JustChuteMeNow

Being a mean or nice poster

So am I a mean or nice poster?

I don't even have to think about my response. You are a nice poster. The "mean" posters time and time again try and belittle other people and it apperars to come easy.

On another note I'm sure you would make a great poster boy for some deserving charity. And just so you don't feel bad I meant poster MAN and not poster boy.:)
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Now you, your one of those "lift me up " people for well the masses.

Hey LisaMaria, thanks for the compliment. I always enjoy being around you as well. Hopefully we can do some jumping together this year. If you come to couchfreaks, don't forget to bring your lingerie for the lingerie dive(s).:)

lingerie dive? and here we are, stuck with 2 PAC 750 XL's[url], choppers and hot air balloons for our boogie.. and after listening to 50 episodes of SDR, i really wish to make it over there.. couch freaks being one of the reasons..

but back on topic: am i mean? am i mean? i couldnt really tell,, since i'm thinking of myself as a biased, angry, under-fucked but over-sexed, young poster.. maybe i should start a poll about myself!? :S:):P:)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Unfortunately there's a fine line between being mean and being blunt to get your point across. There are many time when someone needs a good slap in the face to wake up and be welcomed into the real world. This can easily be construed as mean but it can be a necessary evil at times.

My 11 year old daughter got the same email from her little friends:

Friends or Best friends?
Rate me!
Nice or mean?

ok guys, i just want ur TRUTHFUL opinions about how much of a friend i am to u guys.
ok, so what number would u rate me following scale? answer with the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10.

1 = regular friend

5 = good friend

10 = best friend

:ph34r: kids...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I actually almost asked someone once what their payoff was for that kind of thing. I was genuinely curious, because you don't go around attacking people online without some sort of payoff and figured it had to be something I wasn't picking up on. There's no way to ask that without it being an attack of its own, though, so I didn't go there.

I agree with you on this one, and for the most part when one is dragged down in the mud with the attacker then both posters end up looking stupid.

I have been asked before why I haven't answered the thinly disguised attack of some A$$hole, and I asked the person who posed that question, "you knew I was ok, or you wouldn't have contacted me to tell me about the attack."
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Friends or Best friends?

Well Valentines day is coming up. It is probably a guy friend and he just wants to know how many "You are the Only One For Me" cards to buy:D:D

She's only 11, and I have her convinced that boys still have cooties. B|

God help us when she starts thinking boys are 'cute'. :(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

She's only 11, and I have her convinced that boys still have cooties.

It does get more difficult as they get older. My youngest is now 25 and I just don't think she is buying into the cootie thing any more. I'm not sure when she made the transition from cootie to cutie but hopefully you will be more successful than I was.:)
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Being honest is being "mean" to a lot of people these days.

That said: When someone is nice to me, I am nice to them. If someone is a bitch or asshole, I'm an asshole back. If someone is being stupid I tell them they're being stupid. If someone is being awesome, I tell them they're being awesome. I treat people the way I want to be treated but I also treat people the way they treat me.

I'm the same way in real life.

It does make me uncomfortable when a poster gets attacked for little or no reason. IMO positive vibes are always better than negative vibes. What do you all think?

Strangely I don't like it when a poster receives an unprovoked attack (particularly if that person is not participating in the thread) or if a person is being needlessly provoked, even though it has nothing to do with me. Even if the poster being attacked is someone I don't particularly get along with I don't like seeing it happen. It bothers me a lot more than being attacked myself (I can't explain that).

As for myself I do not attack but will occasionally counterattack if the person is being a dickhead to me with an unprovoked attack (yes I know that is not a good excuse).
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

If someone is being stupid I tell them they're being stupid. If someone is being awesome, I tell them they're being awesome.

The problem with that approach comes when they disagree with one's judgment of what's stupid and what isn't. There isn't any room when one says "that's stupid" instead of "I think that's stupid"

And I think I"m probably the meanest poster out there. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It does make me uncomfortable when a poster gets attacked for little or no reason. IMO positive vibes are always better than negative vibes. What do you all think?

I think "mean" is frequently in the eye of the beholder.

Yup
I am never intentionally mean in my post, however i am aware that i occasionally lack "tact". Forwarding ones opinions is often seen as being mean if they dont follow the status quo. I tend to no follow it, and as a consequence my world view often differs from the Gen-pop. That does not imply that my view is any less valid, or my opinion does not warrant the same air time as anyone elses. Disagreeing with people and their actions is generally not a bad thing
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Being honest is being "mean" to a lot of people these days.

That said: When someone is nice to me, I am nice to them. If someone is a bitch or asshole, I'm an asshole back. If someone is being stupid I tell them they're being stupid. If someone is being awesome, I tell them they're being awesome. I treat people the way I want to be treated but I also treat people the way they treat me.

I'm the same way in real life.

Ditto...

If someone treats me like shit I am SO not going to treat them as I would have preferred to treat them. There are only a few who rate my cheap lite beer over their head if I ever do meet them.

I just resolved a very longs tanding dispute with someone.. and it feels really good to do so..:)

Well honesty in an answer can be brutally honest or it can be softened somewhat depending on the situation. For instance if a person asks "Do I look fat" and I say Yeah you are fat and grossly overweight and I can't understand how you don't know that. While honest, it comes across as mean and condescending.

I could get the same message across using some tack and not be so brutally honest. That said I am not saying brutal honesty is wrong.

FWIW I have a pretty thick skin and I like people who are direct and say exactly what they feel. I just don't tend to like people who seem to get satisfaction out of making others feel bad intentionally.

If someone treats me like shit I am SO not going to treat them as I would have preferred to treat them.

A lady will always say something offhand like: "I never did mind the little things."

Sometimes I'm no lady. :P

As far as "mean vs. nice", I don't know.

Like Dave, I tend to play dirty with those I really like ;) and try to ignore those I don't. I don't dislike many people, though. I have to really know someone to officially "dislike" them. There's no-one on this website I dislike. One person annoys me sometimes (and it's not even you, Squeak! :P).

When someone or something annoys me I use that as an opportunity for self-reflection. My annoyance might be valid. But it's important to recognize why. Knowing "why" is what makes us more self-aware. It doesn't always mean I'll be any less annoyed. ;) But, I can infallibly say I'm extremely self-aware. :D:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

If someone treats me like shit I am SO not going to treat them as I would have preferred to treat them.

If someone is being an asshole, usually the whole community knows the same thing. I am not advocating that everyone needs to like everyone else. I am just trying to advocate that we don't intentionally stir the pot in a mean spirited way.

There are many people who I don't respect due to their actions and I am guessing that we will never be friends. Converseley there are many people who I do respect due to their actions that I hope one day to meet and say "Hi". Amazon you are certainly one of the posters that I would like to meet and say "Hi" to one day.:)

Disagreeing with people and their actions is generally not a bad thing

I agree with you. Controversy is good. Conflict is bad. Controversy means I can explain my view to you and you can explain yours to me. Hopefully together a better understanding will result and we will move forward together. It doesn't mean that we will necessarily agree with each us but that we can use each others input to formulate new and better ideas.

Conflict means we can't work together. Conflict is when I refuse to listen to any ideas that conflict with my own. Did I mention that conflict is bad?

Nah Squeak you aint one of them.......I would buy you a REAL beer.. at any pub of your choosing when I come to OZ

You were super awesome and bought me a jump ticket for the DC3 in eloy one year. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I constatnly get accused of being mean. I come from the southern hemisphere where alot of humour is 'dry humour'. That is what makes me laugh. However i am constanly being accused here of being mean because i also go for the dry humour lines and with dry humour does mean no smileys for maximum effect.

When ever i get attacked for it i usually have the opposite responses from people via PM telling me they get it and laugh.

I have got to the point that if people want to judge me cause of my lack of typing skills and lack of being able to make it come off the right way, I just let people think what they want now.
Th funny thing is you seem to be one of the people who gets on my arse about it. Pity it bothers you so much but i am not going to change what makes me laugh because you dont get it.

The thing is, I have no reason to come in this community and be mean to people. You dont get my jokes, that makes it even funnier.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store