Amazon

Cessna Caravan crashed in the Cascades-Skydivers on board

I'm not sure who Jeanne's talking to. The person I heard from had just talked to the Snohomish DZO who is (I assume) on site. That's all I know.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I hope at least some of them bailed and are hanging from a tree going when the fuck are you fuckers gonna come save my ass.

Only if they knew the plane was going down. Considering the beacon was not activated, (it's possible it malfunctioned) the limited evidence we have right now points towards a sudden crash with little to no warning. :(

Until we know for sure we can still hope for the best.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

can someone explain how it is possible for an aircraft to crash and the emergancy beacon/locator not activate

The fact that they have not received a signal means only that; they have not received a signal.

This isn't really the place for me to go into detail, but the lack of ELT signal only means that and nothing more.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wonder if anyone tried to bail...Dark.. over the Cascades.... Engine out...

We don't know that the engine quit at this point. A hunter and a camper both reported hearing an airplane flying low, implying that it had power. Maybe it was downed from some other cause, like icing on the wings. We'll have to wait and see.

Every drop zone in that area should have their aircraft in the air helping in the search.

Every drop zone in that area should have their aircraft in the air helping in the search.

No, the only aircraft that should be involved in looking are those that have pilots trained in mountian operations and specifically mountian search and rescue. Its a nice thought to put as many eyes looking for a crash as possible, but if it is unqualified people and planes that just increases the chances of a need for additional rescues if they have an issue also.

Does anyone have any confirmation and facts about survivors at this point or not? If you don't have a source that you are willing to post, lets not speculate here.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I hope to God that everyone is Ok. I'm very sad to hear this and have all involved in my thoughts and prayers for the best :(

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Jeannie...this is so similar to the Tooele crash a few years ago.....a long weekend jumping....flying back in the dark....

A tragic scenario that, unfortunately, replays itself over and over in the general aviation world. It is sadly all too common.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No new details on here but some video of the search area and a video about the impact to the skydiving community.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_100807WAB_missing_plane_SW.14e67c6fe.html
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

local news stations are still reporting nothing / nobody has been found at this time.

I just talked to the search and rescue folks. They have a couple more teams flying in from Seattle and don't need volunteers tonight but they asked me to call back and check again in the morning.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Any info as to who was on board?

From one of the above links.

The names of those on board have not been released, but Farrington says their families have been notified.

"We've been around a long time," an emotional Farrington said, describing the people on board as acquaintances

The weather has been good today I do hope search & rescue have luck in funding the plane. With rain and new snow in the mountains this last week it's cold up there at night.

I will continue to pray for them all.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

PM me for names. (I don't have everyone's last names though.)

*** Since I do not have "official" information (although it is from a good source) I will only give out the names to people from the skydiving community that I personally know.

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham