DJL

I can break into your car - Especially Jeeps

I recently locked my keys in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and forked over $160 to some knumbskull to unlock it. It took him a few tools and about 5 minutes to unlock. I decided that this was the last time I would pay for someone to unlock my car. So with $0 worth of material - since everything could be found in the trash. I broke into my car within 45 seconds. Basically, long enough for a passerby to say, "Hey do you need a...wow, you got it."

I no longer keep anything of value in my car. I'm amazed at how easily someone could break in and snatch whatever they see.

If someone NEEDS to know how to do this then PM me. I'm not giving the information to anyone who I don't recognize as a real person/skydiver.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Well my Jeep is a CJ-7 with a rag top, so I sure anyone can.

Yeah, I should add that I'm like Grand Theft Auto when it comes to rag tops and convertibles.

I'll skip the porche unless I can find someone who doesn't car about be breaking the window with a brick.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Way back when I was driving a V8 Jeep that got about 15mpg, I borrowed my GF's economy car (which got 40+ mpg) to go to an out-of-state Jumpmaster course. Damned if I didn't lock the keys in the car 200 miles from home. As I was ranting and kicking myself, I suddenly noticed something: The rear quarter windows were gasket windows. All I had to do was pull out the 1/4" strip that locked them in place, pop out the glass, and I was in the car with no damage in just a couple minutes. Then I spent the next 15 getting the glass back in.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Moral of the story is that your car is NOT a place to leave anything of value and you're home is only marginally safer. With cars its a crap shoot on what you have visible and what is known to be in the vehicle (like a bunch of H&K and Glock stickers on a car means there might be a free gun inside or a booming stereo might mean a free amp/headunit might be inside). Car alarms...well, how many times do you even look towards a car when one goes off in a parking lot? That should answer that question.

With your home the only thing you can do is make your home harder to get into then your neighbors. That way they'll get broken into and you won't. Alarm systems are nice, if they're audible it'll scare off the burglars. A large dog works well too.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Actually, you use a spark plug. What this does is shatter the window without making much noise.

Getting into locked cars is pretty simple. The hard part is starting them. With my car the only key that can start it is my one that has a chip in the key. The other day i got a key cut and it would turn the ignition but the car engine would not start cause it was missing a chip that the car dealer charges a fortune for.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If someone NEEDS to know how to do this then PM me. I'm not giving the information to anyone who I don't recognize as a real person/skydiver.

Actually, I'd be happier if every thief knew how to use a slim-jim on cars.

That way they'd just steal whatever they wanted from the car and skip the part where they break a window and perhaps screw up the window track or related pieces.

We've had to repair two windows in the last four years on my wife's Honda at $250+ per incident. OTOH, $250 in window repairs from parking outside beat the $1600 we'd have spent on another garage space over the last year.

Whereas, I just screw a spare key under the license plate. ;)

Thought about doing that but the car stealin kids around here are savey to it...that and the magnetic key boxes and duct taping on / in a bumper etc...

And because of the rash of missing cars around here...if it's gone and they didn't need a screwdriver to start it, the insurance companies are making a fuss. :S

Gotten REAL bad around here with bored teens joy riding, they roam the mall and grocery store parking lots and take whatever they can...not 'pros' because it's almost always open doors and hidden keys...SO FAR.

Little buggers are a little sophisticated though.....they change out your license plates with that of a similar make, model and color...our neighbor was pulled over earlier this year for driving a stolen car...his car, wrong tags...he hadn't noticed the switch which had taken place weeks before!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Actually, I'd be happier if every thief knew how to use a slim-jim on cars.

That way they'd just steal whatever they wanted from the car and skip the part where they break a window and perhaps screw up the window track or related pieces.

We've had to repair two windows in the last four years on my wife's Honda at $250+ per incident. OTOH, $250 in window repairs from parking outside beat the $1600 we'd have spent on another garage space over the last year.

Knew a guy who had a window broken by a thief. The window was so damn expensive that his solution after that was to just leave it unlocked, because he never kept anything in it that would cost as much as the window to replace.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

remember who you're dealing with!

My car was unlocked when they knocked out the front passenger window and then pryed the unlocled glove box open denting the dash and bending the door.

Not rocket scientists...

Gotta better one than THAT...:ph34r:

At a certain DZ we're both familiar with, at a mid summer boogie....;)

The ole Ford Exploder got rifled through.

Remember all the car alarms going off in the parking lot all day, we thought it was loud aircraft.....don't think it was now.

The back hatch doesn't always lock...old car, only works 1/2 the time...end of the day I go to toss my gear in the back and see stuffs been moved around, and the contents of the center consul and glove box are on the passenger seat floor area.:|

Nothing worth stealing really, the coins from the drink holder were gone...BUT there were a nice pair of Oakleys I'd never seen before sitting on the back seat!

Must have been dropped when the bad guy(s) crawled through to the front! :ph34r:

I set them on the picnic table by the video screen the next day to see if someone might claim them...still got 'em somewhere around here, if anyone wants them BACK! :D:D:D:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

what if you have locked your screwdriver inside the car as well

Ahhh, Lad. I'm from Oklahoma. I just turn around 180 degrees and use the screwdriver outta the toolbox in the pickup truck next to me. Either, a) put it back when I'm done, or b) as the owner comes walking up while I'm taking it, shoot the shit for about an hour about who we know, or the weather, or the game...
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.