windcatcher

Does anyone have a recipe for REALLY good homemade whipped cream?

Me and the girls are making 6 pies for thanksgiving! :o Everybody like different kinds, hence the need for such a variety. Anyway, does anyone here have a good recipe for homemade whipped cream? Forget the cool whip crap! :| I need the super-fattening, but-oh-so-creamy-and-delicious whipped cream.

Care to share? :)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Me and the girls are making 6 pies for thanksgiving! :o Everybody like different kinds, hence the need for such a variety. Anyway, does anyone here have a good recipe for homemade whipped cream? Forget the cool whip crap! :| I need the super-fattening, but-oh-so-creamy-and-delicious whipped cream.

Sure:

1 carton of whipping cream

Whip till to desired consistancy.

Add sugar to taste.

:P
Remster

Shit, even I know that one...

Whipping cream, cap of vanilla extract & sugar to liking. Toss in a whipping bowl on medium and spread generously over the boobs. errrr... pie, I meant pie.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

If you can, get FRESH farm cream! It makes the BEST whipped cream ever!!
'Shell

Heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and flavored extract. YUM!! There are all kinds of extract out there from lemon to raspberry to maple. trust me, I do this for a living. Do not over whip the cream or you will have a mousse like consistency (then you could add melted chocolate to that and have a whole other dessert!!).

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Add a half shot of bourbon to it along with the confectioners sugar.

Also see if you can get fresh heavy cream from a local dairy.

The bourbon flavored whipped cream is excellent on pecan/pumpkin/sweet potato pies, and bread pudding

Pannetone bread pudding is out of this world, try it out, make sure to make amaretto sauce to cover it with...mmmmmm

Grand Marnier is pretty good in whipped cream. Just use it in place of the vanilla extract you might otherwise add.

Ficus, will you marry me? ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have the Whipped Cream Dispenser, I have had the Nitrous cartridges a few :) times.. But for some strange reason, The cartridges all seem to disappear before I get around to making the whipped cream.:P:D

Best gift I ever received! Of course, I actually use mine to make whipped cream.:P I couldn't justify buying it myself (I mean, really, how hard is it to pull out the electric hand mixer and whip up a bowl of cream) but now that I have it I love it. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Now that just seems too simple. :| I'm Martha Stewart here, I need complicated stuff!!!!!! That way I can talk about how beautiful the texture is...:S

OK, forget the cream, sugar, and vanilla. Instead, using hydrogenated lecithin as a surfactant, whip an emulsion of buttermilk and cod liver oil. That should be sufficiently complicated and have just the beautiful texture you're looking for. :P

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Now that just seems too simple. :| I'm Martha Stewart here, I need complicated stuff!!!!!! That way I can talk about how beautiful the texture is...:S

OK, forget the cream, sugar, and vanilla. Instead, using hydrogenated lecithin as a surfactant, whip an emulsion of buttermilk and cod liver oil. That should be sufficiently complicated and have just the beautiful texture you're looking for. :P

Blues,
Dave

If you haven't already, you need to read Twinkie, Deconstructed :D

Yes, it is SO fun . . . but you have to be breast feeding.:)

Huh?:|

Steps:
1) Buy reusable whipcream dispenser
2) Buy several boxes of chargers
3) abstain from breast feeding for 2 days - best accomplised AFTER THE KID IS WEENED
4) Charge empty dispenser
5) Inhale gasses from dispenser
6) Repeat until light headed
7) Giggle boobies vigerously
8) Squeeze Boobies.

Voila - Whipped Cream, the fun way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Now that just seems too simple. I'm Martha Stewart here, I need complicated stuff!!!!!! That way I can talk about how beautiful the texture is...

That is how Martha would make it.:P Everyone is right and it is simple.

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=5f3cce908332f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=whipped%20cream&rsc=ns2006_m2