DFWAJG

Jumping from airplanes, or climbing a ladder?

A couple of years ago I landed in a fenced(electric) in pasture. As I'm gathering up my gear a guy on the other side walks over with a ladder and offers it to me saying it's a pretty good distance to a gate. I took off my gear and handed it over the fence to him, climbed the ladder, then realized I was going to have to jump off the top. Almost coudn't do it. :$

While I "obviously" worked up the nerve to jump off the ladder the guy stared at me, then at my gear, then at the sky, then back at my gear..... then back at the ladder. :D

Owned by Remi #?

I am afraid of ladders

Why?

Don't know. I have no problem scaling the sides of buildings using ledges, or climbing a 30foot tall boulder, but ladders scare me
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I hate ladders. The scariest thing you could ask me to do is climb a ladder. The worst bit is when you are working at height and you have to get on the ladder to go back down and as you gently reach out for the ladder you push it away at an angle then put your weight on it. SCARY!

I hate heights! >:(:S

i HATE ladders... I get all shakey when I have to go up them and stuff. It truly sucks!!!

I'd rather jump out of an airplane (good or not good) any day of the week and then some :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Don't like being on the 2nd story of a building and looking out, but ladders are okay for me. As long as I can hold on. :P Trees, now that's another thing!

Story about a ladder and doing yardwork last year. I climbed part way up a ladder to get into a garbage can to stomp the leaves and branches down (so I could get more inside). The garbage can started to tip, and went over...I did the best PLF ever...got up, unharmed, and thanked skydiving for saving me from injury. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I am really afraid of heights... espcially when I was a kid.. I fell out of a tree when I was about 10 and almost killed myself. I also fell off a ladder a couple times while working on boats in boatyards... rotten and termite eaten pieces of shit>:(>:(

One of the reasons for starting to rock climb.. alpine climb and flying/skydiving was to overcome that fear.

Going up on my roof to clean off leaves though.. still worries me.. I can feel the force... pulling me to the edge....