byates

Wife is pissed!!

Alo DZ.com'ers.
I know this is dangerous, but I wanted to get some of your opinions on something.

How does your wife or significant other react when you go off to a boogie, even if only for a couple of days?

I’m relatively new to the sport, just got my A license a few weeks ago, and up until this point my wife has been very supportive of me skydiving. There just seems to be something about a boogie that is tweaking her.

How does your wife or significant other react when you go off to a boogie, even if only for a couple of days?

I’m relatively new to the sport, just got my A license a few weeks ago, and up until this point my wife has been very supportive of me skydiving.

You are obviously new to the sport if you still have a wife.:o
Don't worry, that will work its self out.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I’m relatively new to the sport, just got my A license a few weeks ago, and up until this point my wife has been very supportive of me skydiving.

:D:D:D
Always Does!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:D ....Seriously though. If she's concerned about you attending a boogie, it's probably something simple like: she's been reading the Events Forum.:o
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

There just seems to be something about a boogie that is tweaking her.

Have you asked her what it is?

Yea, but she is beating around the bush giving me the "it's fine, go ahead and go". She says it's being away for a night that tweaks her. I think she stumbled onto the "chicks Rock - Elsinore" boogie info site and has it in her mind that there is going to be just a ton of hot naked girls at the boogie.

:D:D:D
Always Does!

It's always better if they have reasonably new gear and then get engaged. You get a better deal on their gear.

"Everything is great. I started jumping 6 months ago and, guess what? I just got engaged!"

"So, how much do you want for your gear?"

"Oh no. She's very cool with my jumping."
:D:D

:D ....Seriously though. If she's concerned about you attending a boogie, it's probably something simple like: she's been reading the Events Forum.:o

Yes - this is a case where the more she knows about these events, the less likely she is to be happy about you being there.

Yea, but she is beating around the bush giving me the "it's fine, go ahead and go". She says it's being away for a night that tweaks her. I think she stumbled onto the "chicks Rock - Elsinore" boogie info site and has it in her mind that there is going to be just a ton of hot naked girls at the boogie.

Does she have any reason not to trust you?

Does she have any reason not to trust you?

'course not...it's his :D boogie! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I've been trying to arrange my vacations to make it there for the last 2 years....quit rubbing it in!!! >:(

*spanks moody*

There's you're problem right there . . . never tell the pretty girl to stop rubbing it. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yes - this is a case where the more she knows about these events, the less likely she is to be happy about you being there.

Or she might actually miss him in his absence, or she might not wish to go because it is rather tedious hanging around a bunch of knobs lobbing all day or there's other things in the relationship that need a bit of work and the boogie is seen as a place where fidelity may drift. or she may not want that much money spent on jumping. or a thousand other valid (to her) reasons.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've been trying to arrange my vacations to make it there for the last 2 years....quit rubbing it in!!! >:(

*spanks moody*

There's you're problem right there . . . never tell the pretty girl to stop rubbing it. ;)

NOW ya tell me!!!! :D

Nevermind, moody...keep rubbing it!!! :)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

...or she may not want that much money spent on jumping.

True. The new rig, the new Mustang, and the trip to the boogie are all about him.

With all that money, they could make a downpayment on a new mini-van and that would be "theirs". :D

How selfish. :ph34r:

"Vrooom... vrrroooom..."
:D

Just a thought but maybe she'd prefer you spend the vacation days and money on something the two of you can do together. Or does she get to spend a ton of money doing her own "thing" with her friends while you stay home with the kids?

All joking aside, I know plenty of happily married male skydivers with wives who don't jump. Female jumpers with whuffo boyfriends and husbands- not so many .........:S

Just a thought but maybe she'd prefer you spend the vacation days and money on something the two of you can do together. Or does she get to spend a ton of money doing her own "thing" with her friends while you stay home with the kids?

All joking aside, I know plenty of happily married male skydivers with wives who don't jump. Female jumpers with whuffo boyfriends and husbands- not so many .........:S

Refer to Bill's post directly above. ;):ph34r:
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I like to think that I'm pretty fair when it comes to things like this. As an example after this trip I'm taking a few days off to watch the little one while she visits her sister. I she usually comes out ahead.

Examples

I got my aff, she got a new Ford Edge
I got my A License, she got a new Mac book pro

We also make sure not to leave the little one out. He got a trip to Lego land.

We're pretty blessed (and spoiled) so I know it's not the $$. She only got pissed when I mentioned that I was going to camp out there overnight instead of driving 100 miles back home then turnaround and drive 100 miles back to the DZ.

I think she stumbled onto the "chicks Rock - Elsinore" boogie info site and has it in her mind that there is going to be just a ton of hot naked girls at the boogie.

A summer boogie at Perris? While there may not be as many women as there were at Chicks Rock, there will likely still be a lot of attractive women (some half-naked), and a lot of partying going on at night.