byates

Wife is pissed!!

Did you invite her along?

I did, but the temps in Perris are suppose to be around 100 and she was not into that. Up until it started getting hot both her and my son would be at the DZ with me all the time.

Let her know there are plenty of ways to stay cool at Perris. Perris has a beautiful pool, and the bomb shelter bar/restaurant is air conditioned, and so is the gear store. Also, she and your son (if he's over 5 years old) can try the wind tunnel. They'd probably have a blast. There's a decent hotel down the street from the dropzone (day's inn??) if she's not so into camping.

Let her know there are plenty of ways to stay cool at Perris. Perris has a beautiful pool, and the bomb shelter bar/restaurant is air conditioned, and so is the gear store. Also, she and your son (if he's over 5 years old) can try the wind tunnel. They'd probably have a blast. There's a decent hotel down the street from the dropzone (day's inn??) if she's not so into camping.

Thanks for the heads up nightingale. She thought about the pool for a moment then the thought of a couple hundred dirty old skydiving dudes checking here out in her bikini kind of freaked her out. She's pretty hot and i'm really lucky.

Actually my son has done the windtunnel and had a blast. check it out here

http://gotgravity.com/2008/03/04/little-man-in-a-wind-tunnel/

You may have noticed by the change in the thread subject that things are cooling off on the home front. Finally getting past the "it's fine". I hate when women say that.

How does your wife or significant other react when you go off to a boogie, even if only for a couple of days?

I’m relatively new to the sport, just got my A license a few weeks ago, and up until this point my wife has been very supportive of me skydiving.

You are obviously new to the sport if you still have a wife.:o
Don't worry, that will work its self out.>:(

So true!!:)B|
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

Hey byates,

My current g/f and I met after I had already been jumping for a little while, now that I am getting ready to head back out for the first time in 5+ years, she's been really supportive. She has, however, had some dreams recently where I left her for someone else so last night I got the "you know if you hook up with some hot little skydiving girl she won't do your laundry or cook for you..." I'll be going to Perris for their boogie this week and I think it's because I won't be home every night. She's going to be out there with me on Sat & Sun, so hopefully that'll ease her mind. She'd have a great time at Perris with the pool, tunnel, and BAR.

Good luck!

SA B|

I think she stumbled onto the "chicks Rock - Elsinore" boogie info site and has it in her mind that there is going to be just a ton of hot naked girls at the boogie.

A summer boogie at Perris? While there may not be as many women as there were at Chicks Rock, there will likely still be a lot of attractive women (some half-naked), and a lot of partying going on at night.

Everyone knows the only regular nudity at Perris are the men of the Brit Military, and that's why it's not safe to be in the pool after dark.

:ph34r:
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I think she stumbled onto the "chicks Rock - Elsinore" boogie info site and has it in her mind that there is going to be just a ton of hot naked girls at the boogie.

A summer boogie at Perris? While there may not be as many women as there were at Chicks Rock, there will likely still be a lot of attractive women (some half-naked), and a lot of partying going on at night.

Everyone knows the only regular nudity at Perris are the men of the Brit Military, and that's why it's not safe to be in the pool after dark.

:ph34r:

:|
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

She thought about the pool for a moment then the thought of a couple hundred dirty old skydiving dudes checking here out in her bikini kind of freaked her out.

Geez, does she think we don't know how to behave around women? She's not going to be the only hot chick there. Tell her to wear pantaloons or a corset if she's that worried about us.:P

Would it be cool with you if she wanted to go to a surf party weekend without you and camp on the beach?

Surfer studs and newbies, a bonfire on the beach and lots of beer and liquor. And a bunch of tents set up. Some people drinking too much, some people going topless, some guys getting a bit too forward, but you know, the usual kind of party scene.

I don't care what your answer is, personally. Just ponder that yourself and see if there's any of that scenario that might bug you. Sometimes it helps to reverse the situation and take a look at your own reaction -that's helped me in many things, including sleeping over at a DZ, in these past 14 years of marital bliss. B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

[You are obviously new to the sport if you still have a wife.:o
Don't worry, that will work its self out.>:(

Now that answer is so much better than the standard B.S. of "I've never seen your life skills in action so you should consult your instructor".:P

There actually is valuable info here occasionally.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

It is a weekly battle for me when I go to the DZ. No matter what i say she cant understand why i cant make 1 jump and come home :S. When i head out to a boogie its like world war III. I always get the stupid questions, "What do you do all day long?" Can you go shopping at the DZ?" "Who are you with?" I try and get her to try and get into it but she wont even try. I think it time to trade her in for a new model.;)

HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

Yea, but she is beating around the bush giving me the "it's fine, go ahead and go".

Oh man, you are in trouble.

When a woman resigns with the "Fine, just go then" line, the last thing it means is that it is fine and you can just go.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yea, but she is beating around the bush giving me the "it's fine, go ahead and go". She says it's being away for a night that tweaks her. I think she stumbled onto the "chicks Rock - Elsinore" boogie info site and has it in her mind that there is going to be just a ton of hot naked girls at the boogie.

What she really means ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

This probably will sound terribly pessimistic, but we've all heard this story of skydivers dissapearing because their wives slowly force them out of the sport. One painful step at a time.

So, get a good divorce attorney, go to the boogies, and when it gets too hard to deal with life at home, exchange her for someone younger and prettier.

Repeat every few years.

:P