dp1l

Occupations

BTW, I'm an engineer, I design, build, and modify the oil rigs Huffermoose spends half his life on......

like Dave, i too lead a miserable existance as an engineer, i have to stay current with being a medic/emt as well, in case someone "goes down" on the oil rig. we generally have RSTR's, but if we have "multiples" well, one guy can't do it all. it is my "job description" to supervise the daily drilling activities, and logistics of personal, supplies, etc... i travel a great deal with my work, and like "huffermoose" i work a 28-28 schedule that keeps me out 6 months out of the year. i've just accepted a position with Saudi-Aramco, i'll be stationed in Bahrain, so i'll be gone for the next month, and forever.

Sky Diving is a "release" for me, welcome to the family. but beware: "sky diving is extremely addictive" and expensive, so kiss your checkbook goodbye, and say hello to your therapist...the otter, or casa, or cessna...
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Welcome to the sky.
I work in field service for a company that makes remote control equipment for railroad locomotives. My territory is about 25000 miles in circumference. Most of the time it is interesting, but can be very boring at other times. Since I travel so much, I am looking forward to getting my A license and being able to jump at different DZs.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

I fly the thing on the right. We stop things like that on the left. It's not boring.

It doesn't look boring...flying things and shooting guns (of large caliber) :o

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

welcome, friend. you will not be disappointed.

i'm a systems analyst. before anyone asks what a systems analyst does, i literally analyze systems. many companies only hire qualified computer people ( if at all ) after they've set up their network+servers and when they realize it is harder than they thought. systems analysts are like mcguyver (good ones) or dorf (bad ones) for computer networks.

it alternates between the evil and the good sides of technology: what is and what could be. completely boring compared to skydiving... but i think jumping on the weekend helps me put work in perspective.

nathaniel