Andy_Copland

Mexican Food

I can't help it, it freaks me out.

As soon as any of my friends say "we are getting mexican" i go into a cold sweat and panic. Its not that i dont like mexican food, its the simple fact that i dont have a fucking clue what any of it is and when they fire questions at me im lost.

Every time i go to one its "Just get me what you're having" otherwise my confusion would make me convulse on the floor drooling.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Its not that i dont like mexican food, its the simple fact that i dont have a fucking clue what any of it is and when they fire questions at me im lost.

Trust me; you don't want to know; Just order the extra guacamole and don't think about it.[:/]

Seriously, all Mexican dishes are made of the same 6 ingredients; They just reshape them and give each shape a different name.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Growing up in San Diego I cant help but feast on mexican food. There is one shop on every corner. Its pretty bad when you stop considering what type of dish to get but what shop to go to because they have the best hot sauce.
i only pretend to know what im doing
D.S.#619

I was just reading about this new bicycle-racing team last week; It was known as Team Slipstream until "Chipotle Mexican Grill" agreed to sponsor them, now the name is Slipstream Chipotle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Slipstream

Warning: You don't want to draft behind these guys; Trust me on this![:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

it's mostly:

a tortilla with meat, cheese, and some vegetables for filling.

tacos- the tortilla is in a U shape with the filling inside.

enchilladas, burritos, and flautas- the filling is rolled up in the tortilla.

tostada- the filling is put on top of a flat tortilla.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

There are A LOT of mexican places that have amazing food.

WORDS TO THE WISE
If there aren't any mexican's eating at the restaurant- its not a real mexican restaurant.

Some traditional dishes that I love.

Torta de carne asada- Its like a philly cheese steak sandwich but WAY better!!

Mole de pollo- Poached shredded chicken in spicy chocolate sauce.

Tacos de lengua- is good- with raw sweet onions and cilantro. I've never been a fan of tacos de seso....

Menudo- generally made on the weekends.
Its a tomato based soup- with cow intenstines (its not that gross) and hominy. Topped with raw cabbage- onions- and cliantro. Eat with corn tortillas.
Posole has chicken in it in lieu of cow linings.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

You're probably going to Americanized "Mexican" food restaurants. That stuff is all really tame. Mystery meat on a stick in Mexico, now THAT is when you don't ask, just enjoy that it tastes good.

Now if you want a good and tasty meal, order Barbacoa de Cabeza.

That's some good eat'n!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Trust me they won't.

And honestly- If I was offended everytime some one butchered a spanish word. My body would have dried up from all the dehydration resulting from excessive spitting.

Trust me- I bring white guys all the time to local taqueria. They just talk shit in spanish...hahahah

They dont' care as long as you pay your bill and give them a tip.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

If there aren't any mexican's eating at the restaurant- its not a real mexican restaurant.

Well, at the local Chipotle's, I am certain Spanish is the native language of every employee there. Does that count?:D
Their burritos are damn tasty, and large enough for two.:)

Well, at the local Chipotle's, I am certain Spanish is the native language of every employee there. Does that count?Laugh
Their burritos are damn tasty, and large enough for two.

Meh. They suck compared to the Freebirds in Texas.

In fact, I think I'm going to have to go to Freebirds this afternoon.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Now if you want a good and tasty meal, order Barbacoa de Cabeza.

Exactly what I was going to suggest! There isn't a whole lot to look forward to in Victoria, TX, but one thing the town does have going on is some tasty Mexican and Tex Mex. My friend that works for the health department always gets on my case for my affinity with the taco wagon I stop at on my way to work, but come on, you can't beat it!
Killing threads since 2004.