CastAwayII

Skydiving, A family affair?

How many people out there jump with family members? I'm trying to get my older and younger brother into it, but it just seems they aren't has hyped about it as i am. My older brother has made a tandem and my younger brother just turned 18 and has already done 10 min. of tunnel time. but they wont make the plunge to aff

My brother quit skydiving just before I got into it. But he's getting back into it now. We're already making plans that next time we see each other we're going to jump together. Plus at the same time we're gonna take our dad on a tandem. :)

Very cool. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I jump with my youngest daughter and she should get her "C" this summer. I have done tandems with my other daughter and my wife. I have two sons and the oldest is a captain in the military. He is a military static line jumper and he wants to start AFF this summer when he comes back from being stationed in Germany. My youngest son also wants to take AFF this summer as well. So............I'm hoping to do some family four way in the future or at least a family funnel dive.:)

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

We have a family out at our DZ...matter of fact it is the owner, his wife and two kids. They jump together frequently....and actually there was a photo of them in parachutist this last year jumping as a family.

My kids are too young but I do have a son who is turning 18 soon and wants to do a tandem for his birthday/graduation. The 16 year old also wants to jump - we will see ifthey change their minds when the time comes.

My two step kids have also done tandems - but are in a point in their life where they want to focus on other things.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I met my wife skydiving. Her father owns a DZ. Her sister is an AFFI, and her husband is a T.I.. My father-in-law's wife is a rigger, and her son and his wife also jump. I'm probably forgetting about one or two people :D It's kinda fun to go to a boogie and do a family-way skydive with six or seven members of the family.

A few years ago, we were all at the holiday boogie in Eloy. One of the men (technically my brother-in-law, although it's pretty distant) had two young boys that liked to horse-around on the packing mat. I'll never forget him saying - "Careful! Don't step on grandma's parachute!" :D:D

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

A few years ago, we were all at the holiday boogie in Eloy. One of the men (technically my brother-in-law, although it's pretty distant) had two young boys that liked to horse-around on the packing mat. I'll never forget him saying - "Careful! Don't step on grandma's parachute!" :D:D

That's too cool. My oldest son is 18 and is adamant that he will *never* try it. My youngest son (10) swears that as soon as he's old enough, he's gonna do it (he already throws every action figure he owns off the the top of the stairs with homemade parachutes and wingsuits). My brother says "one day". And I'm single, so there's no spouse jumping. Looks like at the moment, I'm on my own.
"Analyze this!"
http://www.myspace.com/poppyfunk

I did a tandem along with my 18 year old daughter 4 days after christmas 07. It was both of our first jumps (her first in a plane at all), the plane ride up was great, we are in each others videos as well

Her sister turns 13 on the 1/31 and wants to jump but cant so we have a 30 min block at the Perris Wind Tunnel on her B-day. My 2 daughters, wife, and myself will split the time.

Then I start my AFF training at Elsinore the following weekend. My 18 year old wants to eventually try AFF but wants to go tandem a few more times.

I am a bit bummed I waited till 40 to try it but thank god my daughter wanted to try it so bad so I got if for both of us as a xmas gift!

I am a bit bummed I waited till 40 to try it but thank god my daughter wanted to try it so bad so I got if for both of us as a xmas gift!

Hey, at least you finally tried it, right? I waited until I was 38, so you definitely aren't alone. Now I feel like a sappy corny cliche..."It changed my life."
"Analyze this!"
http://www.myspace.com/poppyfunk

riddler I'll never forget him saying - "Careful! Don't step on grandma's parachute!"

:D:D:D:D:D Now thats funny!

I will be kickin it with my "SWEEEET" child o' mine this season! B| partial story over in INTRO & GREETS re; "ALLOW me..."

After Her trip to a boogie w/o Her Mother or I for the fir...firs...fir...fir.... ;) dzzy.com Christmas '07, She wants to graduate from high school, skip college and go PRO and tour with JC and also Nikki Sixxs' 6AM..."Life is Beautiful.."
;):ph34r::D:ph34r:........

JC, you are a HIGH INSPIRATION to Ellie whom you met at John and Liannimals wedding! Thanks Brother and "keep running with our Lord"!!

She has regretably informed us (after a few sessions of counsel), that She will do two more years (at least) at junior college :):D:D

I talk alot of crap in here sometimes, but I KNOW that I am a VERY blessed man being a father to two my daughters... They have enriched me like NOTHING else EVER could on this planet..... NOTHING!!!!! That inlcudes my biggest hobby/passion, and thats our collective sport of SKYDIVING!
I also owe a lifes worth of gratitude that I will never be able to pay muchless give back to their Mother, my wife of 19yrs last Nov, Kelly....

Kelly, With all of the childess shit that I have dealt to you, :( YOU still "stand by your man"/boy!
THANK YOU Kel! F&A's.....

A few years ago, we were all at the holiday boogie in Eloy. One of the men (technically my brother-in-law, although it's pretty distant) had two young boys that liked to horse-around on the packing mat. I'll never forget him saying - "Careful! Don't step on grandma's parachute!"

I can see my middle (9 year old) grandson saying that. He wants to jump and he wants to come watch me when I jump. I'm hoping I get to jump with that little live wire in another 9 years. I'll probably bring him to the DZ one of these days, at least if I ever learn to land on my feet!!:$ Both my kids are coming around to the idea somewhat and have said they are willing to give it a try, if I am the one paying. Once I've got my license and gear of some sort, I'll probably see if they are really willing. Oh yeah, my son says if he jumps, I have to get a tattoo. I'm not so sure about that part, but I would consider it.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

40 is a whole lot better than 57!!! Besides, by waiting, you got to do your first jumps together. B|
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

40 is a whole lot better than 57!!! Besides, by waiting, you got to do your first jumps together. B|

Did my first jump at 42. Wish I had started sooner.

On the other hand I would be dead or hurt if I would have.

When your 20 your bullet proof. :|
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

ABSOLUTELY It's a family affair. At many of the Dropzone I've jumped at, many even go out of their way, to make it such that the DZ has a good, family vibe.

At our DZ, we have 3 sets of brothers (out there every weekend), and it's cool to watch them try to get on loads together.

We have 2 families (Father + Son and Father + daughter) that all reached their license, bought their first rigs, and jump almost every weekend. I can't imagine this sport without that vibe. I want to open a DZ, and I will strive to create an atmosphere where a Family member could bring their children, siblings, or spouses and have a good time. That's what this sport is about!
=========Shaun ==========

MY wifes brother got me to take my first jump with him. After we started spending our entire weekends at the dz, my wife decided if you cant beat em-join em. that was 1002 jumps ago for her. one our kids has 45 jumps one has 12, one has 3 and the youngest did a tandem with me last summer.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Not too much luck with my family but it's all good... At least they respect my choice and are happy that i'm loving life so much!!

- lil' sis will make a tandem next week ( i know i won't be able to be close to her in freefall, but what a moment that will be to see her face as the door opens up...)

- my wife will gladly push me out of the airplane:S:D:o

- mom and dad just want me to be safe

- My son ( 4 years old) thinks skydiving is the coolest... He will sit there with me for hours watching different videos... he loves exits and swoops... Hangs out with me at the dz sometimes and will knuckle me before getting on a load!! I love it!!:)

Today is a better day!!!