorite word. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban