peanutgallery

I need a change...

Somewhere sunny and warm. Those will be my criteria anyway if I ever move.

Again PERTH Western AustraliaB|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I evacuated NJ about a year ago and moved down to NC. Best move I ever could have made. Cost of living is amazing. I pay as much for a 3 bedroom house as I did for a 1 bedroom apartment in Jersey. Lots of places to hike, and plenty of nice lakes around (I'm a kayaker too), even some culture in the city. There is a joke around here that Cary (suburb of Raleigh) is an acronym for Central Area for Relocated Yankees.
Ironically the only thing I can't tell you much about is the nearest DZ... I haven't jumped since I've moved, but I hear good things about Carolina Sky Sports.
Why does it say "Append signature to post" when I don't have a signature?

Well teachers in this part of Texas make decent money. To put it in perspective, though, last year (before California's housing market tanked) we bought a nice 3 bed 2 bath for what would probably still cost $7,000,000,000 in California, in the one best neighborhoods in my town for that sized house for a whole lot less then $7,000,000,000.

If you're interested in where in TX with some advice about cities/towns within a few hours of me, then shoot me an e-mail.

Nevermind that there are 3 major turbine DZs within easy driving distance (one under an hour away) and more smaller DZs in the area then you can shake a 4-way at.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'll move in with you.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

You just described Perth Western Australia B|
Great weather year round, loads of outdoor stuff to do, very dog friendly, beaches and parks.
I'm a teacher also and i eanr a decent living and have been able to buy my home and pay for a world trip. So the pay and cost of living arn't too shabby:)
Come on MOVE to OZ, You know you want to :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Just make sure it is not Perth New Jersey
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

All the cool kids are in Atlanta.

Word, at Skydive the Farm :D j/k, but no, really, lol.

I was born in ATL and I love it here. It would be hard to find a city that could beat ATL. You're in one of the largest growing cities, 4 hours from the beach and two from the mountains and the Appalachian Trail. Two hours from the Nania Halia, Ocoee, and of course Chattahoochee River (I totally butchered those Rivers names). 9 million people plus...

Southern Hospitality, can't beat it, nowhere!
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

I'll move in with you.
Cool :):ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Anyone else ever just pick up and move, not knowing anybody where you went?

I've done that a few times. The first time was basic training, but the rest were as a civilian. Surprisingly, except for the Army, I've always run into someone I know quickly after relocating.

One place I don't recommend is Florida. I've lived in a few Florida cities here, and spent considerable time in a couple more. Some are better than others. (Right now I'm in Orlando and hate it, can't wait to graduate and get the hell out of Dodge.) The best feature of the state is the cosmopolitan culture, especially around the large DZ's.

On this side of the country, Atlanta seems appealing. On the other side of the Mississippi, there's Las Vegas and the mid to northern west coast. I recently heard there is a very high demand for teachers in Las Vegas.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

To put it in perspective, though, last year (before California's housing market tanked) we bought a nice 3 bed 2 bath for what would probably still cost $7,000,000,000 in California, in the one best neighborhoods in my town for that sized house for a whole lot less then $7,000,000,000.

Wow. $7 billion dollars for a 3 bed 2 bath home in California? What would such a home go for before the housing bubble burst?

:D
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

yeah, can't say I'm much of a vegas girl :)

Keri,

You have a great personality, you are smart, and you are genuienly nice person. You are going to do great where ever you decide to go. Don't worry about finding yourself in a new state with a bunch of strangers, you'll turn a bunch of them into good friends before long.

Start with small steps, get some letters of recommendations and start sending out some resumes to different school districts in a few areas you are interested.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I moved from Detroit to Atlanta without knowing anyone here. I got a job transfer so that helped make it easier.
I can't say that I love it here and I don't see myself here for the long term. I find myself leaning toward the Carolinas.
Try FindYourSpot. You answer several questions and get suggestions on the best place for you based on your answers.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Florida is the place to go...

I came from Saudi Arabia directly to the US and St Petersburg Fl, was the place. I have been to several other states but couldn't imagine myself living anywhere other than Florida. ZHills is open all year around with TwinOtter always online(A plane that doesn't stall when fat people like me do stupid things at the doorB|).

In regard to teaching, Florida's average salary for school teachers is $40,598 in 04-05 with 2.41% increase/year. You mentioned having a master degree.. so that is a plus.http://www.fldoe.org/eias/eiaspubs/pdf/tchsal05.pdf

Orange Park! that is a little village that has nothing but TacoBell and Checkers. I don't like doing anything outside the house and was going crazy when I stayed at a friend's mom's place for 2 days overthere.

Not to mention, housing and living expenses are fairly cheap here in Florida.

On the other hand, Tampa and Orlando has a lot going on.

I am a newly graduate Chemist. However, I am not seeking a job in that field because I make more money teaching. I have been tutoring privately for a while. It’s very easy job and pays VERY well. If you are interested and you want some more insights, PM me and I will give you all the details.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

I did the pack up and move without doing lots of research thing once - California to Florida - and was back in California a year later.

Besides the hurricanes, 2 o'clock thunderstorms, bugs and humidity, it's very flat in Florida. Which is fine when it comes to getting around town and walking and skydiving... but I also need to be able to see mountains, if not close by then at least on the horizon. Think about the physical geography that you prefer before you move and you'll probably be happier with where you end up.

Northern California - specifically the Sacramento area - would be my suggestion. Fits almost all of your criteria - lots of outdoor activities (summer and winter), multiple turbine dz's with nice people, jumpable weather year round, reasonable salaries for teachers (enough that I know some who can afford to live and jump), very animal friendly. If you've got good credit this is a great time to buy a house in the Sacramento area - prices have come down significantly over the past couple years (nice 3 bedroom homes for $200k-ish). Living expenses aren't quite as high and traffic isn't nearly as bad as southern California.

That's a pretty cool site! It says I should go to Portland Oregon. The list included quite a few cities in Oregon and Arkansas, two places I would have NEVER considered before. There was a few in California and Washington as well. Pretty cool, thanks!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

Check out the Chicago suburbs,,,very good teacher pay. My brother is on the school board of one of them. Good dropzones around, plenty to see and do, and here's my favorite part..........3/4 of the country is a days drive away !!
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083