ACMESkydiver

Holy Shnikeys! I'm NORMAL! I'm NORMAL!!

Whoa!!! For the first time in more years than I can remember, my temp is 98.6!! :)
LOW temperatures have long been overlooked by the medical community. If it isn't high, it's no big deal, has been the school of thought. (well, until you become hypothermic and shit :ph34r:)

My usual basal body temp is 97.3, but lately it's been dropping down into the 96's...so I've been tracking it.

New med my doc put me on, and holy shit I have a body temp of 98.6. This is big. This is important! This is huge. B|

It's a big deal! I'm completely convinced that it really has something to do with being tired, and slowing the metabolism...it's like a bear hybernating.

Nobody else fuckin' believes me. :| I SWEAR that's what it feels like, and when I feel like crawling in a hole and sleeping for days, I check my temp and it's tanked.

Anyone else have a low body temp?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I believe you. I can be sick as a dog, hot to the touch but my temp still only gets up to 97.something. In school I could never get the nurses to believe that I was actually sick. Because I never had a temperature they always assumed that I was just faking so I could go home.

I too am also always tired. I just attributed it to my abnormal work schedule and sleep hours. (Which I'm sure don't help but still).

Maybe we should start the club of Cold Hearted Girls. :D:D

Hey ACMESkydiver,

I must not be normal either because my temp usually registers at 97.8. If I get a temp of 98.6 I'm usually running a fever. However I usually don't feel like hibernating unless it is after a day of skydiving and drinking hard. :)

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

I'm low.... average about 1 degree low all the time.

Although the wierdest thing happens, right before I get really sick it drops low. I would swear I'm running a fever (body aches, etc.), but when I take my temp it's typically around 94 - 95. The next day, I'm down for the count running a high fever.

I'm impressed you found a Dr. who listened to you, most of the Doc's that I tell completely brush it off.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I have a low body temp as well usaully about 97. somthing...I too have consistant fatigue

I always thought it was from excessive masterbation though;)

"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

hrm...me too! my normal body temp is usually 96.8

not to mention, my resting heart rate is very low. Even when i've been a lazy slob for months and am 100% out of shape, it is usually below 60. When i'm IN shape...it's below 50.

I am usually tired, and i have a terrible time losing weight.

I believe you.

:)

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Glad to hear I am not the only one has low numbers. I always have a normal temp around 96, BP is usually 80/60, low heart rate and low iron. I have tried talking to Dr's but usually get the response "better low numbers than high". Good to hear that there are Dr's that will listen.

96.8 is my normal.

I've heard it for years..."oh, a temperature of 100 isn't much of a fever". Right, not for someone with a normal body temp.

As for the being tired thing, yep. Before I started on medication to treat some symptoms, I had a really neat trick I could do (and still do if I go off my medication). I can slow my heart-rate down at will. My fiance' got a bit miffed at me for doing it before an operation 10 years ago. A nurse was taking my vitals and prepping me for surgery and they had the monitor turned. I kept making the alarm go off on it. The nurse eventually just turned it off. She didn't smile either.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Glad to hear I am not the only one has low numbers. I always have a normal temp around 96, BP is usually 80/60, low heart rate and low iron. I have tried talking to Dr's but usually get the response "better low numbers than high". Good to hear that there are Dr's that will listen.

Wow..my blood pressure is usually low, too. I also show anemic every other blood test, though I take iron supplements (ok, not regularly, but I take them when I remember!)

And no, my doc didn't change meds for my body temp. She changed them because my thyroid was low again.

I still haven't gotten anybody to address my low body temp. :S
~Jaye

I'm low.... average about 1 degree low all the time.

Although the wierdest thing happens, right before I get really sick it drops low. I would swear I'm running a fever (body aches, etc.), but when I take my temp it's typically around 94 - 95. The next day, I'm down for the count running a high fever.

I'm impressed you found a Dr. who listened to you, most of the Doc's that I tell completely brush it off.

g

I have the same deal with hot forehead, all sweaty & feeling like I'm feverish. Then I see that I'm in the 96's. :S
~Jaye

I have a low body temp as well usaully about 97. somthing...I too have consistant fatigue

I always thought it was from excessive masterbation though;)

I'm married and get it when I wants it, so I'm not thinking that masturbation has much to do with exhaustion. :):):):ph34r:
~Jaye

hrm...me too! my normal body temp is usually 96.8

not to mention, my resting heart rate is very low. Even when i've been a lazy slob for months and am 100% out of shape, it is usually below 60. When i'm IN shape...it's below 50.

I am usually tired, and i have a terrible time losing weight.

I believe you.

:)

The weight...that's the toughest thing. Exhaustion + feeling like shit doesn't help losing weight, particularly when it doesn't effect your appetite, just your energy to get up and move. :(
~Jaye

Pardon my asking; what med ?

Levothyroxine. Generic for Synthroid. I actually DO BETTER on the generic than the name brand.

I went from 100mcg to 125 mcg daily, and after 24 hours my temp was 98.6. i'll have to see if this holds, but it's a move in the right direction, I believe.

Still waiting to feel like I have the same energy level as everyone else in the world, though! I guess it can't all come at once. :ph34r:
~Jaye