sharimcm

What is the proper way to kiss?

I once got a good-bye kiss at an airport that literally left me weak in the knees. There wasn't so much tongue as there was a little open mouth sucking. It's hard to explain...could have been the passion of the moment too. Maybe you were just missing the passion with this guy?

I had a kiss like that ONCE...in the back of a cab after we just parted with friends who didn't know we were together. He couldn't WAIT to plant that one on me and I'm remembering it still.

Passion...yeppers!!! Kisses should be about the moment. If someone doesn't kiss the way you like them to...just show (and not tell, unless s/he doesn't get that you're trying to show them what you want.

My current boyfriend thinks 'nibbling' is borderline S&M. Until HE started nibbling and got the response he didn't expect. YUM!:P~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I think that the best kiss, is the one with a good amount of tongue and pressure, not tonsil hockey, but you know what I mean.

See, that's what I'm saying. You don't have to play tongue war or tonsil hockey, but a nice, passionate kiss with a little bit of tongue is nice. :$

I guess maybe I'm just not that in to him. :| Like I said, back to the cop. At least he knows how to do it right. Even if he is just a fuck buddy. :P

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

To me the kiss is very intimate....I love being kissed, and if I am kissed the way that I like I can be wound up for days - I like tongue action.....just not shoved down my throat. It should be tentative, soft, lingering...leaving me breathless and wanting more.:o:o:o:o:o

I've been told on occasion that I'm a good kisser ;)

yes mistress:$:$:$:$:$
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Give your tongue a little workout. Am I wrong? :S

"Little" is the operative word here. Tickling my uvula has never been something I enjoy. Touching tongue tips (while my [her] hand(s) is(are) working) is the WAY.

:ph34r:
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

If it ain't good at the lips, it won't get any better past the hips!

More reason NOT to let it get past a horrible kiss. B|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

It's funny that this was brought up now...In Playboy, on their Raw Data page it said that in the journal of Evolutionary Psychology that 66% of women lost all feelings of attraction after the first kiss.

That's really sad... I mean that... Sorry I drifted off... what were we talking about?
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

It's funny that this was brought up now...In Playboy, on their Raw Data page it said that in the journal of Evolutionary Psychology that 66% of women lost all feelings of attraction after the first kiss.
So I guess your statistically normal at least;)

That's quite amazing... Not that you're reading Playboy, but that you actually remembered that bit of information. ;) Or, you were reading Playboy while on dz.com and just happened to see my post... Nevermind. :ph34r:

I am totally normal, but that's statistically speaking. I rock! B|

What was the reasoning? Ws it the kiss, or do women consider a kiss to be a goal and lose interest after attaining it, kinda like guys do after getting laid?

The reasoning is simple. If the guy can't kiss worth a shit, then he's probably not worth much more than that. Some women are thinkers. I'm thinking if he can't kiss me on the lips right, he probably sucks at giving oral. I'd lose interest... Or, maybe that's just me. :|

Hopefully, it wasn't one of those "slobber" kisses where you end up needing to dry your chin off. B| The first guy I dated kissed that way...totally turned me off. :|

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Hopefully, it wasn't one of those "slobber" kisses where you end up needing to dry your chin off. B| The first guy I dated kissed that way...totally turned me off. :|

Ugh. My ex-husband kissed that way. The man was a slobber factory.:|

What was the reasoning? Ws it the kiss, or do women consider a kiss to be a goal and lose interest after attaining it, kinda like guys do after getting laid?

It's the kiss. No question. It either leaves you wanting more or kills all passion.

I saw this on MSN and thought it was a good post to my original post. :|

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=9369&menuid=6

Are you a good kisser?
By Nicole Kristal
My friend Sean thought his date went well—she laughed at his jokes, ordered dessert, and even asked him up to her apartment for a midnight make-out session. But it’s been over a week and she hasn’t returned his calls. Sean’s starting to wonder why. Little does he know, the answer’s in his kiss. I should know. I made the mistake of kissing him once.

Plenty of people worry about whether they’re good in bed, but few worry about their skills when it comes to their triple-tongue-swirl maneuvers. So people like Sean are often left questioning what went wrong on a date, even though the reason is quite literally under their noses. Sadly, no one wants to tell anyone they have the kiss of death, which means that unless you’ve been praised for your soft lips or tantalizing tongue, someone might be cringing about your not-so-sensual smooches as well. Here’s a cheat sheet of oral offenses, so you can avoid being thought of as a cringe-worthy kisser.

The Vampire Lip-Sucker
When my date Andrew first started biting and sucking on my lower lip, I tried to redirect the kiss by going for his upper lip. But when he kept doing it and my lip began to throb, I pulled away with a not-so subtle, “Ow.” He didn’t take the hint and with each tug, my lip grew rawer. The next day, at a family barbecue, everyone wondered why I had a purple lower lip.

Sure, a soft bite on the lip can be a turn on, but 10 in a row can leave your date looking like she got punched in the mouth. The first sign of a bad kisser is the inability to respond to feedback (sorry, Andrew; it’s true). If you’re not getting a positive response, don’t be afraid to stray from a move that you thought worked on someone else. Bad kissers often make the mistake of hoping you’ll grow to like whatever weird thing they’re doing. This almost never works and almost always leaves your lover bemoaning your inexperience.
View photos of singles in your area - FREE
Meet nearby singles - See profiles & pics now
Complete Chemistry's personality quiz & get matches
The Speed Racer
Another common attribute of a bad kisser is out-of-sync kisses that don’t match the other person’s rhythm. Just as relationships are about finding a happy medium, kissers should try to conform to a mutual speed. The one time I made out with Sean, he threw on a Prodigy album, and then proceeded to kiss me faster than the driving techno beat. When he wouldn’t slow down, I politely grooved my way right out his door.

I have a tongue, too, thank you
Tom was a good-looking, smart guy who played guitar and opened every door for me, but he also had a knack for filling my entire mouth with his imperialistic tongue, which completely crushed mine as it recklessly reached for my tonsils. No matter what I did, I couldn’t remove it, mostly because my own tongue seemed to have disappeared.

Lots of oral offenders’ tongues make the mistake of setting up permanent residence in their dates’ mouths. The tongue should be about playful give and take: Tease, then pull back. If that gets a positive response, venture a little further, but never leave your date thinking, “What the heck happened to my tongue?” or “Red alert: Suffocation setting in!”

Mr. Hoover
Mr. Hoover is the opposite of the previous smoocher—he likes to suck your tongue right out of your mouth and hold onto it. If your date’s entire head is unwillingly following yours because you’re holding her tongue hostage, that’s probably not a good thing. Tongue suction is tricky. Unless you know exactly the amount of suction to exert and the duration to hold your partner’s tongue captive (Hint: it’s not five minutes), you’re treading into Bad Kisser Land.

The Cheek-Licker
Licking or lapping your date’s cheek will leave him or her either (a) grossed out or (b) laughing. Licking people’s faces isn’t hot. (I don’t care if your girlfriend freshman year loved it; she was one in a million, maybe 100 million.) When it comes to kissing, the tongue should make contact with two — and only two — places above the shoulders besides the mouth—the neck and the ear. But if you shoot for these erogenous zones, don’t overdo it. Wet willies and hickeys are for amateurs.

Ladies, you can stink, too
From the above, you may get the impression that I think only guys can be bad smoochers. Not at all! Though men get a bad rap for not caring about kissing, many guys like it and expect some creativity… and are disappointed by what the women they date dish out. “I’ve been with women who are repetitive kissers—they kiss with the same motion over and over again,” complained one male friend. “It’s like you’re on a four-second loop but you can’t break it.”

My male friends’ most important piece of advice—kiss like you mean it. “A heartless kiss makes for bad kissing,” explained another guy friend. It feels like she doesn’t want to be kissing you, he said, “and that’s really annoying.”

So, ladies and gentleman, realize that if your date kisses you once and doesn’t want to continue, it may well be for a reason. And it usually has nothing to do with your SAT scores. Kissing is one of the biggest deal-breakers in early dating, so drop the misguided moves or your dates will drop you. Here’s an added incentive—good kissing can make other faults forgivable. I once went out with a guy who had no car (hey, I live in California; cars matter) and no job, but soft lips and the most amazing kiss. We dated happily for a while… until he goosed me. Oh, well. A good kiss can’t compensate for everything.

Nicole Kristal has written for Newsweek and Premiere, and is a staff writer for Back Stage West newspaper.

I once got a good-bye kiss at an airport that literally left me weak in the knees. There wasn't so much tongue as there was a little open mouth sucking. It's hard to explain...could have been the passion of the moment too. Maybe you were just missing the passion with this guy?

Note to self - Skymama can be made weak in the knees from a kiss. >:(
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

Note to self - Skymama can be made weak in the knees from a kiss.

Oh yes...kissing and nothing else can be so sensual. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon