Jessica

DZ.commers -- then and now

Ok, I'll play....(condensed version)

THEN: I was a DZO. It was a small but fun DZ with a Cessna. Married with two kids. Found out the guy who I was paying my monthly fee to was pocketing the money that I was paying him for the use of the airplane for roughly 7 months (he wasn't giving it to the owner of the airplane). The airplane was pulled until the mess could be figured out. The DZ sat idle for 6 months, dipped into my saving to pay rent on the building on the DZ. Legal issues back and forth. Stress was thru the roof. Decided to pull the plug before I lost my house AND my mind.

NOW: Still married, with two kids. Stay in contact with all my skydiving friends and family. Bought 8 acres of land and in the process of building our dream house. I am now a Sous/Pastry chef for a small catering company/restaurant. Love it!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

April 29. 2001

then...had a few years of jumping under my belt.. 2 children in HS, busy at work...Ready to celebrate 20 years in a happy marriage..found the link to DZ dot com on our clubs website,,,
Pre 9-Eleven, so all was (relatively ) well in the world..[:/]
happy club member at a DZ which was leasing an Otter:)
pretty happyB|.... was rather computer illiterate, and so when joining here,, misunderstood the concept of "user name".. and instead of something cute, funny, whimsical and original,,, i wrote,,,,, my name:S:SB|:| hahahahaha

Now... one child in college.(Jr. year) One just received tenure as a 7th grade Soc Studies teacher...( can't tell ya' how PROUD we are of her...)
still busy at work...Tore up a shoulder during a CASA exit, in '05 so the jumping slowed a bit..But switched to a left hand BOC and have been carrying ON!!!
It's post 9-Eleven.... the Otter got sold, fuel is out of sight.. will reach 27 yrs marriage, in Aug, and 36 yrs of jumping, in sept..
still pretty happyB|
attachments...... JT with with gear from the 70's (then)
Jt with The new teacher, when she made her # 1 skydive...(now)

jmy

And you still have one of the best senses of humor!:D

You've also been a rock for a dz.commer who is very important to me and that I can't thank you enough for.B|

Thanks.

I firmly believe that there should be more silliness in the world. I was out jumping today and, for our third jump, I was trying to talk the others into jumping with our inflatable cow.
:)

Cow?? I wanna see. :D

We were going to shoot pics, but couldn't find video in time. Here is the sunset 4-way that we did at the Farm in October. Eva is such a camera hound.
:D

And you still have one of the best senses of humor!:D

You've also been a rock for a dz.commer who is very important to me and that I can't thank you enough for.B|

Thanks.

I firmly believe that there should be more silliness in the world. I was out jumping today and, for our third jump, I was trying to talk the others into jumping with our inflatable cow.
:)

Cow?? I wanna see. :D

We were going to shoot pics, but couldn't find video in time. Here is the sunset 4-way that we did at the Farm in October. Eva is such a camera hound.
:D

That is so cute!! :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

2001: I was still in HIGHSCHOOL! Ha! I must have had about 50 jumps at this point. I had plans of going to a good college, I ended up going to college for several weeks and dropped out to be a skydiving bum and live in a tent for a while. Everything in my life revolved around skydiving.

Now: Finishing up my master's degree in speech language pathology. Just celebrated my six year anniversary with my boyfriend. Not skydiving much right now due to the rigors of grad school. Also still dealing with the aftermath of the plane crash that killed a lot of my friends. As soon as I graduate and am making money and have free time (and as soon as my head gets screwed on straight again) I will be back with a vengeance.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

7/02. Was looking for gear, and Google said there was gear here. Single, own house, son in college, jumping gear I bought new in 1983.

4/08. Still single (but very happily living with someone), still own house, son has finally finished college, jumping gear I bought used in 2002 :ph34r:

Came for the gear, stayed for the witty repartee. When I can't find witty repartee, I postwhore anyway.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yup, that Clay. Tell him I said hello next time you speak with him. I need his email addy, so I can do it myself.

BTW, I have no clue what happened that led to his ban; so there's no judgment on my part. I also don't want to know.

Surprised that you don't know. I figured anybody who's been here at least 4 or 5 years knew. He went on a drunken PA'ing rampage on here. It was quite entertaining! :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Then: Managed a small DZ. Was in great shape and at the top of my game physically but was stoned constantly while not working.

Now: Manage a small 4x4 shop. Am in OK shape but long for the days when I could leap small buildings in a single bound without waking up the next morning and immediately popping some motrin. Am clean and sober now and as a result am at the top of my game mentally. Looking into a new career in the tactical community as I'm bored as hell with what I do now. I miss skydiving and regret selling my gear.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

good thread.....interesting replies...

from looking for gear, to having never jumped before, to FIFTY jumps and still in High School!!!! well done.

from dzo's to working folks, newbies to long timers...some of whom were away and then returned..:)
So,

nice thread. very good accomplishments, one and all , as time flies by.....
keep up the progress, skydive when you can...
that's my plan...:D

jmy in ny

good thread.....interesting replies...

from looking for gear, to having never jumped before, to FIFTY jumps and still in High School!!!! well done.

from dzo's to working folks, newbies to long timers...some of whom were away and then returned..:)
So,

nice thread. very good accomplishments, one and all , as time flies by.....
keep up the progress, skydive when you can...
that's my plan...:D

jmy in ny

Great reply!

I'll do mine when I'm sober! :|
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Well, mine says "Registered: Apr 12, 2008".
Hmmm...I must have registered this morning;
Lemme see, how is this evening different?:|
Oh, hell, I can't remember that far back!:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:D:ph34r:how the heck did THAT happen?:D

Who are you? Have we met?;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:D:ph34r:how the heck did THAT happen?:D

:D I know, I've been incognito for the past 4 yrs.;) Cya next weekend.

the 83 stuff was probably safer!
7/02. Was looking for gear, and Google said there was gear here. Single, own house, son in college, jumping gear I bought new in 1983.

4/08. Still single (but very happily living with someone), still own house, son has finally finished college, jumping gear I bought used in 2002

:D I know, I've been incognito for the past 4 yrs.;) Cya next weekend.

So you are saying we have met?:|
Did we get along, get naked, or anything?:ph34r:

Then: Did my first 2 tandems at Skydive Chicago while on a business trip, loved it. Went back to Colorado, and did another tandem just to make sure I wanted to persue AFF and decided I would. My AFF L1 Coach, Riddler on here, told me about dz.com, so that's when/why I signed up. Left Colorado after my A license, moved down South to Florida and made a lot of jumps and traveled a lot to boogies and various dz's. Between AFF and now, I have approximately 30 dz's logged in my logbook. Travel and the different scenery from alti has been really nice. I've met a lot of really nice people in the sport over the past 4 years; and have lost too many as well.

Now: Decided to end the journey around the SE U.S. and go back home to Colorado and see where this new journey takes me. My goals include finish hiking all 53 14ers in Colorado (I've only done 6 so far) and finish my Masters Degree.

Then: 26 year old vet student, single, condo in the city and RV at the DZ, incredibly shy and softspoken, adventurous spirit, ready to take on the world, skydiving was the center of my world.

Now: 33 year old widow, self employed, small house on a large farm in the country, still shy but not softspoken, finding out I am stronger than I could have ever imagined, beginning to live life to the fullest again but this time trying to make as much positive impact on others as I can before it is my turn to leave.
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

OK. Here goes.

Then: Had done 3 tandems and had just passed level 5 AFF.

Had a little trouble with level 4, so I was on jump # 13.:$

My wife & I were trying to get through AFF.
Expensive & slow process ..

Made my first post in response to a sex thread & that became my user name! :ph34r:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1716238;#1716238
Scroll up to Rasta's post.

Now: The wife & I jump almost every weekend.
Bought a camper so we can stay on the DZ.
Totally hooked!
B|

I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

This is a great idea for a thread.

I registered May 7th 2003.

Then: I was 22 years old, had maybe 7 or 8 AFF levels under my belt, was being taught by a mentor whom i respected and wanted to learn all i could about this sport. I was single, living with some friends in a house, was also just starting out in my career in advertising.

Now: I'm 27 years old, have 917 jumps as of this weekend, have lost my mentor, still respect and love him though - and am glad we became friends. I still hunger to learn about our sport. Have competed at a National level, have jumped DZ's outside of my home country. I'm single, although only as of last week. I now own a beautiful apartment. I still love my job but realise that there might be something else out there in the future.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

have 917 jumps as of this weekend

Does this mean your current? If so happy for ya...

Then - New skydiver, cried every jump because of the pure joy, lived in the moment, found a friend who is true in her heart which is rare. Found Suds who is gods gift to 18 year old size 0 chicks with blond hair

Now - Learned skydiving is not the end all be all, found new hobbies, conquered old fears, married, and gets very angry when hubby touches my gear :D lost someone way to early and aged to much by such event. Saw pure compassion by fistacuff even if I am not a size 0 :D Its a grand life
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this