dp1l

Occupations

I'm confused...

This thread was started years ago so I'm guessing maybe DZ.com wasn't the same. I noticed that all you have to do is click on a username and if that person took the time to fill out their occupation and home drop zone (which some people haven't), it's listed right there, hence why start a thread to ask? However, I'm just going to assume it's because the site had changes to it.

I just dont understand how this person got 7 pages worth of responses to something that you can already now find the answer to by clicking (assuming it's been filled out). Then on the flip side, I post a thread about my first AFF and ask for any advice or encouragement, and I can't even get 10 replies...on a SKYDIVING forum...lol Hmmm... [:/]

"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Don't remember what I was doing the last time I posted here, but now I work for The Nature Conservancy setting fires for a living. Spend about 6 months a year working in prescribed fire, 2 to 3 months a year fighting wildfire and the rest of the time in the shop maintaining equipment.

It's been three and a half years since I last went to a job that felt like work. Feels darn good. Oddly enough, I got fussed at a lot as a kid for always playing with fire.
Killing threads since 2004.

Currently a Stay-at-home-dad or Mr Mom, soon to be a part-time SSP/driver (Support Service Provider/Driver) for multi-disabled (deaf and blind) people.

But don't you worry, I'll still be a damn postwhore... :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am a Firefighter/EMT for two metro-Atlanta fire departments, one is full time (24 on/48 off) the other is a part time department. I also am in Paramedic school and should finish up April 2009, sigh.
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

I'm confused...

This thread was started years ago so I'm guessing maybe DZ.com wasn't the same. I noticed that all you have to do is click on a username and if that person took the time to fill out their occupation and home drop zone (which some people haven't), it's listed right there, hence why start a thread to ask? However, I'm just going to assume it's because the site had changes to it.

Actually if you click on everyone's profile you'll see that not everyone has filled out that "occupation" question. And a lot of people don't update regularly.