Amazon

Cessna Caravan crashed in the Cascades-Skydivers on board

I am really hoping this is not one of ours from Kapowsin. What was happening in Boise this weekend???

http://710kiro.com/Article.asp?id=168764&spid=7564

Missing Plane Believed To Have Crashed Near Rimrock Lake

Authorities are searching for a missing plane with eight to ten people on board that's believed to have crashed near Rimrock Lake in the central Washington Cascades. The Yakima County sheriff's office says the Cessna 208 Caravan left Boise around 7 p.m. Sunday and was headed toward Shelton, Wash., but did not arrive as scheduled. Officials say a hunter in the White Pass area told police he saw a plane flying low and heard a crash around 8 p.m. Officials say the plane's emergency locator was not activated.

That is some rough country up there... everyone cross your fingers.[:/]

I am really hoping this is not one of ours from Kapowsin. What was happening in Boise this weekend???

http://710kiro.com/Article.asp?id=168764&spid=7564

Missing Plane Believed To Have Crashed Near Rimrock Lake

Authorities are searching for a missing plane with eight to ten people on board that's believed to have crashed near Rimrock Lake in the central Washington Cascades. The Yakima County sheriff's office says the Cessna 208 Caravan left Boise around 7 p.m. Sunday and was headed toward Shelton, Wash., but did not arrive as scheduled. Officials say a hunter in the White Pass area told police he saw a plane flying low and heard a crash around 8 p.m. Officials say the plane's emergency locator was not activated.

That is some rough country up there... everyone cross your fingers.[:/]

It is Kapowsin's. It was flying a boogie at Star this weekend. :(

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

just talked to the local red cross info person, they are concentrating thier search west of clear lake by hidden springs and shoe lake (both of which I havent ever heard of), they have both a search and rescue plane and helecopter.

got my fingers crossed;

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20071008/NEWS01/710090003

Still no word...

I wonder if anyone tried to bail...Dark.. over the Cascades.... Engine out...

AT least a parachute does not have all the Jet A around you.[:/]

Jeannie...this is so similar to the Tooele crash a few years ago.....a long weekend jumping....flying back in the dark....they were tired and didnt even have their gear on.....probably using it for pillows.
We can always hope.............

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Jet-A will not explode unless it is in a fine mist form, so leaking Jet-A will not blow up, with a spark or hot item (it will burn as you know though) . Could be used to start fire and keep warm as well as signal for help.

Keep your hopes up.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Oh god, my thoughts with all those on board. Sigh. :(

I just called the number from the incidents thread, he was listening to the search party, and they are still searching, he is not aware of it being found as of yet.

1 509 834 2660 ... is the number.

Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

can someone explain how it is possible for an aircraft to crash and the emergancy beacon/locator not activate

would this mean it is not a BAD forced landing/crash as in g-forces heavy damage type thing???????

our prayers are with those out in the woods

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I've just heard that it is not confirmed that there are no survivors. I hope that's true. I hope at least some of them bailed and are hanging from a tree going when the fuck are you fuckers gonna come save my ass.

I can't process any alternative right now.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

By KATU Web Staff
WHITE PASS, Wash. -- Search and rescue crews are looking for a small plane that is believed to have crashed Sunday night in the central Washington Cascades while carrying a group of skydivers.

Yakima County sheriff officials say the Cessna 208 Caravan left Star, Idaho, near Boise, at about 7 p.m. Sunday and went off radar near Clear Lake in the White Pass area between Yakima and Mount Rainier National Park.

A hunter who saw the plane flying low said he heard the crash about 8 p.m. Earlier reports from search officials that the wreckage had been located were erroneous.

The search was concentrated Monday in a very rugged area southwest of Rimrock Lake, near the western edge of Yakima County, authorities said.

The plane's co-owner called officials early Monday morning to report the aircraft missing, and search coordinators said the plane's emergency beacon did not activate.

Elaine Harvey, owner of Skydive Snohomish, said the pilot and most of the passengers on board were all members of Skydive Snohomish and had gone to Boise for a skydiving meet. They were flying back to Shelton, Wash.

The plane was owned by Skydive Kapowsin, based in Shelton.

Searchers are using the hunter's report and radar information from the FAA to try to find the missing aircraft. Volunteer pilots and the King County Sheriff's Office Guardian One helicopter are also looking helping with the search.

Officials said 8 to 10 people were believed to be on board.

Updates to follow

Do you know something more Amazon? Has your information been confirmed?

My heart and prayers go out to all involved with this.