AggieDave

Snow?

I haven't seen real snow in probably 5 years. Kind of strange, but it does make sense. It was nearly 80F last week it makes sense that it would be snowing this week. Not to mention that it HAD to snow since I'm not quite done building my VW and I have sold my truck. That means I ride a motorcycle around full time right now.:D

Snow? Central Texas? Well, where I grew up in TX got 9" of snow last night, so it could be worst.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I lived with a mate many years back and his brazilian girlfriend, the look on her face when she saw real snow for the 1st time (she was about 18 at the time) was absolutely priceless, even if it was the slushy grey London variety.

Almost made up for the hell it was living with her. OK maybe her tendancy to walk around the flat wearing high heels, g-string and notalot else also helped..
but what do I know

None of it stuck, but I promise you there were a minimum of 20 wrecks in the area this morning due to drivers being your typical idiot.

Sounds like Alabama, multiplied by 4. We're supposed to get some snow tonight. I have a lot of experience driving on snow while in college in Rochester NY, but tonight I'm staying the fuck home! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We had several inches of snow here yesterday and last night, northwest of ft worth. Here in the boonies we always get more than Dallas.

The schools were closed and there were a ton of accidents. I stayed home! I wasn't about to get on the roads with a bunch of Texans who have never driven on snow or ice before! :S

Oh and YES thats my little diesel Bugly;)

You must be one of those circus clowns. It's the only way I can think of that you could fit inside that little bug. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

DUDE.. you would be AMAZED at how much room that thing has.... as long as it is just me and a couple passengers... and at 52 MPG... its a great commuter car...

I believe ya. My Sister in law used to have a Mazda Miata, and she was 6'-1" and 210 lbs. She fit in there like it was a tight condom! :D I was amazed.

I used to have a Porsche 914 and it looked small from the outside, but it was very roomy inside. Looks can be deceiving for sure.

I checked out a Miata.... I felt like I was wearing it...not sitting in it... kinda like the 60's Austin Healy Sprite and MG Midgets I used to own back in the 70's when I was a tad skinnier...;)

Porsche... meh... I have had enough of expensive Volkswagons

DUDE.. you would be AMAZED at how much room that thing has.... as long as it is just me and a couple passengers... and at 52 MPG... its a great commuter car...

Yep, a friend in ATL is 6'4" 240 lbs and drives one, no problem. I was amazed at the leg room when I got in it.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I checked out a Miata.... I felt like I was wearing it...not sitting in it... kinda like the 60's Austin Healy Sprite and MG Midgets I used to own back in the 70's when I was a tad skinnier...;)

Porsche... meh... I have had enough of expensive Volkswagons

So now you have a moderately priced one? :P

Seriously, though...I did not know that they made a diesel version...that bears looking into, when it comes time to go car-shopping...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Seriously, though...I did not know that they made a diesel version...that bears looking into, when it comes time to go car-shopping...

I had a diesel VW Bunny back when I was in college. I bouight it after I got out of the Air Farce and it served me very well for 6 years. Even back in the early 80's I was getting 45 MPG in it. the main thing is to keep it up mechanically. What finally killed mine was a blown water pump on a summer trip in the desert.. it lost cooling immediately and the head warped. The newer ones seem to be better for that but you still need to maintain them if you want to get 300k or more out of the engine.