skydiver30960

Parking on the lines

Someday, when I make my first billion, I'm going to build a parking garage. In my parking garage, instead of white lines separating the spaces, I'm going to use rows of those "caution: severe tire damage" spikes.

I work in a hospital with limited parking, and am amazed at how people have no qualms at all about parking over the lines and just walking away.

In the meantime, I'm going to be starting a grassroots movement to petition congress to make it legal, hell let's make it MANDATORY to let the air out of any vehicle tire that is touching paint while parked.

Waddaya say?

Elvisio "somebody else already ranted about the back-in parking I was gonna bitch about too" Rodriguez

That does annoy me quite as much as parking crooked. Even if I can squeeze my vehicle in the spot I worry about that person damaging my car.

Basically I see it as "I'm more important then you are." Its a representation of an overgrown and annoying ego.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

People who double park or on the line making the next available spot too small for me to get into, pisses me off. Especially when there are too few available.

I'd go with retractable spikes hidden in the surface. When a car has been parked for 30 seconds, long enough for the asshole to get out and walk away, (SPROING!) (psssshhhh)

:D:D:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

yeah but then you'd have the person with the flat taking up space in the next spot while they change thier tire, and you'd have rubber neckers slowing up traffic to get a look at the moron who didn't read the sign and got a flat from the spikes. also depending on when the parking garage was built could have something to do with the spacing of the lines. there are alot of parking garages that were built when most of the population was driving smaller cars and trucks. now those same garages are being filled with big trucks and even bigger SUVs.

i like your idea though.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Just because you park "in" the lines doesn't mean you're not a bonehead.

Have you ever seen a spot rendered useless because on either side is a massive SUV up as close as possible to your white line as possible. Sure, you can get in, but good luck opening your door. :|

I support the idea. :)

=========Shaun ==========

Or how about these 'compact only' spaces...That not even -that- kind of car can squeeze into. :S

A parkinglot nearby recently repaved and restriped their lot and when they put down the paint every lane was smaller to make more spots to park. By the time you squeeze into your spot you're right...good luck opening you door! B|

Isn't there a mandatory size they're supposed to be???

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

i used to work in a autoshop, and at night to secure the vehicles, we would use jacks and rollers to lift and move the cars in the garage so tight, you couldn't get a piece of paper between them. lets just start moving the cars.

i have actually used a set of chains, the hooks on my bumper, and my jeep to drag a car out of the way so that one of our show rigs could get out...fuck-em, if they cant drive, they shouldnt mind some damage to their car.

i used to work in a autoshop, and at night to secure the vehicles, we would use jacks and rollers to lift and move the cars in the garage so tight, you couldn't get a piece of paper between them. lets just start moving the cars.

i have actually used a set of chains, the hooks on my bumper, and my jeep to drag a car out of the way so that one of our show rigs could get out...fuck-em, if they cant drive, they shouldnt mind some damage to their car.

Bet you wouldn't say that to HER. :P

ltdiver

I don't get that video..

You can't view it, or you don't understand it?

Here's a little explanation of who Danica Patrick is. An incredible Indy driver who did very well in the Indy500 last year. She's also featured in 2008's SI Swimsuit edition.

But I digress...this thread is about "Parking on the Lines", sorry...:P

ltdiver

Partly on the parking theme- what really gripes me is those people who will slowly orbit a parking lot only to stop and wait for the guy parked near the door to get in and leave, meanwhile clogging up traffic in the lot. Said driver is usually overweight, walks slow and doesn't care that his waddling into Wallyworld further tangles things.

Just park the darn car, walk a little bit, be healthier, don't clog the parking lot and quit ruining my life!!!!!:P

Partly on the parking theme- what really gripes me is those people who will slowly orbit a parking lot only to stop and wait for the guy parked near the door to get in and leave, meanwhile clogging up traffic in the lot. Said driver is usually overweight, walks slow and doesn't care that his waddling into Wallyworld further tangles things.

Just park the darn car, walk a little bit, be healthier, don't clog the parking lot and quit ruining my life!!!!!:P

That is why I usually park a bit further out where there are no cars and just walk in. I find myself following 2 or 3 cars into a lot, I park way out, and find myself walking into the store while the stupid fuckers are still circling the lot for that prime spot. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I worry about that person damaging my car.

Yeah, and parking spaces seem to be getting more narrow, and are filled with Hummers. You can't get a door open anymore without banging the car next to you.

That's why I go out to the far end of the lot where no one else parks.

It always surprises me that the majority of parking spaces are at 90 degress to the track in.. Why not make them 45 degrees so that entrance and egress is easier?

Also, maybe my next car/van will have sliding doors..

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I support your idea. Parking on the line seems to be a trend is hospital garages. I visited my grandmother almost daily and it never failed that some asshole was parked on the line making it impossible to get my Civic in the narrow area that was left. Now, if I was driving my del Sol, there would be no problem.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Have you ever seen a spot rendered useless because on either side is a massive SUV up as close as possible to your white line as possible. Sure, you can get in, but good luck opening your door. :|

My convertable comes in handy then!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?