ntrprnr

Good news rarely comes by phone at 2am...

And this is no exception...

My dad called... My grandma passed a few hours ago.

:(

1909-2008... Gotta give her credit for one hell of a run, huh?

Sigh... This is a bummer. Even though we all knew it was coming, (she was in the hospital,) it still sucks. I feel most sad for my mom. (Was her mom.)

Feh.

Took 35 years - but now I'm grandparent-less. I'm fortunate she was around as long as she was.

If you've still got a Grandma or Grandpa, give them a call, or if you're lucky enough to live near them, a hug today.

:(

Sorry to hear man, that really is a bummer. I feel for your loss. Remember the good times and remember that you got many good years with her. Give your mom some hugs and be there for her in her time of grieving.

-moto
Less talking, more flying.

I am also sorry for your loss man![:/] But like you said that was a hell of a run.... Throw a party for Her and also "remeber those GREAT TIMES".... She DESERVES that party.....

Hang in there... Prayers your way for some peace and comfort... BLUESKIES Grandma....:)
:DD

My thoughts are with you Peter, i lost my gran on my mom's side the year before last, at 98 she'd also had a good run and by the sounds of it was in a very similar situation. Just know that she's at peace.

When i close my eyes and pray tonight i'll ask my grandparents who are also up there to go say hi :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Sorry to hear that Peter. [:/]

I'm 40 and still have one grandmother, who's 96 (I think). She got to see my family last October, which is when I met you at The Ranch, remember? Her nursing home is just a few miles away from there. She has her good days and bad days. But I know the inevitable is coming. I hope we all get to see her at least one more time before then.

Condolences to your family.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I only ever knew one set of grandparents, and I've lost them both. Yesterday my grandpa would have turned 90. Tomorrow will be 15 years since his death, and I still miss him. My grandma died a couple days after Shannon, in 2006. I noticed at Christmas that I still haven't completely come to terms with losing her. But this thread isn't about me, I only mention those as a way of saying, "I understand and sympathize." You have my deepest condolences Peter. As you said, at least she had a nice long run at it. Cry as needed and remember the quality that she added to your life, and vice versa.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Sorry about your grandma... My grandma is my hero, im so glad that she has gotten to spend time with her great-grandkids. I never had that opportunity. I will be more devastated when my grandma passes than I will when my mom or dad pass. My grandma has always been there for me and when everyone else turned their backs on me, she was still there, letting me know how much she loved me. Grandma's are very special people indeed. Sorry for your loss! HUGS!

So sorry to hear about that Peter. I'm glad she had a long life though. You and yours will definitely be in my prayers.

I only knew 1 grandparent and she died when I was 8. I never truly knew how special grandparents were until I saw the relationships my parents have with their grandchildren. I truly feel I missed out on something really special.[:/]