goofyjumper

Why can't I let him go?

I have no idea what advice to give you. You were many, many orders of magnitude closer to him than I was, and I still miss him, so in my mind your feelings are perfectly justified. I wish I had some magic words to ease your pain, but I don't. Still, you can call me whenever you want and I'll try to make you laugh. ;)

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I have no idea what advice to give you. You were many, many orders of magnitude closer to him than I was, and I still miss him, so in my mind your feelings are perfectly justified. I wish I had some magic words to ease your pain, but I don't. Still, you can call me whenever you want and I'll try to make you laugh. ;)

Blues,
Dave

OH WOW - you have a web cam then?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I really didn't start this thread to make people feel sorry for me. I just want everyone to know how much I miss him and I don't want him to be forgotten.

He was such a DZ.com whore and I know he would love to post as much as he could but cannot.

"What shit can we stir up up?" That was his favorite line on DZ.com
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

This is a very hard question... and in fact one that I ask myself daily.

I would like to promise you that tomorrow, or in a month or maybe a year... or two... or four years, 3mos and 1wk later... that the pain will ease. That the hollow will somehow fill. That it will all be "ok."

But I can't promise anything of the sort.

The only thing that I CAN tell you is that friends and support make the days survivable. Please lean on them.

The first year tears you completely apart. You will be fine one moment and then wanting to scream at the sun for rising the next. You will attempt to understand the "deeper meaning" of the event... and then turn away from the One that "caused" this pain. Depression and Anger are part of this time.

Things to help you:
Just know that he doesn't want you in pain, your smile is important... that all the shit you stir up is shit that he was cheated out of stirring, so you need to enjoy it for both of you... that you will, at some point, be back with him again.

edited to make you :)

I know that he is probably telling me right now, "get over it you dirty whore"

You all know how he was.

I wonder if we could muster up some good quotes he used to say.

Could you just grab that for me? Yeah just take it out to the car for me, I'll pay for it when I get to the register.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I was looking at the photo of him in the hallway at the farm yesterday, the one where he was pied. How could anyone forget that shit eating grin?
I miss getting yahoo instant messages from him with a link to the latest thread saying "look what I just started hehehee!".
Brandy, if it helps, ALL of my memories of Lee make me smile, and some make me laugh out loud. :)

I know that he is probably telling me right now, "get over it you dirty whore"

You all know how he was.

I wonder if we could muster up some good quotes he used to say.

Could you just grab that for me? Yeah just take it out to the car for me, I'll pay for it when I get to the register.

OMG so TRUE!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

I still laugh when i see half a cheeseburger hanging out his mouth and crumbs falling on the floor as he says "Do you have to scan this too?" to the women behind the counter in the petrol station, funny shit.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

one of my funniest memories of lee was when his dad and i went with him to a kentucky on arrival to usa, on route to tallahasse ,we sat and ate and he got food to take with us for the long journey from atlanta , when we got in the car and set off and he said ,thanks for dinner mum great of you ,and i said u said u were getting the bill ,shocked he said i cant believe my mum would steal kentucky food ,my god mum ,what is the world coming to ,i was so skocked and embarrased as i brought him up to be so honest , but even though we are an honest family ,i had to laugh at the shear cheek of him ,and it was done because it would be rude not to ,lol:$

I only met Lee once but that was all it took to know he was one of a kind.(thank god):)
I have a second family that adopted me as one of their own. I lived with them for 6 years. About a year after the father of the family passed, I was talking with my "mum" about the healing process. She told me that the pain of losing Bob still cut like a knife, but the blade had started to dull a bit. I could completely understand. He acted more like a father than my dad ever did. I still miss him dearly after 14 years, but now the memories bring a smile instead of tears.

If it were that easy to let go, it didn't mean that much in the first place. Lee was very special.:)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I lost someone very close to me very suddenly. At night I would dream that he appeared again, and I could ask him, "Why?" But in my dreams, he never answered.

In my experience, it's that question - Why? -- remaining unanswered that makes it so difficult to move on. And really, it's never really 'moving on'. It will get easier to accept, functioning will become less arduous, but you will never, ever stop remembering him and wondering, "What if?"

When you truly love someone, and then lose them, I don't think anyone ever quite reaches that far into your heart again. And that's ok. It's a tribute to what you two shared.

Sorry for your pain.[:/]

That story was freakin' hilarious! :D I only met Lee once. Loud, slightly obnoxious and funny as hell. Makes you wonder why the good ones go away and the bad ones get to stay. >:(

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I was surrounded by so many deaths leading up to Lees it was tearing me apart. Lees death was a hard blow but something in it made me stop dwelling on the pain of all the loss.

I still miss him I just can't dwell on the loss and pain anymore.

That's an incredibly sad transition. I've experienced it myself. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, the numbness wears off. For me, I'd say it's been fortunate. Hearing tonight that the mom of one friend I lost has completed AFF and her sister starts it in a couple weeks...warm fuzzies all over the place. :)
Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I just thought about him the other day when I was watching the Redskins game, wishing I could hop on instant messenger to give him some shit during the short time they were losing.

"Come on dude, I'll pay for it" was something he told me more than a few times. The last two times I visited the farm y'all were there and both times he offered to pick up the costs of the jumps to get me current even though he knew it would only be one day of jumping then back to no jumping. I never felt I could let someone do that, but I always felt a little bad not taking him up on it because it was so genuinely offered.

We didn't chat often, but the chats we did have rarely ended without an offer to put me to work so I could earn some extra money to jump (or just get by). A true original.
Killing threads since 2004.

It will take a very long time for your heart to heal, just take it one day at a time. Talk to him, I know he is listening and watching over you. I finally made it to the farm for the first time yesterday. My boyfriend and I made sure to visit his tree and bench... Hugs