skybytch

weekend numbers?

met JT and Flyguy (whos name should be Firestarter) ***

Firestarter?What is taht supposed to mean?:):)

Anyways, thanks for the jumps. Had a great weekend.

Weekend numbers go like this 1:7:a few

1 awesome roadtrip to Perris and Elsinore with JT, 7 cool jumps and a few good beers...

Got to meet "the rack" and got to play in the industrial haze that threatened to ruin the day in So. Cal. Thanks to all the cool poeple I met this weekend and hope to see you again in May

2:5:0

Jumped at Perris on Sat; it was supposed to be weathered out but there were some holes that we sorta went through. We made a few multi-point ten ways with the gang including Chris and Lisa. Kate showed up with Carsten around noon, and after the second jump with Chris organizing (remember, Chris, you owe me one beer a year for that speech) Amy and I took off to do some four-way with K+C. Was a lot of fun; I haven't done fast/complex four-way in a while.

Then we hung out at the bomb shelter for a while before we went to tres amigos for dinner. (Note to Lisa - they do NOT have pyramid!) Today was the usual assortment of chores.

1 Vector Tandem class attended:7: a few owed

Just need the medical and some BS in the paperwork and I'm cleared to take the rig up for a solo and knock those jumps out in a week or 2 then I'm a certified TM... Scary huh?? :D

I'm sore, I'm tired and I'm going to bed soon... I missed the warm weather!

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Now you've got to find some experienced suckers to jump with you. ;) If you were closer I'd volunteer but you're way up there. (Thank God cause I hate tandems.):P

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

1 prank call from Eric:0:0

I will blame winds and laziness for that second number.

I got to see the Pat Mcgee Band, though! So, that's a good thing! It's not the same without John (my favorite) and Al. :(

At least I got to hang out a dropzone! The Hinckley bonfire always provides some sort of entertainment, and I heard some really good gossip!

Once again, I ate tons of food this weekend, but the scale stayed the same due to the Frosties I had. Ice cream is the secret to weight loss still.

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

2 free jump tickets (1 camera slot, 1 winning raffle ticket at safety day): 6: i'm sure i owe for something...

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

27 (knot gusts that started while I was in the air on load 1):2:0

Didn't collapse my canopy quick enough after landing in a corn field, so I have some nice new grass stains on my rig. Luckily the green covers a little of the pink on my rig, so I don't mind. :)
I also witnessed Martin Evans (of rec.skydiving fame) "polishing his pole" if you will... PHOTO. Beware, it's pretty graphic.

Dave

0:5:1

As usual, no such luck in that all important first category. Of course breaking up with the whuffo ex-girlfriend a few weeks back sure doesn't help. :)

Five jumps today (on Sunday). The weather was perfect all weekend here in Colorado but I didn't jump on Saturday for three reasons. First off, I shouldn't have been jumping period as I'm still recovering from a minor foot injury. Secondly I was up was too late partying on Friday which made Saturday a wasted day. And finally, I was watching the Avs NHL playoff hockey game on Saturday afternoon.

Beer is owed (but not paid yet) for my first helicopter jump today. It sure was a different feeling from what I'm used to. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

1 (new coach rating):9:1

Finally finished up my Coaches rating, got some kick ass swoops this weekend (even borrowed a friend's V3 with a Sabre2 190 in it and got about 150ft swoop out of that monster)...all in all not a bad weekend. Even got my new Cypres put in my rig.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

B|:):) : 6 : 0

jumped at aerohio on thursday and got 3 jumps in from 14k.. been a long time since i went that high!!! went out dinking on thursday night down at ohio state university with a "friend" and then went to green county on saturday after i recovered from thursday and made three freeflyjumps... one with phree, two with a bunh of crazy cajun chickens.... and you guys should see the shiner cajun has.. it's nice.....lol..... and i arived back to utah tonight :( oh i almost shot myself... had to sit right in the middle of a big group of hischool girls on a school trip from texas..... the pilot could of gone without anouncing a special welcome to them.. the shrieks were to much.... luckly i slept and didn't have to hear to much of the giggling and dumb chater they made that carred through the whole plane........ all in all a pretty good vacation.........

0:0:0

Between midterms at school and my crappy job and trying to find a better job, I don't have time for much of anything else.

Anywho. If I get my work squared away and I get my reimbursement check for an expense report that I sent in, I'll be at either Hinckley or SK on Friday. I have to work Saturday, so that's out. Easter is a Big Deal around my house, so I probably won't be able to sneak off.

33 (I think) new jumpers in the UW-M skydiving club:2:1

We took a big group of people to the dz who had never jumped before--it's awesome to be around so much nervous energy (and cute college boys that are willing to throw themselves out of airplanes ;))!

Just two jumps; one of which was my first jump in my beautiful new jumpsuit! B|

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

10 jumps.
1 night jump. Whoever made this a requirement should be shot. Also one large bruise on my right knee from a botched landing in the dark after using some front riser pressure to get wind penetration.
1 case if beer for about 48 million firsts, all incurred today. Case still owed as I wasd called in to work.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

7 soldiers thrown out of our plane for the first time. Also three civillians.
2 hop'n'pops wih the newbies
1 amazing buttslide performed by yours truly (the hot-rod canopy I was flying apparently felt it wasn't getting enough respect from me)
Another lesson learned, and a nice swoop on the second pop.
2 sit-fly jumps that could have gone better.
and...
jump 100!!!
which was also the first slovenian hybrid jump ever- a 3-way with my teammate, our club's cameraguy (who was doing his 500th jump) and me as the hanger- I don't think anyone of us expected it to go as well as it went.
And to top it off- the worst spot I've ever been on.
It was a good weekend.

0:9:

First headdown! I held it and then trans into a sit and then back into headdown. yeeeehhee! ...must do more...
first tandem. currency jump out at the dz and I got to be a passenger. It is wierd riding to altitude with out a rig on!
Awesome weekend!:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

First headdown! I held it and then trans into a sit and then back into headdown. yeeeehhee! ...must do more...

Beer! :ph34r:
Welcome to the dark side. It's kinda fun over here, isn't it? B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The plan was to jump until I was broke.

The reality was to show up late and wait for a load. Jump 1 done... Get bumped. Asked the manifest if I have time to get lunch, "Sure no problem", get bumped. ("you were gone...." I was told) Jump 2 (downsized a bit;)) Plop down another ticket and check the wind. (10 knots), suit up and step outside. WIND... Recheck the wind indicator and it now reads 21 knots. Take suit off, get back ticket, drive to friends house....

2 Jumps but I am safe. B|

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

0:8:1

We took one of our Otters to "Hillbilly Days" in Pikeville, KY. It's fucking beautiful up there. Eight tandems with a wide range of happy passengers: 250 pound state troopers and their 105 pound, five foot tall wives and girlfriends. Man, those folks at that airport know how to party! We brought back several quart-size mason jars of stump liquor. It was a great trip and I can't wait to get back up there and visit.

Some things those people take for granted:
-it's perfectly OK to do buzz jobs in your Citation jet when there are helicopters and powered parachutes in the pattern.
-$150 a month rent for a huge T-hangar whiich everyone turns into party pads.
-"Sure, I'll let you fly my Jet Ranger"
-"Think I'll fly to Daytona real quick (in my Citation) and make sure the doors to my condo are locked"
-everyone has outstanding moonshine in their T-hangar
-you can't get in trouble when you are partying with the mayor or one of your state troopoer buddies

Chuck

3:9:0

3- bottles of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum consumed mixed with Coke on Saturday night BBQ.

9 - jumps for the weekend. 4 Tandem vids on Saturday. 1 4-way (turned into three way.) Sunday- 1 tracking dive, 1 hop n pop on the beach (chickas in bikini's), 1 vid of a vid of a tandem. (good jump for a girls bachlorette party) and 1 hop n pop with the DZO.

0- cased owed this weekend. (Brought two for the BBQ on Saturday night.)

All in all a really good weekend. Not to bad for having the airshow in Wilmington make our airport busy and we only had one plane. All told -24 loads this weekend. 12 Saturday, 12 Sunday.

Met some guys from West Virginia on vacation. Good to meet ya' Phil and Ray. Did the four way with a guy from Myrtle Beach. Good to meet ya' Sam (?? I think.)

Beach Jumps rock!!! Perfect winds on the beach this weekend.

4 wineries visited: 2: 0

went out to byron friday afternoon for a couple jumps...landed out on the first one with the cows ;), then did a really fun 6 pt. 5 way on the next jump.

spent saturday in napa for my sister's birthday drinking a lot of wine...which meant i spent all day sunday sleeping and recovering B|